Traffic Tickets

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Traffic Tickets

Post by Charlieb » December 8, 2017, 11:15 am

Looks like the govt is trying to cut the income of local police :D

New Traffic Tickets More Convenient – But Can’t Be Ignored

8 December 2017 - 09:31 am

BANGKOK — A new type of traffic ticket, which includes a barcode and English translation, will come into universal use early next year, police said Thursday. In addition to impeding corruption, the new tickets allow traffic violators to pay fines at an ATM and are translated into English for the ever increasing number of foreign motorists in Thailand, said Jirapat Phumjit, deputy commander of Bangkok metro police. They also cannot be simply ignored as the old tickets often were.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Traffic Tickets

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 8, 2017, 11:54 am

Charlieb wrote:
December 8, 2017, 11:15 am
Looks like the govt is trying to cut the income of local police :D

New Traffic Tickets More Convenient – But Can’t Be Ignored

8 December 2017 - 09:31 am

BANGKOK — A new type of traffic ticket, which includes a barcode and English translation, will come into universal use early next year, police said Thursday. In addition to impeding corruption, the new tickets allow traffic violators to pay fines at an ATM and are translated into English for the ever increasing number of foreign motorists in Thailand, said Jirapat Phumjit, deputy commander of Bangkok metro police. They also cannot be simply ignored as the old tickets often were.
CCTV Cams all over the place now Charlie ..these fines by the post also cannot be ignored .. sadly its all to easy to slip over the speed limits where they have located the cams and im a good customer of the governments fund :( , KK is by far the worst area but now cams along in Kumpawapi as well ....

Just a thought ..must be a bit sickening for car rental companies as the renter / drivers are long gone when the fine drops thru the front door.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 8, 2017, 12:25 pm

Just a thought ..must be a bit sickening for car rental companies as the renter / drivers are long gone when the fine drops thru the front door.

DM
[/quote]

Yes DM cameras of all types are everywhere in life now.
That's why they want credit cards for rentals.
Got done in Darwin years ago by a camera and 3 weeks later my credit card got hit with the fine. :( I knew it was coming as the flash of the cam light let me know.
Assume the same applies here in LOS???

But as a positive I didn't lose points from my interstate license. :D

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » December 8, 2017, 1:05 pm

What do the speed cams look like ?
And where are they in Udon?

Got done over 10 years ago in the UK. Cam caught me twice in one day.

6 points & £110 fine.

Splendid!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 8, 2017, 3:54 pm

For the past month or so, the Provincial Land Transport Office of Udon has been posting results of speed traps.....mostly along the Udon-KK Hwy.
Here's the latest from 5 Dec:
Attachments
24852392_1797902983842215_6021086565906743529_n.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2017, 4:35 pm

Had a nice little ticket (duel language) attached to my windscreen wiper when I returned to my car on Wednesday in Udon. Traffic cop opposite Udon Christian Fellowship school did me for "parking in a manner that obstructs the traffic".

Asked him where the "No parking" signs were, and only answer was "go to police station to pay".

Funnily enough I had to get my extension done yesterday at immigration, so I wandered down to the cop shop and handed in my "ticket".
"B200 please"
"what did I do wrong please officer?"
"parked illegally"

Showed drawn map of road junction with my car marked 40m (55 paces) along side road, from road junction, and showed him photo taken on the way to the police station of where my car was. Pointed out that I have parked in the same spot on almost every schoolday for over 4 years and there had been officers on duty there at least 150 times with no problem. Also pointed out that if I was illegally parked then every car parked on a road that is two lanes (one each way) is also illegally parked.

To which the officer said "no problem" shrugged his shoulders and signaled for me to leave ....... Fine 0B

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » December 8, 2017, 7:23 pm

Faraday wrote:
December 8, 2017, 1:05 pm
What do the speed cams look like ?
And where are they in Udon?

Got done over 10 years ago in the UK. Cam caught me twice in one day.

6 points & £110 fine.

Splendid!!
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.39903 ... 6656?hl=en

That crossing you can find old type fixed and new rotating cameras. I could say that ALL crossings with traffic lights and then some other places also. That means that those are everywhere.

I remember time, when those were introduced and they also said that cameras can be used to other purpose, like investigating crimes, accidents etc.

I know at least one time, when police made arrest based on those cameras.

Please, remember that in Thailand limit is ZERO, 0 OR NOTHING ABOVE. If limit is 60 km/h, you can get fine from 61 km/h. Luckily? so many exceed that limit and in practise about 10 km overspeed can be ok?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » December 8, 2017, 9:09 pm

:D Thank you Eagle & Parrot.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 8, 2017, 10:47 pm

I'm guessing the cameras use the same band of radar & laser as elsewhere in the world. I've got a camera detector thats saved my skin on numerous occasions. Does anyone use one in LOS & know if they are legal?
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2017, 11:26 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 8, 2017, 4:35 pm
Had a nice little ticket (duel language) attached to my windscreen wiper when I returned to my car on Wednesday in Udon. Traffic cop opposite Udon Christian Fellowship school did me for "parking in a manner that obstructs the traffic".

Asked him where the "No parking" signs were, and only answer was "go to police station to pay".

Funnily enough I had to get my extension done yesterday at immigration, so I wandered down to the cop shop and handed in my "ticket".
"B200 please"
"parked illegally"

Showed drawn map of road junction with my car marked 40m (55 paces) along side road, from road junction, and showed him photo taken on the way to the police station of where my car was. Pointed out that I have parked in the same spot on almost every schoolday for over 4 years and there had been officers on duty there at least 150 times with no problem. Also pointed out that if I was illegally parked then every car parked on a road that is two lanes (one each way) is also illegally parked.

To which the officer said "no problem" shrugged his shoulders and signaled for me to leave ....... Fine 0B
It's not a Pajero is it?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2017, 11:27 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
December 8, 2017, 10:47 pm
I'm guessing the cameras use the same band of radar & laser as elsewhere in the world. I've got a camera detector thats saved my skin on numerous occasions. Does anyone use one in LOS & know if they are legal?
I brought my Cobra all-band radar detector from the US but it didn't work very well on the Mitrapharb where the cops use BS band devices.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 9, 2017, 2:58 am

I’ve no idea what band(s) mine detects :shock:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » December 9, 2017, 7:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:
December 8, 2017, 4:35 pm

"B200 please"
"parked illegally"

Statt's when was this ? as I'm wondering have you taxed the vehicle since, if not you maybe in for a surprise ,as they may charge you double for unpaid fines ( and maybe more under the new rules ,if implimented ) they did this with me some years ago , if you didn't see him destroy both parts of the ticket, you could possibly get clobbered when you go to tax the vehicle , as did i ,

Return to “Travel & Transport”