New 600,000 baht house

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
maaka
udonmap.com

Re: New 600,000 baht house

Post by maaka » May 17, 2017, 7:30 am

Thanks Randall for your comments.
The new shade roof has improved the look altogether, and seen us use that side of the house more often now. The missus has even moved her concrete table and chairs that no one ever sits on, to the front steps area in the furlong hope that people with sit there...

yes we never gave much thought to shading during our build, indeed, the bedrooms are on the wrong side, the setting sun side, and I never thought concrete and aluminium and glass could get so hot, me coming from a colder country..so yes all you home builders out there need to consider it in your design..

as for the rain drainage..that near side off the house was jungle once, then rice /swamp land until we filled it with truck loads of dirt to house our septic system. Even then there was a pond due to water coming off the garage 2 roof. So end of last year and before the new shade roof, I shovelled and barrowed six truckloads of dirt, and spread it over that area in an attempt to direct the water away more from the house. I have sloped it slighty, and after yesterdays hell rain, it seems to be working ok..its a work in progress as the drunk sister tends to rope her cow and my wee bull so that they stomp huge holes in my newly laid and levelled and sloped dirt....thailand can be a frustrating place at times

MOLAP

Post by MOLAP » November 30, 2017, 9:05 am

An enjoyable read & lesson into getting things done in Thailand

joesixpac

Post by joesixpac » December 18, 2017, 5:31 am

great project. thanks for sharing. your SO got a lot of house the the baht. My wife and I are building a house for her mom this year and we are looking for a builder in the nong khai area. would you mind sharing the name of your builder? you can message me if you want. Thanks. Joe.

dang34

Post by dang34 » December 19, 2017, 9:46 am

Looks like a decent slab with good sub-slab prep. Must be masonry walls and not steel studs given the little footings for under room walls. Correct?

What are the longer diagonal bars up on the dobe blocks in the sand?

Looks like good work. Congrats to her!

Return to “House & Land”