Drivers Licence

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
JMT42
udonmap.com

Drivers Licence

Post by JMT42 » January 12, 2018, 9:16 am

I can't remember when I renewed my last licence , before it ran out or after? Anybody know the rules?

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Drivers Licence

Post by wazza » January 12, 2018, 2:57 pm

Take your licence into the Office and ask them to confirm etc

Take your Passport / yellow book if you have , they might do it on the spot for you, ( if lucky )

degilbo
udonmap.com

Post by degilbo » January 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Wife renewed her 5yr licenses at AEK today. Mine in due in June and I asked how early can I do.

Answer I was given was that it can be renewed 90 days before expiry.

Also if renewing a 5 yr license a Medical Certificate is no longer a requirement.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 12, 2018, 3:32 pm

JMT42 wrote:
January 12, 2018, 9:16 am
I can't remember when I renewed my last licence , before it ran out or after? Anybody know the rules?
'
My Thai son just renewed his motor cycle license which was three months out of date, no problems at all.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

you need to renew your expired dl within a year , when later must do full test again ;)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 12, 2018, 6:45 pm

I renewed both car and bike license 30th October last year 3 months overdue. I was away working and missed it.

Provided double copies of Thai Id, passport, yellow book and a medical cert from the adjacent upstairs AED hospital clinic. I don't have a visa to show. Nothing else to do and all good. Went from my 2nd 2 year license and she gave me a 5 year license for both, I didn't ask for the 5 years she just gave it, Actually got 5 years and 3 months as she lined it up with my 30 Dec b'day. As told as Kopkei she said up to 1 year over due Ok.
I have never had to sit in the classroom for any tests.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 12, 2018, 7:12 pm

Barney wrote:
January 12, 2018, 6:45 pm
I renewed both car and bike license 30th October last year 3 months overdue. I was away working and missed it.

Provided double copies of Thai Id, passport, yellow book and a medical cert from the adjacent upstairs AED hospital clinic. I don't have a visa to show. Nothing else to do and all good. Went from my 2nd 2 year license and she gave me a 5 year license for both, I didn't ask for the 5 years she just gave it, Actually got 5 years and 3 months as she lined it up with my 30 Dec b'day. As told as Kopkei she said up to 1 year over due Ok.
Not even the "can you stay awake for 50 mins of total boredom" test?

would recommend practicing by trying to watch a Thai soap opera or two before attempting the driving lessons video :lol:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 12, 2018, 8:10 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 12, 2018, 7:12 pm
Barney wrote:
January 12, 2018, 6:45 pm

Not even the "can you stay awake for 50 mins of total boredom" test?

would recommend practicing by trying to watch a Thai soap opera or two before attempting the driving lessons video :lol:
I've never had to go through the pain of any test or instruction movie in Udon. But have endured the Thai soaps at times. :D :D :D

Return to “Travel & Transport”