Long-term Rental

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
MrBlueSky
udonmap.com

Long-term Rental

Post by MrBlueSky » April 26, 2017, 10:26 am

I am re-locating from Phuket to Udon Thani in July. I am looking for a long-term house rental on the outskirts of Udon Thani city. I don't expect anyone to do the leg-work for me and I am just asking which districts/areas of Udon Thani are nice to live in. Preferably a quiet(ish) area where expats tend to prefer. I am 50 years of age and English. Many thanks in advance.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Long-term Rental

Post by BobHelm » April 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Robyen probably has the best ratio of value to condition to quantity available.
The houses (apart from the new Robyen 3??) do tend to be fairly close together though. So how quiet it is depends on what the neighbours you have are like.
If you want to go into town though you really do need your own transport as no baht buses supply the village & picking up an empty (non ordered) tuk tuk would be a minor miracle.
It is now serviced by 3 decent but different falang bars/restaurants though, so you don't actually need to go into central Udon unless you want to..

It is though, horses for courses & very much dependent on what you want to pay. Most of the 'estates' are pretty decent areas to live in but rentals can be rare & expense in some.

You really do need to come up, have a look, see prices, decide where you like & then ask on the Forum what people think of it - it is rather difficult for anyone to state the pluses & minuses on your open ended question.. :D

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » April 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

As Bob says, you really need to come up and have a look. I live in the Sittarom estate, which I can thoroughly recommend. it's inside the southern ring-road and the village is about 5 years old - pool, gym, good security, relatively hi-so. Out of the estate back gate and you are in town in 10 minutes by car/bike, 5 minutes BigC, 5 minutes Thai food market, 2 minutes nearest falang restaurant bar.
There are usually a couple of houses sporting 'for rent' sign...just ask security or sales office.

MrBlueSky
udonmap.com

Post by MrBlueSky » April 26, 2017, 1:38 pm

Thanks Bob and Mac. I have been to Udon Thani a few times but was unsure of what areas are 'good' and 'bad' etc. In terms of being quiet, I was alluding to traffic noise and bars etc. I am due to arrive in Udon on 3rd July and have booked a hotel for the first week which will give me time to see a few places etc. If I need more time then I will just extend my hotel stay. Certainly anywhere on the ring road would be convenient.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 26, 2017, 11:15 pm

MrBlueSky wrote:I am re-locating from Phuket to Udon Thani in July. I am looking for a long-term house rental on the outskirts of Udon Thani city. I don't expect anyone to do the leg-work for me and I am just asking which districts/areas of Udon Thani are nice to live in. Preferably a quiet(ish) area where expats tend to prefer. I am 50 years of age and English. Many thanks in advance.
If you want quiet and secure I have a brand new bungalow with swimming pool,tropical gardens for rent in nong wua so 20-25 minutes from udon city.cheap good market, few restaurants,cash n carry,plenty shops all a couple of minutes away.8,000 a month,tv and wifi and gardening included.good expat community around so won't get bored.flexi rental agreement with a months notice if you want to up and go.im English and also escaped from Phuket.

MrBlueSky
udonmap.com

Post by MrBlueSky » April 27, 2017, 8:47 am

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the reply. Would welcome some more details and pictures. Not sure if I am allowed to post my email address or not!!

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 28, 2017, 7:22 am

You are allowed to give your email address.i can't upload photos as they are too big but can email you some.regards,mark.

MrBlueSky
udonmap.com

Post by MrBlueSky » April 28, 2017, 11:03 am

Thanks Mark. My email is [email protected]

SpikeB

Post by SpikeB » April 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Hi Mark,

I am new to (and now in) Udon Thani, looking for a place and would like to view if possible. If so, could you please send your phone number to [email protected] and I will call.

Thanks
CTH

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 29, 2017, 5:57 am

Sorry the bungalow is booked up until the 21st of June.ive only answered mr blue sky as he's not looking to rent until July when it's vacant.

TigerCrystal

Post by TigerCrystal » March 12, 2018, 11:10 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
April 26, 2017, 11:15 pm
MrBlueSky wrote:I am re-locating from Phuket to Udon Thani in July. I am looking for a long-term house rental on the outskirts of Udon Thani city. I don't expect anyone to do the leg-work for me and I am just asking which districts/areas of Udon Thani are nice to live in. Preferably a quiet(ish) area where expats tend to prefer. I am 50 years of age and English. Many thanks in advance.
If you want quiet and secure I have a brand new bungalow with swimming pool,tropical gardens for rent in nong wua so 20-25 minutes from udon city.cheap good market, few restaurants,cash n carry,plenty shops all a couple of minutes away.8,000 a month,tv and wifi and gardening included.good expat community around so won't get bored.flexi rental agreement with a months notice if you want to up and go.im English and also escaped from Phuket.
HI. not sure how to send pm . .
I will be moving up to udon in October so maybe your bungalow will be ready,
Any email to contact u ?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 11:15 am

Hi sorry but the bungalow is rented but I have 2 new 50 sqm pool side apartments,with kitchen,utility room ready in a months time.also a 3-4 bed 2 storey house.tel mark 0933479123 or [email protected] for more info.very flexible rental contract,one month deposit,one month rent.furnished,unfurnished,very secure small gated expat community.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”