Football Rumours Mark 2

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » March 14, 2018, 4:01 pm

Southampton reportedly in talks with Mark Hughes to be their new manager !
Its only 2 months since he was sacked from Stoke after leaving them in the relegation zone.
Do these owners ever learn ?
So thats West Brom,Southampton and one other for the drop.....

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2018, 4:33 pm

The news that many Liverpool fans dreaded ....

"Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is prepared to stay and fight for his place at Anfield."

In truth its not unexpected as any move now is too late to influence the world cup selections and after the world cup there's nobody who is going to pay him anywhere near what he earns at Liverpool :-$

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 5, 2018, 8:03 am

Ray Wilkins: Former England captain dies aged 61
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43644529

I had read the initial reports that he was seriously ill after suffering a suspected heart attack.
61 is far too young for a former top athlete, but it would appear that it was at least partially self induced after giving up the game.
Always looked calm & in control on the pitch though...

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 5, 2018, 12:05 pm

NOT A Rumour, But A FACT !!!!

Police officers injured as missiles thrown at Manchester City team bus outside Anfield ahead of Champions League clash
Merseyside Police have confirmed two officers were injured when projectiles were thrown towards the bus.....

Smoke bombs and flares were also let off and missiles, including bottles and cans, were thrown amid the chaotic scenes outside the ground before kick-off.

The driver's door of City's coach was smashed during the incident and it is understood a replacement was sent from Manchester.

Both Reds boss Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool FC have issued apologies following the incident, while Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola said they "didn't expect that" to happen.

Merseyside Police match commander, Superintendent Paul White, said: "We are aware that damage was caused to the Manchester City team bus as it approached Anfield stadium this evening ahead of the Liverpool v Manchester City match.

READ MORE
Jurgen Klopp apologises after Man City team bus damaged during arrival at Anfield ahead of Champions League clash
"Thankfully no-one on the bus was injured, but injuries were caused to two of our officers when projectiles were thrown towards the bus. The officers and stewards are there to protect the public and keep them safe.

"This behaviour by a number of people who threw bottles, cans and pyrotechnics towards the bus is completely unacceptable and we will conduct enquiries to identify who was responsible and bring them to justice.

We worked very closely with both clubs to ensure the safety of the public and the teams themselves, and it is disappointing to see that a number of people behaved in this appalling way."

Thousands of fans had lined Anfield Road two hours before kick-off to give Guardiola and his players a hot reception.

READ MORE
Liverpool condemn 'completely unacceptable' damage of Man City team coach
And the atmosphere had been vibrant before the coaches arrived - with a number of people climbing up lampposts, walls and road signs to catch a glimpse of the teams as they arrived.

But supporters then started to throw bottles and fireworks at the Manchester City coach as it arrived at Anfield.

A number of red flares were also let off, making visibility difficult as supporters lined the streets outside the stadium.

Liverpool arrived to a raucous welcome moments later.

READ MORE
Manchester City team bus damaged amid chaotic scenes outside Anfield ahead of Liverpool's Champions League quarter-final clash
A statement from LFC said: "The club condemns in the strongest possible terms the scenes which preceded our Champions League quarter-final, which resulted in damage being inflicted on the Manchester City team bus during their arrival at Anfield.

"We apologise unreservedly to Pep Guardiola, his players, staff and officials caught up in the incident.

READ MORE
Watch as fans hurl bottles and missiles at Man City team coach as it arrives at Anfield ahead of Champions League clash

"The behaviour of a number of individuals was completely unacceptable and the club will cooperate fully with the authorities to identify those responsible.

"The priority now is to establish the facts and offer Manchester City whatever support is necessary."

NO Possible EXCUSES For THIS !!! But THEY Will get away with it as USUAL.....Simply because it's Liverpool F.C !!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

BobHelm wrote:
April 5, 2018, 8:03 am
Ray Wilkins: Former England captain dies aged 61
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43644529

I had read the initial reports that he was seriously ill after suffering a suspected heart attack.
61 is far too young for a former top athlete, but it would appear that it was at least partially self induced after giving up the game.
Always looked calm & in control on the pitch though...
A very good footballer who came across as a very decent guy.....RIP Ray.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 10, 2018, 2:44 pm

Rumour to end ALL rumours .....

