Ready-mix concrete

General Udon Thani topics only!
Muni2
udonmap.com

Ready-mix concrete

Post by Muni2 » April 3, 2018, 1:29 pm

I want to do a small cement footing where an existing metal post meets the ground. In the USA we have a product call Quik-crete. You just add water and pour into the form, no need to buy & mix sand, gravel. I went by Thai Watsadu this morning but they didn't seem to know. I certainly don't want to lug around a 50kg bag of cement (smallest they had).
Does anyone know if a similar product is available in Udon and where. Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Ready-mix concrete

Post by tamada » April 3, 2018, 3:12 pm

I haven't seen quik-crete here but I know what it is. Used to have it on standing order for an old Russian survey vessel I worked on. All went downstairs into the keel and bilges. Don't ask!

The only rapid filler I have seen here is the bags of 'instant asphalt' that even local councils arm their road-patching crews with.

Maybe someone wrapping up a construction project has a half-bag of cement left over that you can have? I will check with the BiL as he has ---- stashed all over the yard.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 21, 2022, 4:12 pm

Four and a half years after this last post, I'm wondering if Quik-krete or a similar product has made it to Udon Thani? Everything for concrete is in the bag you buy, just add water.
The best gadget is the human brain.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 21, 2022, 8:00 pm

C Pac .. co best .reluable and always got the amount i ordered unlike other supiers ... 240 strenght road dtiveway is circa 2000 k per Q

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 22, 2022, 2:13 pm

Agreed, but I only need .3 cubic meters. So I'm guessing the answer is there is no such thing as ready mix concrete in a bag in thailand.

Yes, I understand cement is cheap and I just need to add Sand and gravel. I know all about that and have done it before. Just testing the deep bench wisdom of the udon map crowd as to whether there is such a product here yet.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2022, 3:18 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
October 22, 2022, 2:13 pm
Agreed, but I only need .3 cubic meters. So I'm guessing the answer is there is no such thing as ready mix concrete in a bag in thailand.

Yes, I understand cement is cheap and I just need to add Sand and gravel. I know all about that and have done it before. Just testing the deep bench wisdom of the udon map crowd as to whether there is such a product here yet.
There is a sand n cementmixed bagged product avialble ..just add gravel ..

Cpac ready mix minimum.order for free delivery is 3 Q ....under 3 is charges on the location approx 500 bt in n around Udon

Dm

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 22, 2022, 4:28 pm

I believe minimum order for CPAC is one cubic meter, and I only need one third of that. It certainly is better quality and a lot less hassle than hand mixing, but since I need such a small amount I'll probably go ahead and do the hard work.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 23, 2022, 7:00 am

runrunshaw wrote:
October 22, 2022, 4:28 pm
I believe minimum order for CPAC is one cubic meter, and I only need one third of that. It certainly is better quality and a lot less hassle than hand mixing, but since I need such a small amount I'll probably go ahead and do the hard work.
Yes correct C pac min order is 1 Q ....plus a delivery charge, 3 Q up gets free delivery.

If you o ly need a third of 1 Q .. 100% buy a bag of cement n have a local bulders merchant deliver sant n gravel then find a local Thai to come n mix it if you dont feel.like doin it.

Cement bag circa 130 to 140 bt
Sand cant comment as i bought a 10 wheel truck load fir the whole job 8k
3 / 4 gravel.is circa 600 per.Q

Dm

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 23, 2022, 7:22 pm

Here's what it took: 4, fifty-kilo bags of cement; 10, twenty-five-kilo bags of sand; 5, twenty-five-kilo bags of gravel. Cost for all that was 1100 baht. Bought from the shop in Nong Sam Rong next to the army golf course.

Did the job with Thai brother-in-law, the wife, and assorted dek deks.

I'm too old to be working that hard doing the mixing in the sun. I should have paid the extra 1500 baht for 1 cubic meter of CPAC. I'm sure the driver could have found a home for the other two-thirds of the CPAC.

I'm wondering if anyone has used this product in the photo???

My wife says it's ready-mix concrete and you just add water. I'm skeptical.
Attachments
83202.jpg

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”