rolling tobacco in udon

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by 23696335 » January 28, 2013, 2:05 pm

Anybody know of anywhere in Udon that you can get rolling tobacco ie:Golden Virginia etc.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by BobHelm » January 28, 2013, 2:18 pm

The 'Chinese supermarket' directly across the road from the 99+1 bar sell some imported rolling tobacco.
Drum for certain, along with 'UK style' (not Thai style :D ) papers..

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by gudtymchuk » January 28, 2013, 2:28 pm

The liquor store, corner of Phosi Rd and Sisutha Rd sells many different brands of rolling tobacco as well as pipe tobacco.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

colt1911
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by colt1911 » January 28, 2013, 2:48 pm

They also sell several brands of Cigars

RLTrader
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by RLTrader » January 28, 2013, 2:51 pm

Somewhere downtown there use to be a shop with barrels of rolling tobacco, different mixtures of thai tobacco. I just can't remember where but somewhere that wasn't far from the complex. Barrels were out on the sidewalk, so you could not miss it if you went by.

You can also buy hand rolled thai tobacco at small mom&pop shops around town. Comes in 8 per plastic bag for 5 baht, Think its illegal, for no tax. So you would need to ask.

haggis087
udonmap.com

rolling tobacco in udon

Post by haggis087 » October 10, 2015, 6:15 pm

In case anyone interested, The Wholesale suppliers directly opposite Irish Clock have 50g packs of Golden Virginia rolling tobacco at 420bht.
They deliver alcohol & cigarettes to most of the Bars etc and lady there told me that if she hasn't got something you want she can soon get it for you.

skinner
udonmap.com

Re: rolling tobacco in udon

Post by skinner » March 6, 2018, 12:51 pm

Does anybody know if the wholesale shop opposite the Irish clock still sells hand rolling tobacco ? or anywhere else that sells it ?

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » March 6, 2018, 1:58 pm

Here Skinner from a Previous Post
gudtymchuk wrote:
January 28, 2013, 2:28 pm
The liquor store, corner of Phosi Rd and Sisutha Rd sells many different brands of rolling tobacco as well as pipe tobacco.

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » March 6, 2018, 2:01 pm

There is a tobacco shop near to IMMIGRATION that is cheaper. 40 gms for 280 baht. IF you turn right out of the immigration and turn right at traffic lights its there on the corner straight opposite the big Toshiba sign they sell all kinds and papers as well plus filters. I have been searching for menthol filters to no avail and I have them sent from UK

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 6, 2018, 2:09 pm

All the tobacco I've ever come across in all the shops in Thailand has been of poor quality.i have to get friends to get me it from duty free.heres an example brown uk packet is original uk duty free.yellow duty free from Vietnam.ive tried far and wide and even the golden Virginia over the road from the irish clock is fake.the Chinese liquor shop is all fake too.all of it makes me cough apart from the real deal.dont worry though because they will still sell you the cancerous stuff as long as they can make a baht.
Attachments
IMG_2287.JPG

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

valiant wrote:
March 6, 2018, 2:01 pm
There is a tobacco shop near to IMMIGRATION that is cheaper. 40 gms for 280 baht. IF you turn right out of the immigration and turn right at traffic lights its there on the corner straight opposite the big Toshiba sign they sell all kinds and papers as well plus filters. I have been searching for menthol filters to no avail and I have them sent from UK
Yes and it's all of bad quality....the best tobacco in Thailand is the 10b Thai crap that ain't probably got ant chemicals in and not as strong as the imported stuff.ive been through most of his tobacco and the nearest you can get to a decent smoke is amsterdamer.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » March 7, 2018, 10:19 am

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will just have to try . BTW, where is the cheap Thai stuff for sale. I used to get it in Bangkok, but havnt seen it here.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » March 7, 2018, 11:01 am

skinner wrote:
March 7, 2018, 10:19 am
Thanks for the replies, I guess I will just have to try . BTW, where is the cheap Thai stuff for sale. I used to get it in Bangkok, but havnt seen it here.
Every mon'n'pop corner grocery store.
Go for the orange/red brands, not white/red, as these are much milder.
Beer and alcohol wholesalers also sell it, 12 packs on a roll = 95 baht.
Smoked the stuff nigh on 15 years now, don't even like Euro/UK brands anymore...

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » March 7, 2018, 12:37 pm

Last week my son-in-law brought Golden Virginia from the Chinese Whole sale across from Central just down toward Nutty Park. Opposite side. Had filters and papers.

malc123

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 7, 2018, 4:20 pm

valiant wrote:
March 6, 2018, 2:01 pm

You can buy menthol flavored tobacco the same make as the local stuff.
You can also buy menthol flavored tubes to make your own with a machine.
The tubes made by Rollo are 100 baht for menthol flavored or 90 baht for ordinary ones.
This is for a box of 250 tubes.
The tobacco is 90 baht for a strip of 12 packets each about 40 grams.
The machine is about 300 baht which I have been using for 1 year.
You buy them in the big market near the Ban Chiang Hotel.
The best way to describe how to find the market stall is go into the last entrance to the market more or less opposite the Ban Chaing Hotel.
Walk about 40 metres & you will see some permanent types of stalls/shops on the right.
Turn right into the alley & it is the last shop on the right.
AS you enter the alley you will see sacks & large plastic bags of the local tobacco.
The menthol flavored tubes are in a green colored box & the orinary filter tubes are in a red box.
The map below is the approx position of the stall which sells tobacco.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Mun ... 8252?hl=en

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”