Do you smoke marijuana?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
MetalHeader

Do you smoke marijuana?

Post by MetalHeader » March 20, 2018, 8:55 am

Do you smoke marijuana? what do you think about cannabis legalization?
I do because it benefits me in many ways.
Here is one of many reason why you should support cannabis legaliztion:
http://bit.ly/2GIaIpS

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Do you smoke marijuana?

Post by Udon Map » March 20, 2018, 10:06 am

Sure, MetalHeader. While I'm not going to take a substantive position in this brief post, I note that while the article is titled, "National Cancer Institute Quietly Confirms Cannabis Can Cure Cancer," a careful read reveals generous use of the indefinite. Not exactly a "confirmation."
Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death,
Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
Cannabinoids have been studied for anti-inflammatory effects that may play a role in pain relief.
You appear to credit and believe information which supports your beliefs and ignore information which does not. Hardly indicative of objectivity.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 20, 2018, 10:33 am

in my younger years I was alwyas at the rallys for legalization, but then the different strains got way too "crazy" ..
No more for me. But, I would reather see people smoking pot and driving, than drinking and driving. And, no one smokes pot and goes out and kills people or fights. But, I see 2 problems today...has it all been legalized as a "distraction" to keep people dumbed down, or "mellowed"as all the Orwellian stuff is being brought out? Or is it because "the brands that are legal now, are the "New" GMO strains? (manufactured by Monsanto) Just my thoughts...

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 20, 2018, 10:57 am

There are a hell of a lot of people who have cured there cancer through the use of cannabis oil, look up Rick Simpson and the information will lead you in many ways. Chemotherapy has a 97% failure rate yet it is the approved treatment $$$$, each to there own but there are enough personal testimonials around, not just rats and mice which is very ill informed on your part Udon Map.
Note the smoking of marijuana has no effect on the treatment of cancer, it must be turned to oil and eaten.

christian_2013
udonmap.com

Post by christian_2013 » March 20, 2018, 11:22 am

Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think
By Johann Hari

Across the world, more and more people are asking: Why is marijuana banned? Why are people still sent to prison for using or selling it?
Most of us assume it’s because someone, somewhere sat down with the scientific evidence, and figured out that cannabis is more harmful than other drugs we use all the time — like alcohol and cigarettes.
Somebody worked it all out, in our best interest.
But when I started to go through the official archives — researching my book Chasing The Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs — to find out why cannabis was banned back in the 1930s, I discovered that’s not what happened.
Not at all.

In 1929, a man called Harry Anslinger was put in charge of the Department of Prohibition in Washington, D.C. But alcohol prohibition had been a disaster. Gangsters had taken over whole neighborhoods. Alcohol — controlled by criminals — had become even more poisonous.
So alcohol prohibition finally ended — and Harry Anslinger was afraid. He found himself in charge of a huge government department, with nothing for it to do. Up until then, he had said that cannabis was not a problem. It doesn’t harm people, he explained, and “there is no more absurd fallacy” than the idea it makes people violent.
Harry J. Anslinger, commissioner of the Treasury Department’s Federal Bureau of Narcotics.

But then — suddenly, when his department needed a new purpose — he announced he had changed his mind.
He explained to the public what would happen if you smoked cannabis.

