Yet another school shooting in the US

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Yet another school shooting in the US

Post by Lone Star » February 24, 2018, 12:41 pm

Some more facts to ignore.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 24, 2018, 12:56 pm

More to ignore.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2018, 2:05 pm

Why would anybody listen to FUNDAMENTALIST NUT JOBS putting their spin on the subject ??

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 24, 2018, 2:54 pm

skinner wrote:
February 24, 2018, 2:05 pm
Why would anybody listen to FUNDAMENTALIST NUT JOBS putting their spin on the subject ??
The same question could be asked of those in this thread who ignore facts.

Like I said. More for folks like you to ignore. Have a good one.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2018, 3:05 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 24, 2018, 2:54 pm
skinner wrote:

People like me ? people who think the ability to own assault rifles is stupid ? People who think arming teachers is stupid ? People who realise guns are designed to kill ? people who think mass shootings would reduce if there were less guns ? people who realise good guys with guns do not stop bad guys with guns ? people who believe in a womans right to choose ? people who DO NOT believe god created the earth ?

I.E. NORMAL PEOPLE.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 24, 2018, 4:22 pm

skinner wrote:
February 24, 2018, 3:05 pm
Lone Star wrote:
skinner wrote:

People like me ? people who think the ability to own assault rifles is stupid ? People who think arming teachers is stupid ? People who realise guns are designed to kill ? people who think mass shootings would reduce if there were less guns ? people who realise good guys with guns do not stop bad guys with guns ? people who believe in a womans right to choose ? people who DO NOT believe god created the earth ?

I.E. NORMAL PEOPLE.
You're entitled to all of those opinions. And that's exactly what they are -- your opinions.

Where you and I are different is that I am consistent in my support of the US Constitution and the rights of citizens. You are selective in that regard. I am consistent in valuing life. You are selective in that regard. The very idea that because I don't agree with gun confiscation somehow means that I don't care about life is preposterous.

Every single government authority failed in Parkland (local, state and federal), and now the anti-gun crowd expects law-abiding Americans to forfeit their right to defend themselves and others when the government failed to protect them. Those are the facts. FAILURE TO ACT caused Parkland. Not only will Americans NOT give up their 2nd Amendment Rights, but not even the LIBs -- with their anti-gun agenda -- have the balls to try to initiat an amendment in that regard.

You folks discuss among yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2018, 4:50 pm

The day that someone invents a "gun" that sucks a bullet from its intended target and deflects it to safety will be the ONLY time that a gun can possibly be considered as a medium to DEFEND yourself ........ until that time they have only one objective to ATTACK by firing a projectile at someone or something ....... so PLEASE stop this total boll*x about using a gun to defend yourself [-X

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 24, 2018, 6:52 pm

stattointhailand, do you know what you said makes no sense?
" a "gun" that sucks a bullet from its intended target and deflects it to safety will be the ONLY time that a gun can possibly be considered as a medium to DEFEND yourself ".
WOW, what happened? Sip your coffee through a straw too fast?
Lets back up , like a few 1,000 years......
We are only here today because of those people who had rocks to throw, then, spears, bows and arrows, catapults, cannons, gun powders, guns, .....
Next time you fly, you better hope you are next to me, because I will save your brainwashed butt from attackers, when I pull out my "lethal" chop sticks. (through the eye) Sorry, graphics may offend liberals......
Joking, I'm not sorry.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2018, 7:32 pm

NORMAL Americans finding a way to fight back against the Nutters. ..http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43173753

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » February 24, 2018, 8:14 pm

Teachers with guns is a sad state of affairs if it comes to that !

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 24, 2018, 8:40 pm

They have enough to deal with.
Arm and teachers.jpg

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 24, 2018, 9:02 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 24, 2018, 12:41 pm

Some more facts to ignore.
NRA Chief’s Bogus Background Check Claims:
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/nra-c ... ck-claims/

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 24, 2018, 9:23 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 24, 2018, 12:56 pm

More to ignore.
Dana Loesch’s litany of NRA lies continues with CPAC speech
https://www.salon.com/2018/02/23/dana-l ... ac-speech/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 24, 2018, 9:29 pm

Sport wrote:
February 22, 2018, 4:15 pm
Good question.....why.
I kill animals.

1. Rabbits in Oz, a real menace for agriculture and the environment, introduced by the English.
2. Foxes in Oz, another menace on sheep, native wildlife, and introduced by the English for fox hunting.
3. Feral pigs, another menace on the sheep and environment.
4. Kangaroos for dog meat or a licensed cull.
5. I like guns, great craftsmanship in their workings and history.

I need guns to do the above jobs in Oz, bows and arrows, spears and boomerangs don't do much.
Thanks Sport. I used a compound bow for pig hunting in Qld. Defo hit n' miss but the crossbow was quite good.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 24, 2018, 10:28 pm

tamada wrote:
February 24, 2018, 9:29 pm
Sport wrote:
Good question.....why.
I kill animals.

1. Rabbits in Oz, a real menace for agriculture and the environment, introduced by the English.
2. Foxes in Oz, another menace on sheep, native wildlife, and introduced by the English for fox hunting.

