Interesting BIB fail. :)

General Udon Thani topics only!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 24, 2018, 12:39 pm

Very rarely EVER get pulled over at check points on the Harley. When I do, it's only to ask how many cc, how much I paid for it and to practice their English.

It was different at a check point on the ring road recently. They motioned me to the side with a few scooters. Bike is always fully insured, fully legal, up to date with all taxes and licenses. So I did what I always do. Pulled out the DL and waited on the bike for someone to come look and to be on my way.

They motioned for me to get off. Told me my brake lights were illegal. I asked, "Not on?" I had checked them 5 minutes before at the house -- as I always do before a ride. I knew they were working fine. They told me that the strobing of the brake lights when I brake is illegal. 55555

I've been through checkpoints all over the Kingdom -- BKK, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Koh Samui, Pattaya, Surin, Mukdahan, Kanchanaburi, Khorat, Buriram, Kalasin -- you get the idea. Not one time ever cited for anything.

I took out my phone, called my contact, handed the phone to the potential baht extractor. He handed the phone back to me with my DL. I did my respectful wai, shook his hand and back on the road.

That strobing feature is only activated when slowing and braking. It is designed to get the attention of those behind when stopping. They are not party time lights or decoration. So these gentlemen were going to fine me 400 baht for a lighting feature that is designed to increase safety by being better seen by those behind when braking. I guess they needed something to target. 555

If you have that strobing braking feature on your car or truck, they may try to pull the same crap on you.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

christian_2013
udonmap.com

Re: Interesting BIB fail. :)

Post by christian_2013 » February 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Thanks for not playing the game Lone Star, if you had coward and paid the 400 baht it would encourage him and his work colleagues further to pull over expats as an easy target, not that 400 baht would break the bank but that's not the point.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2018, 4:20 pm

so, what do the Land Transport regs say about strobing brake lights?
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2018, 5:04 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 24, 2018, 4:20 pm
Probably nothing FrazeeDK, in much the same way that they say nothing about parking in a lay by and using strobing lights to attract passers by to what you are selling.
One would have thought that, as the medical profession has now forced TV channels to give warnings about strobe lights and even excessive flash photography because of the danger of causing fits to those watching, it would be a matter of common sense to keep them as far away from the roads as possible, as the last thing anyone wants is a driver having a fit whilst driving a car/bike :-$

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2018, 7:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 24, 2018, 5:04 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
Probably nothing FrazeeDK, in much the same way that they say nothing about parking in a lay by and using strobing lights to attract passers by to what you are selling.
One would have thought that, as the medical profession has now forced TV channels to give warnings about strobe lights and even excessive flash photography because of the danger of causing fits to those watching, it would be a matter of common sense to keep them as far away from the roads as possible, as the last thing anyone wants is a driver having a fit whilst driving a car/bike :-$
Common sense is sadly lacking with many Thais , and unfortunately with many farang also.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 24, 2018, 10:37 pm

skinner wrote:
February 24, 2018, 7:29 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
February 24, 2018, 5:04 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
Common sense is sadly lacking with many Thais , and unfortunately with many farang also.
good point , I would guess causing an epileptic fit in the driver behind you could have serious consequences for yourself mainly.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Interesting HD rider fail. :(

Post by tamada » February 25, 2018, 7:10 am

These strobing stop lights are a total pain in the ass. The LED's used are cheap and invariably a white LED mounted behind the OEM red lens which makes them hard to detect in bright daylight. After market bling, made in China and bought by children. Should be banned along with the munters that install them believing that a strobing brake light somehow get's the other children's attention better.
red_led_lens.jpg
Red LED behind red lens ALWAYS

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 25, 2018, 9:32 am

tamada wrote:
February 25, 2018, 7:10 am
These strobing stop lights are a total pain in the ass. The LED's used are cheap and invariably a white LED mounted behind the OEM red lens which makes them hard to detect in bright daylight. After market bling, made in China and bought by children. Should be banned along with the munters that install them believing that a strobing brake light somehow get's the other children's attention better.

