Re: Premier League 2017-18

Post by 747man » December 3, 2017, 10:21 pm

The Early Kick Off..................December 3
FTAFC Bournemouth 1 - 1 Southampton

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 4, 2017, 1:01 am

FT Manchester City 2 - 1 West Ham United.......Very Unlucky There Wet Spam....

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 4, 2017, 6:50 am

Pleased to help out with the education of the masses, I was waiting for a bite but it came from a different direction had it come from where I expected the weight of the catch may have dragged me into the Manchester Ship Canal. For all those anti V.A.R. people out there have some sympathy for Eddie Howe and Adam Smith as Jon Moss (referee)apologised for making a mistake in NOT awarding a Penalty to the Cherries AND for giving Smith his 5th. booking of season? for simulation which means a one match suspension for the Cherries lad. I watched highlights of THE Bundesliga games where the VAR resulted in a few "goals" being disallowed. It really does work and sends the Punters home happy that the correct decision has been made albeit a tad belatedly.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 4, 2017, 9:07 am

I'm all for VAR, as many mistakes are being made with referees unable to cope with the pace of the game, with players being ahem 'professional', crowd pressures and, of course, the need to make an immediate decision. The question marks appear to be about who decides when referral should be made (e.g.just the referee,or on appeal by a captain), the play circumstances/scenario when VAR will be used(e.g. only when a goal is allowed/disallowed, or when a booking/sending off is involved) when/how play is stopped for referral (e.g. waiting for the next stoppage in play, or a team kicks the ball out of play), who looks at the video (just the referee or others) and delay in the game.
How are they 'working it' in the Bundesliga?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 4, 2017, 9:13 am

There,there goodison,what a fuss about nowt,sorry nothing ! :pirate:
Other than being an Everton supporter you come across as being an intelligent man and I hear Udon Rajabaht University are looking for a highly qualified English teacher.That could be you and,maybe,you could have 747man as your classroom assistant when he eventually gets released from the Psychiatric Unit at the Wattana Hospital in Nong Khai ! ;)

Now,my learned friend,maybe you or another intelligent member of the footie forum can answer this question......
If referee Jonathan Moss has apologised to Alan Smith for booking him for diving when it should have been a penalty,why cant the yellow card be rescinded ?
This is 2017 not 1884 ! Bournemouth are punished TWICE when innocent and with the penalty they would have been 2-0 up at half time and could well have won the game....plus Smith gets suspended when he should be able to play the next game.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 4, 2017, 10:41 am

Blimey Zid, if the Cherries have signed Alan Smith they must be desperate. I'm sure I wrote Adam! That's 2 of the 3 R's you've struggled with. Detention for you young fella-me -lad. However I believe you can get a decent caning in Soi Sampan, might be right up your street, pardon the pun! I agree wholeheartedly ref : the rescinding of the card I'm only going on the Beeb report and Eddie Howe's comments. As for a teaching post at U.R. Uni, terrific thought but I'd struggle in keeping my mind out of the gutter! bad enough watching the Ball Girls at Wimbledon. BIT TOO MUCH iNFO. What?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 4, 2017, 11:08 am

goodison wrote:
December 4, 2017, 10:41 am
Blimey Zid, if the Cherries have signed Alan Smith they must be desperate. I'm sure I wrote Adam! That's 2 of the 3 R's you've struggled with. Detention for you young fella-me -lad. However I believe you can get a decent caning in Soi Sampan, might be right up your street, pardon the pun! I agree wholeheartedly ref : the rescinding of the card I'm only going on the Beeb report and Eddie Howe's comments. As for a teaching post at U.R. Uni, terrific thought but I'd struggle in keeping my mind out of the gutter! bad enough watching the Ball Girls at Wimbledon. BIT TOO MUCH iNFO. What?
Yeah Detention in the Dementia ward at Bangkok Hospital,Udon for Zid.... :D :D =; =;

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 4, 2017, 11:17 am

"Alan Smith" ...... :oops: .......must do better or else ! :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2017, 6:57 pm

One for Ernest ........

Spot bet of the week HAS to be Vincent Kompany picking up his 5th booking in the derby.

Not sure how Citeh will cope against the potent Swansea forward line whilst he serves his one match ban though =; :-$

Just noticed Fernandinho is on 4 yellows as well .......... looks like a good chance for a win double :drunk:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2017, 8:01 pm

Didn't expect to see the top two anywhere in this list .... let alone so far in advance of the chasing group
11Aerial.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 7, 2017, 6:33 pm

This weeks predictions ....

West 'Am 1 - 4 Chelsea
Burnley 0 - 1 Watford
Palace 2 - 0 Bomo
Hudd 1 - 1 BHA
Swan 1 - 1 WBA
Spuds 2 - 1 Stk
N'cstle 2 - 1 Lei
Sot 1 - 1 Ars
Liv 1 - 1 Eve
Man U 2 - 1 Man C (David Silva to make speedy recovery and play Kompany & Ferandinho both to get a Yellow card)

Last week Stats 5 correct results with 2 perfect scores Mat 7 correct results with 1 perfect score

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 8, 2017, 8:36 am

fixtures.png

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 8, 2017, 9:35 am

No interest in my earlier VAR post, a bit surprising when we'd argue till the cows come home over bad referees and decisions etc.

