Songkran 2018

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
Muncher

Songkran 2018

Post by Muncher » February 4, 2018, 3:07 pm

Good afternoon all

In udon during Songkran this year, just enquiringly as to whether there are any concerts or well known bands playing this year. Wife on my case to find out.

Alternative reason for the inquiry, the more concerts, the more time I have to myself!

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Songkran 2018

Post by parrot » February 4, 2018, 7:28 pm

I quickscanned Thai webpages for Songkran activities, but came up empty. I'd guess it's a case of this being February and Songkran being April.....too early to advertise.
But you can be sure that there will be lots of activities, especially around Nongprajak, UD Town, and Central. Standby......in another month or so, the advertising should kick in

Muncher

Post by Muncher » February 9, 2018, 12:41 am

Many thanks Parrot, I had a look too but thought there may have been some local advertising.

Cheers for the assist👍

Muncher

Post by Muncher » March 27, 2018, 6:19 pm

Good afternoon all,

Does anyone have updates on possible concerts in Udon during Songkran

many thanks?

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 28, 2018, 6:16 pm

As every year . this year will be the same as last year. More drinking and more people die.
Myself, I find it better to stay home than go out and get dirty water and some white powder put on me.
This I took off Thai visa: Police general warns men: ten years jail for groping females at Songkran; Songkran revelers can ride on the back of pickup trucks, but banned from splashing water on main roads
Lets decode this message....you cannot "grope" women, but in the bars, its OK. "Songkran revelers can ride on the back of pickup trucks, but banned from splashing water on main roads". OK, so you are banned from throwing water "on the main roads"... that would be Ring Road or Phosi? Are all the other roads OK, then? So, who wants to ride in a PU and do nothing? ten years jail for groping females...what if a woman is drunk or on drugs and jsut don't like you...."fill in the rest". As parrot said, Nongprajak is probably your best bet for "family" stuff. UDTown is for drinking and Central is for spending alot of money on BS.
Hope that helps....

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 30, 2018, 12:34 am

UD Town has the party scene going, next week scaffolding will be going up for the concert arena.
https://www.facebook.com/UDTOWN/
Master Builder

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 30, 2018, 12:36 am

Master Builder

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”