First, you will fall into “a delirious rage.” Then you will be gripped by “dreams... of an erotic character.” Then you will “lose the power of connected thought.” Finally, you will reach the inevitable end-point: “Insanity.”
Marijuana turns man into a “wild beast.“ If marijuana bumped into Frankenstein’s monster on the stairs, Anslinger warned, the monster would drop dead of fright.
Harry Anslinger became obsessed with one case in particular. In Florida, a boy called Victor Licata hacked his family to death with an axe. Anslinger explained to America: This is what will happen when you smoke “the demon weed.” The case became notorious. The parents of the U.S. were terrified.
What evidence did Harry Anslinger have? It turns out at this time he wrote to the 30 leading scientists on this subject, asking if cannabis was dangerous, and if there should be a ban.
Twenty-nine wrote back and said no.
Anslinger picked out the one scientist who said yes, and presented him to the world. The press — obsessed with Victor Licata’s axe — cheered them on.
In a panic that gripped America, marijuana was banned. The U.S. told other countries they had to do the same. Many countries said it was a dumb idea, and refused to do it. For example, Mexico decided their drug policy should be run by doctors. Their medical advice was that cannabis didn’t cause these problems, and they refused to ban it. The U.S. was furious. Anslinger ordered them to fall into line. The Mexicans held out — until, in the end, the U.S. cut off the supply of all legal painkillers to Mexico. People started to die in agony in their hospitals. So with regret, Mexico sacked the doctor — and launched its own drug war.
“The scientific evidence suggests cannabis is safer than alcohol. Alcohol kills 40,000 people every year in the U.S. Cannabis kills nobody.”
But at home, questions were being asked. A leading American doctor called Michael Ball wrote to Harry Anslinger, puzzled. He explained he had used cannabis as a medical student, and it had only made him sleepy. Maybe cannabis does drive a small number of people crazy, he said — but we need to fund some scientific studies to find out.
Anslinger wrote back firmly. “The marihuana evil can no longer be temporized with,” he explained, and he would fund no independent science. Then, or ever.
For years, doctors kept approaching him with evidence he was wrong, and he began to snap, telling them they were “treading on dangerous ground” and should watch their mouths.
Today, most of the world is still living with the ban on cannabis that Harry Anslinger introduced, in the nation-wide panic that followed Victor Licata’s killing spree.
But here’s the catch. Years later, somebody went and looked at the psychiatric files for Victor Licata.
It turns out there’s no evidence he ever used cannabis.
He had a lot of mental illness in his family. They had been told a year before he needed to be institutionalized — but they refused. His psychiatrists never even mentioned marijuana in connection to him.
So, does cannabis make people mad?
The former chief advisor on drugs to the British government, David Nutt, explains — if cannabis causes psychosis in a straightforward way, then it would show in a straightforward way.
When cannabis use goes up, psychosis will go up. And when cannabis use goes down psychosis will go down.
So does that happen? We have a lot of data from a lot of countries. And it turns out it doesn’t. For example, in Britain, cannabis use has increased by a factor of about 40 since the 1960s. And rates of psychosis? They have remained steady.
In fact, the scientific evidence suggests cannabis is safer than alcohol. Alcohol kills 40,000 people every year in the U.S. Cannabis kills nobody — although Willie Nelson says a friend of his did once die when a bale of cannabis fell on his head.
This is why, in 2006, a young man in Colorado called Mason Tvert issued a challenge to the then-mayor of Denver and eventual governor, John Hickenlooper. Hickenlooper owned brew-pubs selling alcohol across the state, and it made him rich. But he said cannabis was harmful and had to be banned. So Mason issued him a challenge — to a duel. You bring a crate of booze. I’ll bring a pack of joints. For every hit of booze you take, I’ll take a hit of cannabis. We’ll see who dies first.
It was the ultimate High Noon.
Mason went on to lead the campaign to legalize cannabis in his state. His fellow citizens voted to do it — by 55 percent. Now adults can buy cannabis legally, in licensed stores, where they are taxed—and the money is used to build schools. After a year and a half of seeing this system in practice, support for legalization has risen to 69 percent. And even Governor Hickenlooper has started calling it “common sense.”
Oh — and Colorado hasn’t been filled with people hacking their families to death yet.
Isn’t it time we listened to the science — and finally put away Victor Licata’s axe?

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » March 20, 2018, 11:52 am

All I know is it's a crime to add tobacco to a joint. A proper spliff should last a day, rolled massive bomber style, build up the resin son.

Might as well not debate it much here in Thailand as most of the weed is just downright junk. Soaked in Chinese hair spray to make it seem strong aroma. It'll kill you dead after a few oz's.

Not sure you'd want to be baked here either with traffic this dangerous. Cops everywhere dreaming of icing a farangs on charges. During Thaksin times the pigs were merking anyone even on a ganja charge. Not worth the body bag treatment. And forget about hanging in the garden at night lit up on tokie. Probably a great way to get hit by a cobra. Just not a great idea here, better where it's legal and you can chill at a beach bonfire etc.

