HP computer warranty

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
glalt
udonmap.com

HP computer warranty

Post by glalt » January 5, 2018, 7:12 pm

Just before Christmas, an HP computer purchased from Lazada gave me an on screen warning that a hard drive failure was imminent. The computer is 1 1/2 years old with a 3 year warranty. The drive is a WD 1 TB. I first contacted WD with the serial number and they informed informed me that HD was sold to HP and HP would honor the warranty. I then contacted HP and gave them the fault number code and information. I told HP that I would send the defective HD to them and they could simply replace it. They informed me that I may have voided the warranty by removing the hard drive. They later checked the fault code and told me an engineer would call me and tell me when he would come to my house. No phone call yet. Does it sound like they are attempting to weasel out of the warranty? Replacing the defective HD with a new one would certainly be cheaper than sending a serviceman to the house. So far I am not impressed with HP.

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: HP computer warranty

Post by wazza » January 6, 2018, 1:05 am

They were aware of your address surely, so hunt then down in Udon, I suggest.

Im sure one of the notebook sellers in Landmark or Central would help out with the local address for HP ???

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 6, 2018, 1:08 am

ok forget the trip to Landmark or Central

HP Web site Thailand

BD Computer Co., Ltd
ADDRESS: 121/11 ต.ศรีชำเชิญ อ.เมือง อุดรธานี 41000
121/11 Srechamcheun, Maung Udornthani 41000
PHONE: 0-4232-9130
OPEN HOURS: every day 8.30 - 18.00

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » January 6, 2018, 9:27 am

My experience at BD Computer was not good,purchased an HP Computer from them returned under warranty but they could not fix it and wanted to send to HP in Bangkok,they said it would take a month.Got it fixed in town for 150 baht.
Unless HP are sending engineer to your house,i would just replace the hard drive yourself and save all the hassle.
Just my opinion.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 7, 2018, 10:44 am

I was told that the HP engineer would call me to make an appointment. No phone call yet. I communicated via several emails with them. The last two emails I sent bounced and the message was that address is not attended. It gave no other address to use. Such a simple thing turns into a hassle.

I also have a Dell desktop. The Dell mouse quit working which is no big deal but I notified Dell. Three days later a new mouse was delivered to my house with a request that I give the defective mouse to the deliveryman. That's what a warranty is supposed to be like.

ADDED - I have decided to give it a few more day then they can stick their useless warranty where the sun doesn't shine. I'll certainly remember this when I buy another computer. It WON'T be an HP.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » January 7, 2018, 11:43 pm

The HP Service Center is on Thanon Tahan. I went there a few months ago to have my laptop repaired. According to the receptionist she had to call Bangkok to verify if my warranty was still valid and would call me back as soon as she had their OK. Up to now she still hasn't called.
But actually I wasn't prepared to wait for her call either. After having talked to her I decided to take the laptop to Advice in Soi Wattana because I needed it urgently. I got it back repaired that very afternoon.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » January 8, 2018, 11:47 am

Lucky you found advice co useless, Dr Computer much better.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 13, 2018, 8:52 am

I couldn't find a direct email address for HP so I went through the hassle of using the chat again. I told them that I thought their service was very slow with poor communication. They used the excuse that they had to order parts. (BS). Now they have the parts and an engineer will be at my house Monday. We'll see.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 17, 2018, 2:25 pm

glalt wrote:
January 13, 2018, 8:52 am
I couldn't find a direct email address for HP so I went through the hassle of using the chat again. I told them that I thought their service was very slow with poor communication. They used the excuse that they had to order parts. (BS). Now they have the parts and an engineer will be at my house Monday. We'll see.
The engineer did show up Monday. He fired up the computer, saw the hard drive failed message and laughed. He immediately took a number of pictures with his cell phone and filled out some forms. He them replaced the hard drive started the computer and took some more pictures. The new hard drive checked out OK. He packed up the old hard drive and left.

It still looks silly for an engineer to drive up here from Khon Kaen to replace a cheap hard drive after I offered to send it to them and was told that would void my warranty.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 15, 2018, 11:23 am

Apparently BD Computer is no longer the HP Service Center. I was there with a new HP laptop from HP/Lazada that may or may not have ransom ware virus, went to log in on a hotel wifi and my password and hint had been changed, "to reset put in USB", I shut it down. And may have a cracked copy Win 10 according to the shop that helped me set it up. I hate win 10. I asked if BD is HP Service Center, the duded tried to sent me somewhere off and gone on the Khon Kaen Hwy.

Does anybody know where there is a HP Service Center here?

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 15, 2018, 3:05 pm

OK, with help of wife I found it. Across from the university, next to Top Market on what we call soldier road. I'll have to get wife to translate name, but phone #0991977405, could be 090. Small shop, hard to see, young lady there speaks English. They are working on my laptop and hope to have done by tomorrow AM.

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » May 16, 2018, 3:31 am

I also av a HP desk top, n I av found their "so called" warranty to be crap..Had to go back several times in 1 year n when came to replace the main problem I had to pay....
I will never buy HP again...

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”