udonmap.com

Re: Road Carnage

Post by wazza » January 10, 2018, 6:10 pm

I cut 1 hour off the last drive there with the SUV,

Tony Pandy
udonmap.com

Post by Tony Pandy » January 10, 2018, 7:44 pm

I just walked about 1km @ 19:00. Astonished how many scooters had NO lights. Front or rear. Black clothes. Wondering why they get hit. Sad to see it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2018, 7:54 pm

Whilst agreeing the road conditions do cause SOME accidents, the vast majority is just down to bad driving and lack of police enforcement of road laws.

As my daughter wanted to play with friends in the school playground this evening, so I had nothing better to do (no wifi so couldn't have a laugh at felix's latest comments) than sit and watch the traffic go by the school gates.
During a TWO HOUR period in the evening 15:30 - 17:30 traffic has to make a left turn to avoid going past the school, this is a sensible move as it then allows the traffic from the main road to stop and make "pick up's" and also traffic to park whilst collecting the children. There has been a sign at the junction for at least 5 years and there is now a second, additional sign on the opposite side of the road telling traffic it has to turn left and not go straight on.
Whilst waiting there tonight I watched 65 vehicles pass the junction, 20 turned left (as required) and a whopping 45 took absolutely no notice of the signs and drove the wrong way down the "ONE WAY" street. That is a shade under 70% paying no attention what so ever to the traffic regulations. What makes it even more annoying is that there is a guy with an orange vest who only bothers to intervene when there is a clusterf*ck, when he then gets everyone to back up and go the right way :evil: There is also a police officer sitting on his little perch on the other side of the main road watching all the cars and bikes coming out of the street from the wrong direction and just letting them get on with it.
What is the point of having road signs/traffic police if everyone, including the police ignore them :evil: :evil: :evil:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 10, 2018, 8:04 pm

Alien run down by thai driver whilst trying to redirect traffic to their . correct lanes .

BIB settled on the spot with the Thai Driver and agree that as the Alien didnt have a work permit, he was in fact operating illegally on a public road

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2018, 9:12 pm

wazza wrote:
January 10, 2018, 8:04 pm
Alien run down by thai driver whilst trying to redirect traffic to their . correct lanes .

BIB settled on the spot with the Thai Driver and agree that as the Alien didnt have a work permit, he was in fact operating illegally on a public road
That wouldn't surprise me one little bit ...... only the fact that the Alien wasn't posthumously charged with jaywalking and his insurance co hit with the cost of damage he made whilst bouncing of Thai drivers car :roll:
Don't know what he was thinking anyway ...... WHATEVER LANE the Thai driver was in was automatically the correct lane :-$

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » January 10, 2018, 11:13 pm

Hello everybody! A long time ago I bought a Nissan NV in Bkk, than sold it in Udon after 2 years. It was a fair deal...so my next car will be a cheap vehicle and I plan to buy again at the city of Angels. I am just passing my next holidays in Thailand so I will use the car for a few months only. The question: Is it possible to get a three month insurance? Or do I need to pay a full year in advance and than wait for the refund? I still have my yellow house registration book but I am not shure if I can register with a simple tourist visa? Regards Richard

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 10, 2018, 11:24 pm

Richard

There is an Insurance Thread to ask that question on, AA Ins brokers are very professional .

What has happened in the last 12 months or so,

Your car must be registered in the Province your are registered in for Immigration purposes. Your Yellow Book is your Immigration document, supported by your visa

I tried to register my new car ( August 2017 ) in BKK , but rejected and must be in Udon, where my Yellow Book is registered.

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » January 11, 2018, 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot How to get a car from BKK and drive it to Udon? Am I allowed to drive with the preowners numberplate?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

I think ??????? you can drive it to Udon, having got all the papers signed from the seller, then you go to the transport offices on the KK Road ( 15 km from Udon ) and transfer it over etc. it needs to go over the pit for inspection etc

Allow an early morning start , be there at 0730 to join the queue , as it gets busy

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 11, 2018, 6:05 pm

You can also do it at the transport office in town.
They do Inspections for change of ownership.
I changed a motorbike into my name which was registered in Bangkok & they gave me new plates & did the inspection.
Cars were also being done at the same time.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 11, 2018, 6:10 pm

pal52 wrote:
January 11, 2018, 6:05 pm
You can also do it at the transport office in town
Pal52 , do you have a map reference etc ??

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 11, 2018, 6:40 pm

wazza wrote:
January 11, 2018, 6:10 pm
pal52 wrote:
January 11, 2018, 6:05 pm
You can also do it at the transport office in town
Pal52 , do you have a map reference etc ??
It is the original Transport office which was there before the one opened up on the Khon Kean road.
Between the fu**k up intersection with the flyover & tunnel & the traffic lights before the Christian School.

I always use that office to tax my cars & motorbike as it only ever takes 10 mins to complete everything .
The staff there are very good & efficiant.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Udo ... 1088?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 11, 2018, 6:49 pm

How did we get to transferring car ownership from ROAD CARNAGE?

Please can we use this to discuss Road Carnage

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 11, 2018, 7:09 pm

cant get a lot more "ON TOPIC" than Pal52's last post ........ the carnage that WAS a road at the ex Tesco traffic lights.

Now the fr*ggin idiots have started to dig up the left side lane/hard shoulder, at EXACTLY the same point that they have the outside lane blocked off :evil:

Given the average Thai drivers patience threshold, if that's not recipe for carnage I don't know what is [-X

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » January 12, 2018, 4:48 am

The WHO report had Libya as #1 and Thailand #2. I wonder where this puts India?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/10 ... -seriously

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 6, 2018, 5:52 pm

I fail to comprehend Thai logic. It just dont make sense to me.
How could this happen? Poor sod didn't stand a chance!
https://youtu.be/l8zBKSUYHJk

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 6, 2018, 6:43 pm

That's the problem....there is no logic in the Thai mind as we know it. This guy is like so many thousands of others who daily make the "Buddha turn" without so much as even a glance at what may be coming down the road towards them. I think it has to be a defective gene in the Thai DNA. That's the only logical explanation as we know it!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 6, 2018, 7:03 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
March 6, 2018, 6:43 pm
That's the problem....there is no logic in the Thai mind as we know it. I think it has to be a defective gene in the Thai DNA. That's the only logical explanation as we know it!
Sorry, your explanation is not logical, it is racist.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 6, 2018, 7:20 pm

That video clip is just so typical and it can be motorbikes, cars, bicycles, anything and from schoolkids to the aged. Or they'll actually take a look, having already turned! It's happened three or four occasions to me at the Phen traffic lights and having been unable to restrain myself from sounding off, I get the I don't understand why the farang's going crazy face. :roll:

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 6, 2018, 7:25 pm

Different way of thinking.I see near misses regular.Where a farang will shout and rave , they just shrug and go on their way.
It's excepted to go wrong on the roads here. But will always be farangs fault! [-X

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”