Returning money

General Udon Thani topics only!
Chuchi
udonmap.com

Returning money

Post by Chuchi » January 11, 2018, 8:31 am

Can anybody share their experiences of returning money back to the U.K. .From their Thai bank account into a U.K. Account.

thoongfoned

Re: Returning money

Post by thoongfoned » January 11, 2018, 12:46 pm

kasikorn bank, some will send some say cant..... just tried different branches ect... sent money back now over the years many times, max sent around 1m baht back to uk in one hit, no problems, said money was being sent back for "family expence" i think it says on the form,2 or 3 days to hit the uk account. the bank has never let me send back baht, i always have to buy pounds from them at their exchange rate, but have bought/sent dollas for different non dollar countries and they have then convered them at said bank abroad, buying rate is always expensive... but at the mo not to bad.... i think the fee is about 1000 baht to send....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 11, 2018, 5:47 pm

As nobody has answered your question yet, I'll mention that I've heard that the amount you can take back out of Thailand is very limited. Not sure of exact amounts, but the guy that told me (a few years ago admittedly) said it wasn't worth the effort and he left the money in an account here to pay for future holidays etc. Perhaps if someone has more up to date or first hand experience they would be kind enough to share it.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 11, 2018, 6:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 11, 2018, 5:47 pm
As nobody has answered your question yet, I'll mention that I've heard that the amount you can take back out of Thailand is very limited. Not sure of exact amounts, but the guy that told me (a few years ago admittedly) said it wasn't worth the effort and he left the money in an account here to pay for future holidays etc. Perhaps if someone has more up to date or first hand experience they would be kind enough to share it.
To be honest stats I wasn't expecting to be inundated with responses considering the majority of us are walking atms that are programmed to dispense only :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 11, 2018, 6:09 pm

I've ATM'd money out of my Bangkok Bank and SCB bank while in the US......more to see if it could be done than having an actual need. It can be done.
But there are other ways to do so http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/ ... iland.aspx
I'd guess other banks allow the same thing. From what I read on BB's website, you can set up to transfer money via internet banking as well.

Big boss
udonmap.com

Post by Big boss » January 11, 2018, 6:39 pm

Thinking about it I myself used my SCB ATM card
Back here in U.K only last year just inform bank you
Want to use in in U.K. I never had any problems....
One more question how much you thinking of sending
Back because I always bring pounds with me ...
Seems daft if I have money here and you want to send back U.K.
I can leave my email or line Id if you want
To talk about this more private .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 11, 2018, 8:35 pm

Bangkok Bank states its for salary repatriation and you need to show your Work Permit etc and also your salary advice. For Foreigners .

Best way for me, would be to buy up as much of AUD in cash in Thailand and then hand carry it to Oz keeping under the $10,000 AUD import allowance.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 11, 2018, 9:08 pm

here's what Kasikorn Bank says on "Outward" transfers.. https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/persona ... tward.aspx
Dave

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 11, 2018, 9:19 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 11, 2018, 9:08 pm
here's what Kasikorn Bank says on "Outward" transfers.. https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/persona ... tward.aspx
Cheers to everybody,I'm with kasikorn and this information looks helpful,other than that it looks like it would have to be withdraw and carry it through customs as has been suggested.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 11, 2018, 9:22 pm

Kasikorn easier, as it does allow Foreigners to transfer funds, but you need to show the inwards deposit.

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » January 12, 2018, 7:39 pm

IF ITS ANY HELP WAZZA , TWO YEASRS AGO I TOOK 20,000 US $ TO AU IN CASH , DECLARED IT AT THAI CUSTOMS AND AT AU. CUSTOMS. NEVER A QUESTION FROM ANY ONE
ALSO RECENTLY BROUGHT IN $ 40,000 au, DECLARED IT OUT OF CUSTOMS IN AU AND INTO CUSTOMS AT THAILAND. JUST FILLED IN NAME AND ADDRESS AND NO QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS. THATS MY EXPERIENCE. I SUPPOSE IF THEY WERE SUSSPICIOUSTHEY MAY HAVE CHECKED . BUT ALL ABOVE BOARD

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 12, 2018, 7:47 pm

Jackson, cheers

You came under the Foreign Transaction Limit of $50 K

BTW you saved a shed load in FX rates !! nice to see

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”