Where to buy English Tea bags

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy English Tea bags

Post by tamada » March 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 12, 2018, 2:50 am
... .wish we had a outlet like his up here. ...
But we already have several outlets like his up here.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 8:52 am

tamada wrote:
March 13, 2018, 8:38 am
Marcosteffano wrote:
March 12, 2018, 2:50 am
... .wish we had a outlet like his up here. ...
But we already have several outlets like his up here.
At buriram.pie mans prices,I don't think so.nearest to him is papa farang but I don't think he does t bags.the best selection of goods is villa mart but with prices that match Harrods of London you won't ever catch me in there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 13, 2018, 12:34 pm

From http://burirampieman.com/buriramfoodproducts.html

PG Tips Tea Bags. Pack of 80. Bht 200.00

From http://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/docs/N ... 20List.pdf

TEABAGS TYPHOO 100' 200 BAHT
TEABAGS TETLEY 100's 250 BAHT
TEABAGS YORKSHIRE 80'S 220 BAHT
TEABAGS PG TIPS 80's 250 BAHT
TEABAGS PG TIPS 240’s 680 BAHT

I know there are those here that will do without, buy Twinnings, Lipton's, wait for a 'red cross parcel' from the UK or a package on the bus from Buriram rather than give money to any and all the more entrepreneurial farang businessmen in Udon. If you can't be arsed to check FB or call for prices, but want to bang on about being ripped off, don't bother to have a look at the following as you'll only get more upset.

From https://www.facebook.com/trottersudonthani/
TiT_tea.jpg
Look, you can't afford to drop by and have a beer like you used to, that's fine. But cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is absolutely bloody hilarious... especially contemplating DRIVING to Buriram, Surin or Korat just to 'save a few bob'?

Maybe it's because you don't like certain people. That's OK too. That's natural... just a little bit futile in the small, shallow pond we find ourselves in. But if it is the case... and in more than a few instances it probably is, then say as much and stop this BS 'farangs ripping off farangs' nonsense.

Have a nice cuppa

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 13, 2018, 2:47 pm

One does not "drive" to Buriram, Surin or Korat etc - just ask for whatever to be put on the bus, quite simple.

As for being "Ripped Off" that is unfair unless the so called entrepreneurial farang businessmen in Udon (?) charge more for no real reason
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 3:02 pm

Nothing to do with cost.i don't drink in udon or very rarely.get on well with george but don't need anything he has to offer.im fortunate to be able to cook many western foods for myself.if I have got a problem its with villa mart with their prices on things like mr sheen furniture polish at £7 a pop and £1 in the uk and yes I do bring it here myself .also they were selling gravy granules that had set hard in the tub.then to add insult to injury got me to sign up for a club card so I could have 100b discount for spending 25,000b.as for farang ripping farang off,ive just recommended buriram pie man and papa farang who I don't see eye to eye with and I think they are both farang.dont know where you got the idea of driving to buriram as he posts and also again he doesn't have anything I need.it was only a recommendation for other members.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 3:07 pm

joepai wrote:
March 13, 2018, 2:47 pm
One does not "drive" to Buriram, Surin or Korat etc - just ask for whatever to be put on the bus, quite simple.

As for being "Ripped Off" that is unfair unless the so called entrepreneurial farang businessmen in Udon (?) charge more for no real reason
Couldn't agree more,nothing like a good bit of competition,always works out best for the customer be it tea bags,cars,flights,you name it.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

We can also buy from where and from whom we like.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 4:30 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
March 11, 2018, 7:02 pm
Just looked this place on google maps. From where I am in Patters it's estimate nearly a 6 hour drive. I could be more than halfway back in that time, Therefor will have to order by phone.
Have you seen Siam-expat-foods in Pattaya.some good reviews.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 13, 2018, 8:07 pm

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 13, 2018, 9:15 pm

teas tea, change your taste buds, dosn't take long and buy local
Master Builder

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 13, 2018, 11:54 pm

AussieBoy wrote:
March 13, 2018, 9:15 pm
teas tea, change your taste buds, dosn't take long and buy local
Sorry mate it's an English thing that you wouldn't understand.a bit like changing from lager to Guinness.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 14, 2018, 11:00 am

tamada wrote:
March 13, 2018, 12:34 pm

I know there are those here that will do without, buy Twinnings, Lipton's, wait for a 'red cross parcel' from the UK or a package on the bus from Buriram rather than give money to any and all the more entrepreneurial farang businessmen in Udon. If you can't be arsed to check FB or call for prices, but want to bang on about being ripped off, don't bother to have a look at the following as you'll only get more upset.

