Cheap learner car required

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Cheap learner car required

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2017, 4:27 pm

Anyone got any ideas where I can get hold of a very cheap 25 - 30k runabout for a friend to learn to drive in?

So long as it starts, goes forward and backwards (slowly) has steering that directs it and brakes that stop it, and isn't going to conk out too often miles from anywhere along the backroads I'm sure he would be interested. It really is just to learn in before being trusted with something a bit more valuable. If anyone has any "extended family" that has now got a nice new motor and has the old runaround still sitting in the garage I'd be grateful if you could make enquiries for me. Thanks

mac123
udonmap.com

Re: Cheap learner car required

Post by mac123 » December 26, 2017, 6:51 pm

25,000THB seems quite an expensive way to learn to drive. My missus learned via Udon Smart Drive. From memory she had 6 lessons before taking her test. Cost around 5,000THB. I also put her through another 6 lessons after she passed her test. Try Udon Smart Drive - I thought they were good.

Being honest, I have never seen a second hand car priced at 25,000THB, so maybe the driving school is a more viable route for your friend to learn.

Good luck to the lady concerned, hope she passes her test.

Cheers

Scottie

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 27, 2017, 7:35 am

Probably a bit off topic, I don't know of a car at that price:-

BUT: Everyone has different ideas. I feel a "learner car" is a great idea, there is more to driving than a dozen lessons. I bought TW and her 19 yo (at the time), a reasonable good Toyota Vios at the auctions, 145,000 Baht. The deal was it had to last 2 years straight without a prang before I'd upgrade. TW had 2 minor accidents in the 1st year. True to my promise, 3 years down the track, TW is in her new Honda City and the Daughter is still driving the 'learner car' = Both competent, experienced drivers now for the cost of a few more Baht.
Last edited by Bandung_Dero on December 27, 2017, 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 27, 2017, 7:36 am

EDIT: Double Post
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”