As to back home I hear weed has gotten like 10x to 100x stronger after it got legalized.

Tobacco & liquor industry the real ones behind the harassment Mary Jane gets. It cuts into their racket.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 20, 2018, 2:28 pm

back to the original question and article on cannabanoid efficacy in fighting cancer.. The article only gave very brief vignettes on the ability of a particular cannabanoid in fighting various cancers. Nowhere in the article did it discuss how the drug was given to the mice.. Frankly I rather doubt they were lolling around sucking on a joint.. It also doesn't mention what concentration of cannabanoids is required to achieve the results indicated although I imagine its in concentrated doses.. I don't think smoking marijuana would be an effective way to fight cancer, not one bit.. Also, in my case since my lungs are not the best to begin with, inhaling any burning substance would certainly do me more bad than good..

If various chemical elements of cannabis are proven to achieve specific medical goals the I imagine those particular substances would be isolated and refined to be taken via an injection or pill.. Legalization of marijuana will happen in more and more States within the U.S. but in my opinion it isn't about the potential medical benefits, its people who want to get high.. Plus, you can bet the tobacco conglomerates have a stake in it too and once it is more widely legalized (with the attendant Federal statutes repealed) you'll see mass advertising by producers akin to the cigarettes ads of yesteryear.... Having grown up in the late 60's I watched friends who became potheads on the far less potent weed of those days.. Some remained heads for years with little motivation to do anything other than work enough to stay high.. Luckily, most of them snapped out of it in their mid-20's.. With full legalization and the potency of today's marijuana being many levels about pot from 45 years ago, I suspect that eventually you'll see a national movement to stop the pot abuse that is sure to happen.. We've got millions of alcoholics, millions of opioid abusers and likely millions of pot abusers..
Dave

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 20, 2018, 7:07 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 20, 2018, 2:28 pm
back to the original question and article on cannabanoid efficacy in fighting cancer.. The article only gave very brief vignettes on the ability of a particular cannabanoid in fighting various cancers. Nowhere in the article did it discuss how the drug was given to the mice.. Frankly I rather doubt they were lolling around sucking on a joint.. It also doesn't mention what concentration of cannabanoids is required to achieve the results indicated although I imagine its in concentrated doses.. I don't think smoking marijuana would be an effective way to fight cancer, not one bit.. Also, in my case since my lungs are not the best to begin with, inhaling any burning substance would certainly do me more bad than good..

If various chemical elements of cannabis are proven to achieve specific medical goals the I imagine those particular substances would be isolated and refined to be taken via an injection or pill.. Legalization of marijuana will happen in more and more States within the U.S. but in my opinion it isn't about the potential medical benefits, its people who want to get high.. Plus, you can bet the tobacco conglomerates have a stake in it too and once it is more widely legalized (with the attendant Federal statutes repealed) you'll see mass advertising by producers akin to the cigarettes ads of yesteryear.... Having grown up in the late 60's I watched friends who became potheads on the far less potent weed of those days.. Some remained heads for years with little motivation to do anything other than work enough to stay high.. Luckily, most of them snapped out of it in their mid-20's.. With full legalization and the potency of today's marijuana being many levels about pot from 45 years ago, I suspect that eventually you'll see a national movement to stop the pot abuse that is sure to happen.. We've got millions of alcoholics, millions of opioid abusers and likely millions of pot abusers..

If you bothered to really have a look you would discover that cannabis used for cancer treatment is with cannabis oil, not smoking, as is typical with most discussions on this forum no one follows what is actually happening and succeeding, they stick to the old BS easy old fashioned statements, absolutely pathetic.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 20, 2018, 10:17 pm

MetalHeader wrote:
March 20, 2018, 8:55 am
Do you smoke marijuana? what do you think about cannabis legalization?http://bit.ly/2GIaIpS
No, I don't smoke it. There is no reason, medical or otherwise, for me to do so.