"Andy Carroll is fit again for West Ham's final six games of the season." :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2018, 2:42 pm

Nice to see that Nepotism is still alive and well at Analfield :-&

"Liverpool are set to sign Steven Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan from Manchester City."

Members of the American branch of the supporters club, "The Rednecks" have given their full support to anything that "keeps it in the family"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 27, 2018, 11:13 am

Lot of anger on the back pages of the popular press today about the apparent offer to buy Wembley for American Football.
Absolutely no complaints from me though. I never though the FA should have wasted that amount of money on the great big white elephant. If they now have the chance to make their money back they should snap the buyers hand off.

If the England side deserve a stadium it should be in Central England so it is easy access to all English people, not just Londoners.
Personally, for the amount of games played there, they shouldn't bother & hawk it around the Premiership/Championship grounds that are the right sort of standard...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2018, 11:49 am

BobHelm wrote:
April 27, 2018, 11:13 am
Lot of anger on the back pages of the popular press today about the apparent offer to buy Wembley for American Football.
Absolutely no complaints from me though. I never though the FA should have wasted that amount of money on the great big white elephant. If they now have the chance to make their money back they should snap the buyers hand off.

If the England side deserve a stadium it should be in Central England so it is easy access to all English people, not just Londoners.
Personally, for the amount of games played there, they shouldn't bother & hawk it around the Premiership/Championship grounds that are the right sort of standard...
So long as part of the agreement to sell safeguards the FA Cup final which still has to be played there as it was a fiasco when played in Cardiff ...... just NOT the FA Cup final if not at Wemberlee.
Cant believe these idiots want to play Gridiron there =;
Don't they realise that playing one or two games a year will attract big crowds coz it's something different, but it will be a different thing if its available every week ......... remember Wembley Lions Speedway team 100,000 seater with 4000 attendance does not make for good atmosphere and Gridiron will struggle to match that after a few weeks .......... the only reason gridiron became popular in the states is coz they didn't have any Football or Rugby to watch

"If the England side deserve a stadium it should be in Central England so it is easy access to all English people, not just Londoners."

Would have agreed with that statement 100 years ago Bob, but with 21Cent transport facilities now available most fans can get there and back in next to no time. Unlike 12 miday prem matches which require coaches to leave at 2 am to get there for KO :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2018, 3:21 pm

HAMMERS IN FOR EVANS?

West Ham will make an approach to sign West Brom defender Jonny Evans, according to the Daily Mirror.

Evans reportedly has a release clause of just £3m if West Brom are relegated, with several other Premier League clubs thought to be interested.

West Brom are eight points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League.

They must be struggling to get enough taxi drivers for the fans from Upton Park to Stratford :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 14, 2018, 7:36 pm

I believe that Salford City who have just been promoted to the Conference are about to announce former Scunthorpe boss,Graham Alexander,as their new manager.
Watch this space....just a rumour for now.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 15, 2018, 8:58 am

There you go....... ;)

Graham Alexander: Salford City appoint ex-Scunthorpe manager

Salford City have appointed former Scunthorpe and Fleetwood boss Graham Alexander as their manager.
Alexander, 46, won 40 Scotland caps. He has signed a four-year deal with next season's National League newcomers.
Salford, owned by a group of ex-Manchester United players including Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville, have been promoted three times in four seasons.
"I have just left a job at the top end of League One but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith," said Alexander.
Alexander made 981 appearances in a 23-year club career that included spells at Scunthorpe, Luton, Preston and Burnley. He was sacked by the Iron in March following a winless run of eight games.
Neville told the BBC: "The amount of games he has played shows a level of character, personality, toughness, resilience and professionalism that we want."
Joint-managers Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley left Salford by mutual consent last week despite winning three promotions in a tempestuous four seasons at the club.
Neville said: "It had been coming for 12 months.
"They are the most intense, demanding winners. We are intense and stubborn owners. They felt let down over things they thought we had promised. We didn't think we had.
"We both needed to jump off the roundabout. It was spinning very fast."
Alexander added: "As a manager you have to look for certain aspects of what can be achieved at a new club and the possibilities here are boundless.
"There is a great deal of work to be done on and off the pitch to fulfil the potential of Salford City and I can't wait to get started."