TiT_tea.jpg

Look, you can't afford to drop by and have a beer like you used to, that's fine. But cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is absolutely bloody hilarious... especially contemplating DRIVING to Buriram, Surin or Korat just to 'save a few bob'?

Maybe it's because you don't like certain people. That's OK too. That's natural... just a little bit futile in the small, shallow pond we find ourselves in. But if it is the case... and in more than a few instances it probably is, then say as much and stop this BS 'farangs ripping off farangs' nonsense.

Have a nice cuppa
I think you are peeing up the wrong tree pal.first of all I don't get upset about the price of tea bags.i happen to have many mates from the uk bring me whatever I want out here including uk tabacco all for for free and they ain't Red Cross parcels.i don't drink in the tap or city because I don't live in the city anymore and don't want to drink and drive all that way.as for can't afford it,why should I pay almost 4 times the price of a large Heineken than that at the porch monkey bar in NWS where they have at least 4-6 farang in most days with big screen tv,good music,pool,backgammon.also the last couple of times I did visit the tap it was like a morgue with one grumpy ignorant man sat in the corner and if it did have customers it was Thais.so take it from me I have good reasons why I don't buy from george,the tap,other outlets.the information you have on me is a load of bs.i think you need to pull your head out of the place where the sun don't shine and stop trying to judge people who you don't ******* know.now go sit in the corner like a good little boy and think about it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2018, 11:07 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 13, 2018, 4:30 pm
Wee Jimmy wrote:
March 11, 2018, 7:02 pm
Just looked this place on google maps. From where I am in Patters it's estimate nearly a 6 hour drive. I could be more than halfway back in that time, Therefor will have to order by phone.
Have you seen Siam-expat-foods in Pattaya.some good reviews.
Then there's Siambury's...

https://www.facebook.com/siamburys/

Let the sausage wars begin!! (again)

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 14, 2018, 12:25 pm

Never used any of those two. This time I only used K.P.K which doesn't have a lot of items. Normally I use Pattaya Prime Foods but since "A" at the Kineree has a large display freezer stocked with their products I go there. As for Tea bags & curry I have enough to do for about 2 years.

Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Post by Saminthailand » March 14, 2018, 2:13 pm

Trotters Independent Traders near the Airport on the Ring Road he has lots of UK food etc

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 14, 2018, 3:48 pm

Saminthailand wrote:
March 14, 2018, 2:13 pm
Trotters Independent Traders near the Airport on the Ring Road he has lots of UK food etc
=D> Good try
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » March 14, 2018, 5:30 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 14, 2018, 11:00 am
tamada wrote:

TiT_tea.jpg

Have a nice cuppa
I think you are peeing up the wrong tree pal.first of all I don't get upset about the price of tea bags.i happen to have many mates from the uk bring me whatever I want out here including uk tabacco all for for free and they ain't Red Cross parcels.i don't drink in the tap or city because I don't live in the city anymore and don't want to drink and drive all that way.as for can't afford it,why should I pay almost 4 times the price of a large Heineken than that at the porch monkey bar in NWS where they have at least 4-6 farang in most days with big screen tv,good music,pool,backgammon.also the last couple of times I did visit the tap it was like a morgue with one grumpy ignorant man sat in the corner and if it did have customers it was Thais.so take it from me I have good reasons why I don't buy from george,the tap,other outlets.the information you have on me is a load of bs.i think you need to pull your head out of the place where the sun don't shine and stop trying to judge people who you don't ******* know.now go sit in the corner like a good little boy and think about it.
:D

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 14, 2018, 5:58 pm

Man oh man sure would hate to get you Limeys upset of on a serious subject. But if Teas Bags will do. so be it

If it were gun territory(USA) I would say pistols at 10 paces but since it is the UK pull out the Butter Knives and have at it
Good Luck

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2018, 10:37 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 14, 2018, 11:00 am
tamada wrote:

TiT_tea.jpg

Have a nice cuppa
Bingo!

I consider that button well and truly pushed.

Thanks for 'fessing up though. Feel better now Mr... umm... Mr many mates?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2018, 10:38 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 14, 2018, 5:58 pm
Man oh man sure would hate to get you Limeys upset of on a serious subject. But if Teas Bags will do. so be it

If it were gun territory(USA) I would say pistols at 10 paces but since it is the UK pull out the Butter Knives and have at it
Good Luck
Bun fight mate. They all love a bun fight.

Except some of those out NWS way who simply LOVE handbags.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”