Can there be any flexibility by immigration?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Can there be any flexibility by immigration?

Post by Saminthailand » March 19, 2018, 11:50 am

I have tried every option I can think of and I cannot get a solution to this.

Once I have My visa extention in May it will run out on 28th June and my flight is on 3rd July. do I need to go Laos for a new visa or is there any flexibility?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Can there be any flexibility by immigration?

Post by Lone Star » March 19, 2018, 2:19 pm

Go to immigration with your ticket/boarding pass and ask for an extension.

Worked for me several years ago before I moved here with the intention of being here permanently. They even gave me more days than I requested.

Good luck.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 19, 2018, 2:34 pm

You need to do something, Saminthailand.
I do not think it is wise to do nothing, turn up at the airport & pay the few days overstay.
Yes, that can (& does) work, but you are leaving yourself very vulnerable for those few days.

As Lone Star says, your best option is to turn up at Immigration with your passport & flight ticket out & ask them to help.
Then the worse that can happen is that they will only give you a 30 day extension.
If that happens then some time between 4th June & its expiry you have to nip across the border (or make a couple of day trip of it). :D

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 19, 2018, 6:17 pm

Saminthailand wrote:
March 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Once I have My visa extention in May it will run out on 28th June and my flight is on 3rd July. do I need to go Laos for a new visa or is there any flexibility?
Do you have a Thai wife? Somehow I remember you were looking an insurance for her.

If you have Thai wife, apply extension based on visiting your Thai wife on May. You will get 60 days instead of 30 days.

You need application, copy of your passport, your wife must show tabian baan, Id-card and you have to show marriage certificate. Goes until July 28th that way. No need to have non-imm visa when entered.

If you do not have a Thai wife, you can still do any application of extension on June 28th. They will reject your application with a stamp which says that you have to leave country during next 7 days (latest 4th of July). This I do not recommend, even it is possible.

3rd possibility is to go to Immigration and pay overstay fee for those days. If I remember correctly, those days would still be under the limit -6 days.

BTW. If you go to Laos, you do not go and apply a new visa. Just have a nice day in Vientiane, come back, buy some tax free items and then get 30 days exemption stamp at border.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » March 20, 2018, 4:49 am

Every trip I come in on a 60 day Tourist Visa, with a return air ticket for 80 days, and when 56 days are up I go to Udon Immigration and apply for an extension, to get me to the 80 days..Never have a problem, just have to pay 1900bt or 2000bt, depends who you get at the counter. They usually give an extra 30days, as you cant get less that this that I am aware of..you will need passport photo, passport and air ticket, and the money, and dont forget to say thanks

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » March 21, 2018, 10:37 pm

Go to Laos and get a 60...avoid at least two trips to immigration.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 23, 2018, 1:50 am

Saminthailand wrote:
March 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Immigration is extremely unlikely to give a second extension of any entry, certainly not because you got the wrong date for a flight.
Assuming that you are eligible for a visa exempt entry and have not already got 2 this year then doing a boarder hop is the best way, you will not then need a visa.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”