I need guns to do the above jobs in Oz, bows and arrows, spears and boomerangs don't do much.
Thanks Sport. I used a compound bow for pig hunting in Qld. Defo hit n' miss but the crossbow was quite good.
hunting is a different debate, but guns are great for hunting people for sure , it would be hard to kill 17 with a compound bow though, or a knife in just a few minutes . guns were invented to kill humans, but later on after we produced enough for them to become common we decided to use them to hunt... not the other way around
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2018, 11:21 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 24, 2018, 4:22 pm
skinner wrote:
February 24, 2018, 3:05 pm
Lone Star wrote:
skinner wrote:

I.E. NORMAL PEOPLE.
You're entitled to all of those opinions. And that's exactly what they are -- your opinions.

Where you and I are different is that I am consistent in my support of the US Constitution and the rights of citizens. You are selective in that regard. I am consistent in valuing life. You are selective in that regard. The very idea that because I don't agree with gun confiscation somehow means that I don't care about life is preposterous.

Every single government authority failed in Parkland (local, state and federal), and now the anti-gun crowd expects law-abiding Americans to forfeit their right to defend themselves and others when the government failed to protect them. Those are the facts. FAILURE TO ACT caused Parkland. Not only will Americans NOT give up their 2nd Amendment Rights, but not even the LIBs -- with their anti-gun agenda -- have the balls to try to initiat an amendment in that regard.

You folks discuss among yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You say you are consistent in valuing life . Do you oppose the death penalty ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 25, 2018, 7:44 am

papafarang wrote:
February 24, 2018, 10:28 pm
tamada wrote:
February 24, 2018, 9:29 pm
Sport wrote:
Good question.....why.
I kill animals.

hunting is a different debate, but guns are great for hunting people for sure , it would be hard to kill 17 with a compound bow though, or a knife in just a few minutes . guns were invented to kill humans, but later on after we produced enough for them to become common we decided to use them to hunt... not the other way around
Ohhhhhh nooooooo!!!!! You mentioned knife crime.

Now we will have the "AK47 in every home" protagonists chiming in about how, just like Obama-era. Libtard Chicago has the worst gun crime statistics in the planet, the Muslim-mayored London has the worst knife crime rate in the universe. All because we gave away our freedoms, don't have guns and other such dogshite.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2018, 8:41 am

turned quite nasty in the uk , the latest craze is throwing acid. plenty of knife crime about, but as I say, hard to do mass killings at a school with a knife
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 25, 2018, 10:01 am

christian_2013 wrote:
February 25, 2018, 9:39 am

Fanaticism occurs when someone is unwilling or unable to accept a differing point of view.

Fanaticism come from the Latin word fanaticus, a word with a meaning that includes the word mad — in both senses. If you're mad, you might be angry — or you might be insane. Fanaticism involves both kinds of madness.

Anger at those who disagree with you, taken so far that there's a desire to stop or even harm the dissenters?
That's madness — and also fanaticism.

Zealotry is when someone takes a religious, cultural, or political belief too far, refusing to tolerate other perspectives or conflicting beliefs. People say that zealotry springs not out of faith but doubt. Makes sense.

Zealotry is believing so strongly in something that you are completely intolerant of different beliefs or opinions.

A government's zealotry might lead it to outlaw free speech and arrest journalists.

Zealotry comes from the noun zealot, or "fanatic," which is rooted in the Greek zelotes, "a zealous follower," ultimately from the Greek zelos, "zeal, ardor, or jealousy."
To those who deny US law, reject facts summarily without even reading or watching sources, engage in personal attacks and name-calling -- this post by christian_2013 is a great description of a lot of what has taken place here.

There's no question that Parkland and other school shootings are tragedies, but as in the case of so many other of the mass shootings, the failures lie at the feet of local, state and federal government authorities who are charged with protecting citizens. These failures point exactly to what I stated earlier -- the government can't respond quickly enough in a free society where evildoers slip through the cracks. Yes, good men with guns stop bad men with guns. Mass shooting at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas was stopped by a dues-paying member of the NRA with an AR-15 that he kept in his truck.

I understand perfectly why those who have lived in societies without firearms believe what they do, and I have said so more than once in this thread; but they don't control US politics, the American society or the US Constitution. You are all entitled to your opinions, but I will wager that there will be no repeal of the 2nd Amendment. The Democrats, who use the bodies of dead innocent victims to create their narratives, don't even have the balls to begin the constitutional process of repeal. Moreover, citizens don't have to wait for Congress to initiate a repeal. A Convention of States can be called to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but it won't happen either because citizens won't give up their guns. As I have said so many times, if Americans wanted to give up their guns, a repeal would be easy. Over 20 Amendments to the Constitution prove that amendments happen when the People want it.

You can post all the memes, all the hate-America and hate-guns stuff you want, and repeat all the LIB foolishness from the anti-gun media until the cows come home. Not much will happen in the way of new legislation, but I will bet that there will be teachers who voluntarily arm themselves before anything else even begins -- and THAT is already starting. It's time for schools to have the same security that Hollywood, politicians, the elite and celebrities enjoy.

Carry on with your jokes. Have a good one. :)

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 25, 2018, 10:14 am

Lone star , you say you value all life. Do you oppose the death penalty ????

Return to “Open Forum”