UK Tourist Visa for Thai National

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

UK Tourist Visa for Thai National

Post by Saminthailand » March 5, 2018, 1:23 pm

We are in the process of applying for a visa for a Thai National to visit UK on a Standard Tourist visa.

Having filled the form in on the GOV.UK site it says the applicant should supply passport with free pages etc.

This is the only documentation they ask for ?!?!?!?!??????

I have read that there is a lot of paperwork required to be taken to the Trendy Building in Bangkok.

Can some of you advise on exactly what is required and what needs translating etc PLEASE.

Sponsor is paying ALL expenses for the trip even spending money.

Thanks

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: UK Tourist Visa for Thai National

Post by dunroaming » March 5, 2018, 8:15 pm

Having ran this gauntlet many times its What's not asked for that usually causes the problems. I.e proof of relationship backed up with sponsors passport pages to confirm actually met before. Reason to return to Thailand after visit such as job family proof of residence here house book car book etc , children left behind make excellent reasons to return too

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » March 6, 2018, 2:13 am

Agree with dunroaming. Two biggest things for a UK tourist visa are being able to fund the trip and reasons for returning to Thailand after.

I've successfully obtained several tourist visas for my wife years ago and for a step daughter not so long ago however my wife has always used the checking services of Prachum Wittaya School purely for peace of mind. You can't send too much in terms of supporting evidence including photos, leave them in no doubt you're genuine and the applicant will return and you'll be fine.

mary bred
udonmap.com

Post by mary bred » March 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Hi Sam,
i have gone through this issue every year for the last 4, mainly due to not having time to do the spouse visa [which is now going through and a whole different story].
Basically you have to provide as much info as possible. ie. your bank statements, proof of address if you own the property or tenancy agreement if rent,income [wage slips] or accounts if self employed. Proof of any assets she owns in Thailand like land, house, car etc and bank statements. You have to send copies of your passport stamps and any other evidence such as phone records and more importanly financial transactions you have sent to her.
Basically the more info the better. i have been married and spent half and half for the last 9 yrs, and it is only going to get worse.
Don't be too shocked at the list if you don't have some of the things i have mentioned but do provide as much as possible- more is better.

No doubt people on the forum will have different opinions on this and i will not be drawn into what others say!
Truth is i have had to do this each year for the last 4 and the guy who sorts/advises me used to work for the Home Office in Bkk and was introduced to be by SB Steve [Bless].
Good luck

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 6, 2018, 9:23 am

Just out of interest how does a Thai couple (Thai national husband and wife) go about obtaining tourist visa's to visit the UK? meaning a couple with no ties to the UK or Brit person involvement.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » March 6, 2018, 12:12 pm

My missus is in BKK as i type this for her appointment at the Trendy buildings. She's been several times, and each time is a different criteria. Last time was 2015. Moved the goal posts again. Different forms on line to 3 years ago. Just had a phone call an hour ago saying the thieves in BKK now recquire English translations (at 300 baht per item - conveniently done on site) of the marriage certificate, Thai ID, land papers etc etc. This was NOT neccessary 3 years ago, and apparently not recquired 6 months ago! 6 months ago, all Thai copies were fine! This is not mentioned on the VFS website.
Reason being - the outsourcing of visas to VFS in BKK, decision making by VFS BKK is now done in VFS Delhi, India!! I kid you not, and staff in Delhi obviously don't/can't read Thai! FFS!
God help GB - sometimes i hate my own country and the men in suits who run it!!!!

