Will Trump make the Grade.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by jimjay » December 7, 2017, 4:36 pm

joudon wrote:
December 7, 2017, 3:27 pm
I have tried to submit 2 posts on this subject but both have been deleted. Is Udon map now a censor of free speach.
speach is actually spelled "speech". 2 "e" in there.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 7, 2017, 11:39 pm

What is Trump doing poking his nose into Jerusalem, its got nothing to do with America why are they stirring up trouble in another country ??.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 8, 2017, 12:21 am

vlad wrote:
December 7, 2017, 11:39 pm
What is Trump doing poking his nose into Jerusalem, its got nothing to do with America why are they stirring up trouble in another country ??.
He did it to prove to newtovillage life that he was not anti semetic. There is an article about it on cnn.

halfbiscuit

Post by halfbiscuit » December 8, 2017, 10:12 am

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 9, 2017, 6:03 pm

gee, everyone's all a-dither after Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Numerous demonstrations of Muslims all over the world sayig Jerusalem belongs to Islam... Guess they forgot about the Jews and the Christians having a stake there eh?

Funny though, when Russia did the same thing in April I don't recall a peep from the media or the Muslim "street". http://thehill.com/policy/international ... li-capital

As for why Trump did it, well, it was one of his campaign promises and indeed it was codified in U.S. law back in 1995 under Bill Clinton's Administration but waived every six months since then.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

The Czech's jumped on the bandwagon too.
http://aa.com.tr/en/europe/czech-republ ... tal/994143

I'm betting many more countries will do it in the next few months..
Dave

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 9, 2017, 6:30 pm

Clinton, GWB and Obama ALL -- in their own words -- recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. NONE kept their promise to Israel or to the American people.
And a blast from the past ... Jesse praising Donald Trump for his lifetime of service to African Americans. Of course, this was before Trump ran for office as a Republican against Hillary.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 9, 2017, 7:21 pm

Lone Star wrote:
December 6, 2017, 9:26 pm
Legislation is a legislative accomplisment by the Legislative Branch.

Trump is the head of the Executive Branch. The POTUS does not legislate. That's the job of Congress. I can understand why you may be confused because Obama tried to unconstitutionally write laws and change laws.

The links previously provided show successful actions that were accomplished by the POTUS through his executive powers.
Trump signed 49 executive orders in his first 9 months, placing him 4th in your 'POTUS unconstitutionally writing laws' fantasy league and way ahead of Obama who had only managed 26 EO's at the same juncture.

Late in his campaign, Trump derided Obama's increasing use of the EO as a purposeful end-run of the legislative branch.

Obama was the atypical, second (last)-term, lame-duck president who was being stymied by partisan stonewalling in the formal legislative arenas when he ramped up his penmanship.

Since the Republicans couldn't agree on an agreeable way to repeal Obamacare, beyond undoing the ACA and as much of Obama's other legislation as he can by EO, despite having a majority in both Houses, what's Trump's excuse for law by executive fiat?

Because he can isn't really an answer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 9, 2017, 7:37 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
December 7, 2017, 8:46 am
... He has no problem with non whites it is just that a big problem is most of them are illegal immigrants from Mexico, ...
And thus the popular myth is perpetuated.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 9, 2017, 8:13 pm

tamada wrote:
December 9, 2017, 7:21 pm
Lone Star wrote:
December 6, 2017, 9:26 pm
Legislation is a legislative accomplisment by the Legislative Branch.

Trump is the head of the Executive Branch. The POTUS does not legislate. That's the job of Congress. I can understand why you may be confused because Obama tried to unconstitutionally write laws and change laws.

The links previously provided show successful actions that were accomplished by the POTUS through his executive powers.
Trump signed 49 executive orders in his first 9 months, placing him 4th in your 'POTUS unconstitutionally writing laws' fantasy league and way ahead of Obama who had only managed 26 EO's at the same juncture.

Late in his campaign, Trump derided Obama's increasing use of the EO as a purposeful end-run of the legislative branch.

Obama was the atypical, second (last)-term, lame-duck president who was being stymied by partisan stonewalling in the formal legislative arenas when he ramped up his penmanship.

Since the Republicans couldn't agree on an agreeable way to repeal Obamacare, beyond undoing the ACA and as much of Obama's other legislation as he can by EO, despite having a majority in both Houses, what's Trump's excuse for law by executive fiat?

Because he can isn't really an answer.
MOST of the EOs that Trump has issued RESCINDED Obama's unconstitutional writing of law. Look it up. Trump is obliterating the Obama legacy of lawlessness with the unconstitutional precedent set by Obama. I knew it would come back to bite LIBs in the a55 -- just like Harry Reid's "nuclear option" on legislation.

I warned all those LIBs dancing in the streets when Obama and Reid were driving that steamroller. I asked them what they were going to do when the next POTUS takes office and erases all of Obama's unilateral BS. They were too filled with glee to hear it.

It's like they say, "Give 'em a dose of their own medicine, and they swear you've poisoned them."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 9, 2017, 8:27 pm

Lone Star wrote:
December 9, 2017, 8:13 pm
MOST of the EOs that Trump has issued RESCINDED Obama's unconstitutional writing of law. Look it up. Trump is obliterating the Obama legacy of lawlessness with the unconstitutional precedent set by Obama. I knew it would come back to bite LIBs in the a55 -- just like Harry Reid's "nuclear option" on legislation.

I warned all those LIBs dancing in the streets when Obama and Reid were driving that steamroller. I asked them what they were going to do when the next POTUS takes office and erases all of Obama's unilateral BS. They were too filled with glee to hear it.

It's like they say, "Give 'em a dose of their own medicine, and they swear you've poisoned them."
Obama couldn't get things done with the Republican-owned House bound by partisan wrangling, so he chose the unconstitutional EO route.

Trump can't get things done with the Republican-owned House bound by inter-party wrangling, so he chooses the still unconstitutional EO route.

It's like they say, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 10, 2017, 1:17 am

tamada wrote:
December 9, 2017, 7:37 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
December 7, 2017, 8:46 am
... He has no problem with non whites it is just that a big problem is most of them are illegal immigrants from Mexico, ...
And thus the popular myth is perpetuated.
What myth, Illegal immigrants and Islamic terrorists come in all colors, in the US most are mexican. I would like to see some proof of President Trump being racist.

halfbiscuit

Post by halfbiscuit » December 11, 2017, 1:31 am

one definition of racism:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Trump is a racist.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 11, 2017, 2:30 am

halfbiscuit wrote:
December 11, 2017, 1:31 am
one definition of racism:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Trump is a racist.
That is your opinion, how about some factual examples. The problem with people like you is you only want to believe want you want to believe, you don't like Trump so you repeat what others like you have said. Reality and personal emotions are two different things. Now try to prove me wrong with some factual examples, you will not be able to.

ytrewq
udonmap.com

Post by ytrewq » December 11, 2017, 3:05 am

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56d4 ... 60bf777e83

and

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 86081.html

and

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -of-racism

[BTW, that's a portrait of Andrew Jackson in the background. See Trail of Tears. A genocidal forced march of Native American nations from Florida to Oklahoma (desert areas) so white people could take their lands, turn them into plantations, and get rich(er) farming them with slave labor]

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » December 11, 2017, 6:52 am

The REALITY is that Dump being a racist, is the opinion of millions of Americans. Yet he does nothing to quell their fears, or bring the country together. He is not a leader, he is a divider.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”