Retirement extension - earliest permitted filing

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
86Tiger
udonmap.com

Re: Retirement extension - earliest permitted filing

Post by 86Tiger » December 11, 2017, 5:58 pm

The document I found in a post on thai visa forum. It is in my laptop, I’ll fire it up and try to post to this thread later.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » December 11, 2017, 7:35 pm

For whatever reason I can't seem to upload the form

If you pm me your email I will be glad to pass over via email

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 12, 2017, 8:27 am

tamada wrote:
December 9, 2017, 10:47 am
OK, my MFA certification worries have been laid to rest by good members (in another thread) who have recently filed retirement extensions and had no issues with just the original income letter.

I have my short list as follows:

Passport
TM7 form + passport picture.
Yellow book and/or ID card + 1 copy
Embassy Income letter + 1 copy
Copies of passport data page, extension transfer page and all subsequent extensions and all related re-entry permits.
Copy of current TM6.
1900 baht.

Since I am relocating back here, should I have Mrs tam complete a TM30 or do I submit TM28... or both? Do they have a hard-on for that sort of stuff here?

ta
tam
http://www.assistthaivisa.com/ wrote:TM30 is completed by the owner of the property, for example if you are renting a house from a Thai they have to report this to immigration. A TM28 is you reporting where you are staying, for example if you own a condo or your house and need to report yourself.
There is a thread on the subject of the TM30, AFIK udon immigration doesn't want them.

My advice is have them with you but do not offer them unless asked for them.

Giving the minimum is usually better, both for now and in the future.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2017, 8:59 am

86Tiger wrote:
December 11, 2017, 7:35 pm
For whatever reason I can't seem to upload the form

If you pm me your email I will be glad to pass over via email
PM sent.

ta
tam

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Dropped by just before 4 PM yesterday to see if I could file early but the 90-day guy again said 30 days. After I showed him my travel booking for early January, he still said I should come back after New Year. So I asked him to check if I had all the right paperwork and he was buggering about with the yellow book and said he would need to talk to his "boss". Luckily his boss said I could do it straight away but they did pull up my 'file' on their computer to confirm that my last extensions had been done in Chonburi (Jomtien). I only had to sign a blank TM30 (receipt stapled inside passport) and the disclaimer that I am aware of the overstay rules, pay the fee and out the door with a new extension after maybe 30 minutes. Only 1 other guy doing a marriage extension with his wife so they weren't too busy.

So, to recap, I gave them my passport with copies of data and all related previous extension and re-entry permit pages, copy of TM6, a TM7 with a photo, blank but signed TM30, blank but signed disclaimer, the yellow book + copies and the original income letter from the embassy.

The boss was busy doing the cash counting and said 2000 baht because the money was already counted for the bank and he couldn't make change. Although I did have exactly 1900 baht, I gave him 2k as I reckoned getting it done 35 days early instead of a rush job in January was worth 100 baht.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » December 27, 2017, 6:42 pm

Very glad it went easy for you.

But be advised there may be those coming along to critcize paying an extra 100. They hammered me on another forum for submitting to the extortion. It’s types like me that enable corruption don’t you know........

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 28, 2017, 2:23 pm

its all "at the discretion of the immigration officer." And, as you found they can be helpful... The wife and I renewed our retirement extensions 30 days out exactly on the 21st. No muss, no fuss, no tip asked for.. In at around 10AM, then out 45 minutes later.. Had to come back at 1:30PM to pick up the passports since the big Boss wasn't there in the morning to sign the packets.. When we walked back in, the lady who'd processed the packets saw us, got up and came to us, and brought us over to the 90 day fellow who already had our passports to do the new 90 day check-in... This was our 5th extension...
Dave

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 28, 2017, 2:52 pm

I always give them a couple of tins of short bread cookies for there tea break, something they all can enjoy, why the hell not...

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 29, 2017, 4:20 pm

If extending your retirement in Nong Khai, don't forget the photos of the family inside and outside the house, copies of the wife's ID card, blue book and NO pension affidavits accepted, bank deposits only. \:D/
Amazing Thailand.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2017, 9:55 pm

Giggle wrote:
December 29, 2017, 4:20 pm
If extending your retirement in Nong Khai, don't forget the photos of the family inside and outside the house, copies of the wife's ID card, blue book and NO pension affidavits accepted, bank deposits only. \:D/
Amazing Thailand.
Elbow-bending this afternoon and a chap told me that he had easily renewed his extension last month at NK Immigration using the embassy-issued income letter. They did ask to see the whatever paperwork the embassy sighted but otherwise, no issues.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » December 31, 2017, 12:10 am

I also completed another extension of stay (retirement) at Nong Khai using the British Embassy letter in September. As in previous years it was accepted without query, or reference to the source documents used to support the production of the letter.

I will however do another pre-visit in June to ascertain the current requirements. Just to be safe.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » December 31, 2017, 4:08 pm

Like everything else in Thai officialdom, it's a complete goat-rope.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”