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 15, 2018, 10:43 am

There you go....... Mystic Meg " Lives Again ".......

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 27, 2018, 6:21 pm

ROSE TO EVERTON?

Danny Rose has been linked with Manchester United every summer in recent years, but the England left-back is now a target for Everton who finished six places below them, according to The Sun.

The newspaper states the Toffees are willing to part with up to £40m to bring Rose to Goodison Park.

Strewth that's one guy I hadn't even thought about playing in the "Number 10" role :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2018, 6:48 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 15, 2018, 8:58 am
There you go....... ;)

Graham Alexander: Salford City appoint ex-Scunthorpe manager

Salford City have appointed former Scunthorpe and Fleetwood boss Graham Alexander as their manager.
Alexander, 46, won 40 Scotland caps. He has signed a four-year deal with next season's National League newcomers.
Salford, owned by a group of ex-Manchester United players including Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville, have been promoted three times in four seasons.
"I have just left a job at the top end of League One but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith," said Alexander.
Alexander made 981 appearances in a 23-year club career that included spells at Scunthorpe, Luton, Preston and Burnley. He was sacked by the Iron in March following a winless run of eight games.
Neville told the BBC: "The amount of games he has played shows a level of character, personality, toughness, resilience and professionalism that we want."
Joint-managers Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley left Salford by mutual consent last week despite winning three promotions in a tempestuous four seasons at the club.
Neville said: "It had been coming for 12 months.
"They are the most intense, demanding winners. We are intense and stubborn owners. They felt let down over things they thought we had promised. We didn't think we had.
"We both needed to jump off the roundabout. It was spinning very fast."
Alexander added: "As a manager you have to look for certain aspects of what can be achieved at a new club and the possibilities here are boundless.
"There is a great deal of work to be done on and off the pitch to fulfil the potential of Salford City and I can't wait to get started."
Great move for Graham Alexander ... i liked him and was anti his sacking by chairman Swan who is a proper plum ... now hes gone n given the Iron job to a No hoping yes man with zero footballing contacts .. GORD HELP US !!

Good luck to GA and Salford City .

DM ...nice avatar Zid ... wot loverly eyes the wee lassie has !!
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 28, 2018, 11:08 am

Yes,it was the eyes that drew me to the pic first of all,as well,DM ! :^o
Heres a larger version which accentuates her eyes more......
Narumon 5.jpg
As for Salford City...rumour has it that Graham Alexander turned down Everton before joining Salford as he wanted to be at a more progressive club !
Macclesfields star midfielder,Danny Whitehead,has already signed for Salford.....wages reported to be over 10k a month which is very good for the Conference and double what he was on at Macc and his previous club,Wigan Athletic.
He's got a young family to support so you cant really blame him.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Porto's teenage defender Diogo Dalot.
Dalot, 19, has a release clause of £17.4m but United are not thought to have activated it yet.
Manager Jose Mourinho believes the Portugal Under-21 international right-back can provide competition for United captain Antonio Valencia.
Contact between the clubs has been made and it seems only a matter of time before the deal is completed.
Dalot has represented Portugal from under-15 to under-21 level and made his Porto debut in October.

United are also rumoured to be after West Ham striker,Marco Arnautovic,who can play either on the wing or as a central striker.
Decent player,although he seems a bit moody and doesn't always seem fully focused,imo.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 31, 2018, 11:53 am

"Decent player,although he seems a bit moody and doesn't always seem fully focused,imo."

That is what makes him ideal cover for the bunch of moody half focused players already at Utd then \:D/

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » May 31, 2018, 3:14 pm

Frank Lampard: Derby County name ex-Chelsea & England midfielder as manager https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44283426

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 31, 2018, 5:00 pm

BREAKING - Everton have appointed Marco Silva as their new manager on a 3 year deal, official announcement imminent #EFC

Return to “World Sports”