Portable Oxygen Concentrator

Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free in Udon Thani
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Portable Oxygen Concentrator

Post by BobHelm » March 24, 2018, 6:40 pm

A friend of mine has been in & out of Bangkok Hospital for the past couple of months with lung (& therefore breathing) difficulties.
It is undoubtedly best for him if he can get back to the UK in order for him to have some alternative diagnosis & treatment.
However the Bangkok Hospital have advised him that if he is going to travel then he needs to get himself a Portable Oxygen Concentrator. I gather that they weigh between 1 & 2 kilos
He has only managed to find one supplier in Udon but the price is a whacking 150,000 baht.

Hence the ad.

Does anybody know of a source (new or used) at a reasonable cost??

Please drop a post on here or PM me & I will pass any information on.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Portable Oxygen Concentrator

Post by Marcosteffano » March 24, 2018, 7:09 pm

There $250-450 on eBay.i think your getting quoted for something else.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 24, 2018, 7:14 pm

BobHelm wrote:
March 24, 2018, 6:40 pm
A friend of mine has been in & out of Bangkok Hospital for the past couple of months with lung (& therefore breathing) difficulties.
It is undoubtedly best for him if he can get back to the UK in order for him to have some alternative diagnosis & treatment.
However the Bangkok Hospital have advised him that if he is going to travel then he needs to get himself a Portable Oxygen Concentrator. I gather that they weigh between 1 & 2 kilos
He has only managed to find one supplier in Udon but the price is a whacking 150,000 baht.

Hence the ad.

Does anybody know of a source (new or used) at a reasonable cost??

Please drop a post on here or PM me & I will pass any information on.
Lazada 7,900b

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » March 24, 2018, 7:29 pm

Bob, a purchase may not be necessary, I checked on this last year and oxygen will be provided by some airlines if they are advised in advance.

There is the danger that, unless it is already type certified by an airline, a privately purchased oxygen generator may fall foul of the airline regulations and be refused.

This is a link to the “special needs” section for Emirates which includes a section on oxygen.

https://www.emirates.com/english/before ... needs.aspx
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 25, 2018, 5:55 am

Might be worth looking in Forte, the medical supply company on the ring road, they have most things.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 25, 2018, 6:07 pm

Bob I hope your friend finds what he needs for an oxygen supply.

Some things to consider prior to travel as some have already pointed to.
-May be worth a check of the airline for availability as carry on and not excess baggage, cost saving.
-Is the unit permitted on the flight...TIT and things my need to be double checked. Check the Thai Air notes below. Confusion by the airline may be an issue if they think it is a pressure tank.
-medical certificate to travel and use on the flight and carry through customs and checkin.
-power supply on board the plane. It will have a battery but for how long the duration. Can it be charged.
-is it a quiet unit.

From the Thai Air website
Which items are prohibited in checked and carry-on luggage?
Answer
International law prohibits the placing of magnetised, Inflammable, corrosive, radioactive,oxidising, or explosive articles; pressurised gasses, toxic substances, oxygen cylinders, paint, mercury,munitions, fireworks and powerbank in checked or unchecked (carry-on) luggage.

In many countries, strong-smelling materials, lighter fuel and refills, fresh food or fruit, infected live animals, or weapons must not be taken aboard the aircraft. Such items are subject to confiscation and the owner may be subject to a fine, depending on the country. If you are not certain if an item you are carrying is prohibited, please ask a THAI agent before you arrive at check-in.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 27, 2018, 8:50 am

Thanks for the advise, guys..

Ailbaba have products in the $300 range - the only problem is that they are mobile rather than portable as the lowest weight range seems to be at the 7 kilo mark..

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 774di0UFL3

I have found this company in Bangkok that is selling exactly what he is after..
http://www.mic-thailand.com/Products/De ... go-mini/55
mini.png
Unfortunately not a sign of price on their site - which in my experience means expensive.. :(

Also this company, that do rentals as well..
https://www.oxygenconcentratorstore.com ... simply-go/

However, no unit price & the rental prices look very high to me!!

E-Bay certainly looks a better option..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORTABLE-OXYGE ... 0#shpCntId

The only issue there is the shipping time, which has a minimum of a couple of weeks (no problem) but a maximum estimation of 5 weeks (not so handy :( ) but no obvious way of ensuring the lower time..

Thanks again for all who have responded, I will try & keep you updated..

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » March 27, 2018, 9:27 am

BobHelm wrote:
March 27, 2018, 8:50 am

I have found this company in Bangkok that is selling exactly what he is after..
http://www.mic-thailand.com/Products/De ... go-mini/55
mini.png

Unfortunately not a sign of price on their site - which in my experience means expensive..
Your price fears appear to be well founded, the latest price on Amazon UK for the Philips SimplyGo Mini is GBP 3,156.29.
  • SimplyGo Mini.jpg
SimplyGo appears on the Emirates list of currently approved models.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » March 27, 2018, 3:36 pm

http://rainbowcare.com.sg/oxygen

Don't know if these are cheaper, but maybe shipping costs are less.

Return to “Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free”