If that was the junk trash that I put on my bike, you'd be correct; but as usual, when you and others start trolling and stalking and delving into what you don't know, it translates to ignorant LOSER.

Custom Dynamics. Go read up.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 25, 2018, 9:47 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 24, 2018, 12:39 pm
.....I took out my phone, called my contact, handed the phone to the potential baht extractor. He handed the phone back to me with my DL........
Great! Having the Head of Traffic Police as a pal. ??????? \:D/ :lol:
Unfortunately, we've seen on this forum where it's worked against a completely innocent 'guest' involved in a car accident.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2018, 10:21 am

technically a flashing rear light is a faulty rear light . you see them quite regularly on the childish thai scooters, noisy exhausts ,skinny bald tyres racing to the next accident. quite honestly when I see these things on bikes it reminds me of carlos fandango and the stupid crap people did to their cars in the 70's, musical horns, flame paintwork and bunny ears on your helmet, tassels on your handle bars , cheesy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 25, 2018, 10:23 am

Carlos Fandangos lol, I remember that advert

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2018, 10:25 am

skinner wrote:
February 25, 2018, 10:23 am
Carlos Fandangos lol, I remember that advert
yeh probably fun if your 13 years old :lol:

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 25, 2018, 10:27 am

Wasn't it an advert for panatellas ? or Hamlet cigars ?

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 25, 2018, 10:57 am

Just looked it up . it was Panama cigars, the only cigar with six appeal

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 25, 2018, 11:43 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 25, 2018, 9:32 am
tamada wrote:
February 25, 2018, 7:10 am

If that was the junk trash that I put on my bike, you'd be correct; but as usual, when you and others start trolling and stalking and delving into what you don't know, it translates to ignorant LOSER.

Custom Dynamics. Go read up.
Stalking? Don't kid yourself Lone Star. You leave yourself wide open to ridicule with every post you make, regardless of what the subject matter is. Go back to your pet threads... nobody gives a flying frig if you have a 'phone a friend' either. You've been called on being a bit of a dick head (again).

You have installed cheap Chinese-made lights on your hog and shatter your frail credibility bubble suggesting that they have some high technology, well-researched and widely acknowledged early-warning of braking benefits. I guess that's why 9 out of 10 speeding Thai minivans have them as well.

They ARE party lights, are not legal and mostly get a free pass by the cops in Thailand for reasons unrelated to your perceived status in the community. If they're that good, have you seen any in Texas?

https://www.dps.texas.gov Go read up.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 25, 2018, 11:56 am

tamada wrote:
February 25, 2018, 11:43 am

Stalking?
Stalking.
Don't kid yourself Lone Star. You leave yourself wide open to ridicule with every post you make, regardless of what the subject matter is.
Yes, so you do look for "openings". 55555 I've said as much to the rest of the gaggle. That's stalking. If my informational, unassuming and and polite posts are that intimidating to all of you Keyboard Kommandos, you all must have some serious self-esteem issues. Doesn't bother me. You all look so childish. 555

PS - We're not in Texas, and each state has their own traffic laws. Legal some places, other places not.

If I was complaining about something being legal in the US and not legal here, I guess that would be another "opening" for you. 55555 Your childishness is pathetic.

Have a good day. :)

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

it's commandos, not being a grammar Nazi or trying to make you out to be a 3rd grader ...just saying

I will dress my bike however I like, your all being childish :lol:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 25, 2018, 2:40 pm

How to Deal with Keyboard Kommandos and Trolls...

"kommandos": common name for Internet warriors -- not just in this video, but pretty common in Google searches. I was aware of this for a long time.

The video explains their characteristics, tactics and methods. I think he's probably correct in his assessment, although some on here would likely call him "arrogant".

Some folks work so hard at stalking and trolling that they end up being wrong often. :)

Oh well, hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Watch out for those check points. When the weather is good, they're out everywhere.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » February 25, 2018, 2:45 pm

Keep trying everyone, then we'll be just like Thai Visa
:shock:

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » February 25, 2018, 3:40 pm

Yes Lone Star.Good weather and coming to the end of the month=lots of activity.Very busy in action this afternoon on Wattananuwong Road near Base condo.
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”