Govt aims for paperless systems to help public

Thailand news, views and comments
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 10, 2018, 10:48 am

10 March 2018 - 10:28 am

"The government will begin putting in place paperless systems in public service agencies over the next six months under a plan to steer all state agencies through digital transformation. It has a goal to substantially reduce duplication of work among state agencies in the next three months, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said."

One can only hope this paperless move will apply to things like Immigration. We fill in the same information on the same forms year after year \:D/

Maybe they will quit killing so many trees with all the paperwork ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Govt aims for paperless systems to help public

Post by stattointhailand » March 10, 2018, 10:56 am

It will never work Charlieb ...... can you imagine the state of the screens after all those rubber stamps :roll:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 10, 2018, 4:25 pm

Charlieb wrote:
March 10, 2018, 10:48 am
One can only hope this paperless move will apply to things like Immigration. We fill in the same information on the same forms year after year \:D/
Certainly agree there, but I rather feel it is hope rather than the expectation. Mind you, they seem to be able to do without a receipt for some things. :-k

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 10, 2018, 7:14 pm

And this is suppose to help us and make us feel fuzzy and warm?
Next, they will want us to turn in all our paper fiat money (because it might help fund Islamic Terorists), and become totally digitized. I forgot, we will need that digital chip in our brain also, to help protect us from someone selling our identity. Oh, Snap, I forgot..their already rolling that out.
So...is it a good thing? \:D/

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 11, 2018, 5:54 pm

This will never work in Thailand for the same reasons that it didn't work with the online 90 day reports for Immigration. Face to face problem solving is the only way that these civil servants can get their hands in your pocket. If one is forced to sit at the desk in front of them while paperwork is completed manually, then they will be able to create opportunities to extract money from you. Corruption is endemic in this society, and anything that inhibits their ability to make that extra money on the side is going to be rejected. The big bosses that roll out these types of projects will get their share under the table when the projects are contracted out, and that's all they care about. After a few months the offices will go back to their old ways. It has taken some of them years to hone their craft and perfect their pet schemes, so "change" is one thing that is never welcome here. They couldn't even keep the electronic queue system working at Immigration, and after a few months they were back to having us take a cardboard queue card with a number on it, and they can't even get that system right. It will be a lost cause!
Last edited by semperfiguy on March 11, 2018, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 11, 2018, 6:17 pm

If you really sit down & think about a paperless system.
The only system which generates a huge amount of paperwork is Immigration.
The land office maybe another one.

What paperwork do you fill in for paying your tax on the car or renewing your driving license.
It is virtually paperless.

Now with Interpol & lots of agencies for Anti Terrorism keeping in contact electronically to a certain extent.
Immigration should be the one to have a paperless system.

It will never happen unless someone really high in Government insists it is enforced.

I agree with Semperfiguy as most of us have all had experiences at Immigration asking for money to make your visit easier for a fee.

We also openly know about getting Visa extensions under the table via an Agent who has a contact in Immigration for a fee for not having funds etc in the bank.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 11, 2018, 8:25 pm

And thats why I take a 15tb of fruit with me for all stamps.....

Return to “Thailand News”