But a little research has answered some of my example questions, particularly that there are only some incidents that VAR is being applied to. So, for example, a corner incorrectly awarded or a free kick which wasn't, giving a great goalscoring opportunity, wouldn't be reviewed. Also, who actually decides to use var to 'help'.

I looked at the following. Brighton v Palace in the FA Cup is going to be VAR'd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_assistant_referee
https://football-technology.fifa.com/en ... erees-var/
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42269798

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 8, 2017, 1:35 pm

A good idea to trial VAR in the cup competitions to see how it gets on.It shouldn't be used in all aspects of the game like incorrect throw ins or incorrect corners but is important for goals incorrectly awarded or violent conduct etc.
Just sayin' ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2017, 2:11 pm

Needs to be trialed for at least 10 years (I won't have to worry about it) before they even consider it for Prem/championship matches. Only have to look at the chaos in Germany to see that its a poorly thought out idea. Even had VAR operators needing to be banned for bias :evil:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » December 8, 2017, 3:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 7, 2017, 6:33 pm
This weeks predictions ....
Statto.............................Mat.
West 'Am 1 - 4 Chelsea..........0-3.
Burnley 0 - 1 Watford............1-2.
Palace 2 - 0 Bomo................2-0.
Hudd 1 - 1 BHA....................0-1.
Swan 1 - 1 WBA....................1-0.
Spuds 2 - 1 Stk.....................3-0.
N'cstle 2 - 1 Lei....................1-2.(unless one of JM's hatchet men can be borrowed to take out Vardy!).
Sot 1 - 1 Ars........................0-3.
Liv 1 - 1 Eve........................3-0.
Man U 2 - 1 Man C ................2-4.

Last week Stats 5 correct results with 2 perfect scores Mat 7 correct results with 1 perfect score
Naughty, naughty Statto [-X For me, 7 correct results and TWO perfect scores. ( i.e. Chelsea v Newcastle & Stoke v Swansea)

BREAKING NEWS! It is rumoured the FA has issued a directive to City that, in accordance with demands put forward by Mourinho, Clattenburg has been recalled to referee the match, with specific instructions not to red card any of Mourinho's hatchet men specially assigned to 'take care' of any City players causing a nuisance. Also, details of the City starting line up; it's formation and which players will be on the bench and, finally, comprehensive details of the tactics to be adopted by Guardiola's players, against United, all to be delivered to Mourinho personally not less than six hours before KO. Failure by City to observe any of these requirement will be considered to give an unfair advantage to City, and will be punished severely by a specially appointed five member Committee which, in the interests of fairness, shall not include more than three Directors of the Man. Utd. Board of Directors. Anyone getting wind of any further updates, please be sure to post them! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2017, 4:54 pm

"Naughty, naughty Statto [-X For me, 7 correct results and TWO perfect scores. ( i.e. Chelsea v Newcastle & Stoke v Swansea)"

Even without my rose (black/white striped) glasses on I know that we didn't lose 0 - 3 as we scored first again [-X

That makes 7 correct results with ONE perfect score :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2017, 5:02 pm

Will be interesting to see if Kompany & Fernandinho manage to get their required yellow card in this game.

Poor old Sutton Utd reserve keeper gets a ban for eating a pie as it was deemed to be "fixing a betting market", and De Bruyne gets away without even a fine , let alone a ban for blatently cheating by getting the booking everyone had bet that he would get [-X

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » December 8, 2017, 5:36 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 8, 2017, 4:54 pm
"Naughty, naughty Statto [-X For me, 7 correct results and TWO perfect scores. ( i.e. Chelsea v Newcastle & Stoke v Swansea)"

Even without my rose (black/white striped) glasses on I know that we didn't lose 0 - 3 as we scored first again [-X
That makes 7 correct results with ONE perfect score :lol:
Can't blame a fellah for trying. :oops: With another 23 (?) rounds to go, just have to keep plugging away, in the slim hope I will catch you on an off day, when you will momentarily become human and make a mistake! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 8, 2017, 5:42 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 8, 2017, 2:11 pm
Needs to be trialed for at least 10 years (I won't have to worry about it) before they even consider it for Prem/championship matches. Only have to look at the chaos in Germany to see that its a poorly thought out idea. Even had VAR operators needing to be banned for bias :evil:
Perhaps I need to check further, because I believed the Bundesliga trials went ok. And Goodison wrote "I watched highlights of THE Bundesliga games where the VAR resulted in a few "goals" being disallowed. It really does work and sends the Punters home happy that the correct decision has been made albeit a tad belatedly."

Return to “World Sports”