dianecad
udonmap.com

Post by dianecad » March 6, 2018, 2:04 pm

well then i,m at a loss, had nine six months visas or i should say my wife has, since 2009. last one was 2016.i have not check yet as i,m about to go online and start the process all over again, but its been the same old information again wanted, photo copies passports thats both mine aswell bank statements both thailand as well as my last three months uk bank statements.her father mothers D.O.B. AND NAMES.we dont send any more photo,s of the both us as they said to wife few years ago don,t need,as we have been married 2009. maybe they have only just relized or checked information.all done online then print off make appointment day time you would like,then having gone through all this, WOULD YOU BELIVE IT YES YOU WOULD. BOOK A RETURN FLIGHT TO B/KOK AND BACK TO UDONTHANI,ALL AT YOUR EXPENSE AND TAKE ALL THE ****** PAPER WORK THERE.and they check it all again.what a shambles.all this ---- just to take your wife of nine years back to uk.i was thinking of flying to france putting my wife in a rowing boat and if she makes it to the shores of dover she can shout out political asylum.then she will have every thing she,s hoped for.****** joke.sorry about that got carried away abit.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2018, 2:45 pm

God help GB - sometimes i hate my own country and the men in suits who run it!!!!

We All know the reason for THIS Move,Because it's FAR Cheaper,Thus The U.K Government makes even MORE Money of US ( U.K Nationals )....Mind You they too,to fund ALL the Bloody Immigrants getting BENEFITS !!!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 6, 2018, 3:31 pm

Mrs N has decided we ought to get FIL to the UK for a little holiday. Thats going to be an interesting (costly :shock: ) application
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Post by Saminthailand » March 6, 2018, 3:36 pm

dunroaming wrote:
March 5, 2018, 8:15 pm
Having ran this gauntlet many times its What's not asked for that usually causes the problems. I.e proof of relationship backed up with sponsors passport pages to confirm actually met before. Reason to return to Thailand after visit such as job family proof of residence here house book car book etc , children left behind make excellent reasons to return too
The lady in question is 40 divorced, has 3 children under 16 Owns a 4 bedroom house (No Debt) Owns 8 rai of farm land and 2 rai of building land all with no debt and the Chanotes in her name. She has no personal debt other than for the purchase of her car, all payments are made and account is up to date.

She does not have a 'Job' but looks after her sisters children while they work payment is in food, clothes etc, she has a couple of cash in hand part time jobs, and rents me a room in her house. I have lived at her address for almost a year now and my driving licence from this address. I have many photos of us taken on day trips with the children and also just of us, is it worth including them to show a relationship of sorts? I plan on retiring in Thailand in September and staying with her and her children for the foreseeable future.

Her female friend in England wants to Sponsor her and pay for her flights all accommodation and spending money. Also paying for childcare and stand in for sisters children care while she is away. Sponsor is willing to supply any documentation required.

Is it best just to get everything translated for her and do I send originals (Chanotes, blue book, etc) she is not very keen on the idea of parting with the originals.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » March 7, 2018, 11:14 am

Saminthailand wrote:
March 6, 2018, 3:36 pm
dunroaming wrote:
March 5, 2018, 8:15 pm
The lady in question is 40 divorced, has 3 children under 16 Owns a 4 bedroom house (No Debt) Owns 8 rai of farm land and 2 rai of building land all with no debt and the Chanotes in her name. She has no personal debt other than for the purchase of her car, all payments are made and account is up to date.

She does not have a 'Job' but looks after her sisters children while they work payment is in food, clothes etc, she has a couple of cash in hand part time jobs, and rents me a room in her house. I have lived at her address for almost a year now and my driving licence from this address. I have many photos of us taken on day trips with the children and also just of us, is it worth including them to show a relationship of sorts? I plan on retiring in Thailand in September and staying with her and her children for the foreseeable future.

Her female friend in England wants to Sponsor her and pay for her flights all accommodation and spending money. Also paying for childcare and stand in for sisters children care while she is away. Sponsor is willing to supply any documentation required.

Is it best just to get everything translated for her and do I send originals (Chanotes, blue book, etc) she is not very keen on the idea of parting with the originals.
Main paperwork will be from the sponsor in the UK.
proof of home ownership
proof of living there ie phone bills in his/her name
council tax bill
bank statements showing funds in the last 6 months
sponsor's letter of invitation stating he/she will pay for everything inc air tickets, they will stay at this place, how long known for, blah blah et etc...

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”