As long as a ban against the smoking is the same as applied to tobacco, it should be okay. I don't want to have to smell it in public places.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 21, 2018, 2:22 am

Keep my lungs clean, no smoke, wacky tabacky, or just plain tabacky, still particles of smoke paper chemicals, marryyourmother smoke might cure cancer, but cause another, letem smoke the joint, and have a big research program over 30+ years to see what the results are, OIL may well be a different better method of use, BAN the smoke, stick it up your backside and ingest it that way, that way you could have a.r.s.ehole smoking areas.
Master Builder

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 21, 2018, 8:56 am

MetalHeader wrote:
Here is one of many reason why you should support cannabis legalization :
Why don't you tell us how it has "benefited you in many ways" and also why you are advising a fairly small group of expats from various countries living in Udon Thani Thailand that we should "support cannabis legalization".
Where? :-k
UFF DA!

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » March 21, 2018, 1:40 pm

Jello wrote:
March 21, 2018, 8:56 am
MetalHeader wrote:
Here is one of many reason why you should support cannabis legalization :
Why don't you tell us how it has "benefited you in many ways" and also why you are advising a fairly small group of expats from various countries living in Udon Thani Thailand that we should "support cannabis legalization".
Where? :-k
They were just after getting a backlink for their the-bored-ninja.tk website from UdonMap, which they successfully got.

And in looking at the site, if you are wondering where all these new users and topics come from, does this look familiar?

Selection_999(163).png
User MetalHeader just being good at SEO in terms of getting his Bored Ninja site some links.

Here's where else he gets them from, UM being #8 and the highest DF & CF out of the bunch:

Selection_999(164).png
Selection_999(165).png
Dude's got skillz. There are a hundred more links in the report, shows that he knows that forums are always a good backlink resource.

So good, I shall use many of the same sites for backlinks for my own high traffic Chihuhua+Greyhound Cross Breeding blog.

Oops gotta go, my shipment of pogo sticks just arrived, see you all soon xoxoxoxo :guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

BangkokStick

Post by BangkokStick » March 22, 2018, 12:44 am

The quality is really too bad in this area...

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 23, 2018, 7:21 pm

BangkokStick

Post by BangkokStick » March 23, 2018, 9:05 pm

Do many people think that Thailand will legalize medical weed within 10 years, or are you too hopeless about this country ?

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » March 24, 2018, 4:24 am

I can vouch for this - a family member is now suffering from the long term use of cannabis. I've seen some remarkable things that this drug does with sufferers of Parkinson's, but still the long term effects need more investigation. The change in character of our family member over the last few years has been incredible, now with onset of paranoia, anxiety attacks, breakdowns, no money and all the other ills that come from that.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/ma ... m-effects/

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/47/16913

BangkokStick

Post by BangkokStick » March 24, 2018, 4:49 am

Philrjones wrote:
March 24, 2018, 4:24 am
I can vouch for this - a family member is now suffering from the long term use of cannabis. I've seen some remarkable things that this drug does with sufferers of Parkinson's, but still the long term effects need more investigation. The change in character of our family member over the last few years has been incredible, now with onset of paranoia, anxiety attacks, breakdowns, no money and all the other ills that come from that.

Do you really think that side effects could be better with standard medicine ? Different but not better for sure.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 24, 2018, 8:06 am

Philrjones wrote:
March 24, 2018, 4:24 am

Sounds like he was taking other drugs on top of the Bob Hope, the same happened to a few friends of mine but they consumed anything and everything some people simply shouldn't take anything.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 24, 2018, 8:40 am

Philrjones, next time you see Government sponcered "Reefer Madness" stuff, try to bring an open mind. And the "characteristics" you mentioned, are not from weed. Those are "other" drug symptoms. Maybe crack or speed.
Hope that helps....

Cowbie

Post by Cowbie » May 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Iam a smoker for 6 years now and counting. I start smoking a cigarette when i was in college back then my friend introduce me this marijuana and at first, I don't know how to smoke that thing coz its new on my taste but when i tried it it feels like heaven that's why until now im using it and unlike in cigarettes i only smoke but in marijuana i read that it gives me benefits in my body.

Return to “Open Forum”