New hotel?

General Udon Thani topics only!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: New hotel?

Post by trubrit » December 3, 2016, 7:12 pm

I hope you didn't think my post was a rant, it definitely wasn't, I am long past the point of caring enough to do that .
It was an honest attempt to explain the problem as I see it .Yes you right if your not interested don't read it, simple answer. But think about it , you yourself admit to skipping many topics as of no interest to you. I personally very rarely open more than two on my infrequent visits , chosen by topic or my experience of the poster. Now if we are all being that selective on what we read, whats the point either posting or advertising, no ones reading it . Bang , end of forum.
I have been a member, more than ten years and I can honestly say it has never been as boring as it currently is before .
Of course there will always be topics of no interest to certain members, but it's got to the stage where it is extremely rare to participate in a good debate .I am surprised this one has been allowed to go on , maybe I speak too soon .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » December 3, 2016, 7:28 pm

good post Dean,,, says it all really....

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 3, 2016, 8:52 pm

Not at all TB. just pointing out we have been through this and flogged it to death. but instead of pointing out advertisers, what about pointing out members for NOT posting interesting subjects. perhaps members just need to put more effort into interesting subjects,i think the real problem is the members not doing enough. chiropractor I don't need, dentist to look after what few teeth I have ,not really. F1 racing not really, bar culture... all been said before, murdered baby ..no thanks....English bye election. can you imagine what it would be like if sponsors didn't advertise, we wouldn't know where to get a sunday lunch , where to get a good beer, whos baking fresh sausage rolls or where to learn horse riding . we advertise to inform. where would Tesco be if it didn't advertise 20 times a day on tv. its a bit like junk mail, you collect it, glance at it in case its something you might want ,and then you bin it. everyone hates junk mail, but junk mail is a fact of life.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » December 3, 2016, 9:01 pm

papafarang wrote:same old stories, the prime function of UM is advertising, it also has a forum attached too it,
I think you've nailed it right there, Dean... but for some of us that remember the way it was a decade or more ago, it was the complete opposite, i.e. 'A forum, with advertising attached to it'.
It's clear to most that the forum has taken a back seat nowadays, and the site has become more of an advertising portal... no problem with that, although I have to agree with comments already made that without the forum side, the advertising (on the forum side) becomes a tad repetitive and overwhelming... which can induce a negative effect, e.g. pretty much any software you might want to download has Google facking Chrome attached to it! and if it's being force fed to me, I DON'T WANT IT!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

papafarang wrote:everyone hates junk mail, but junk mail is a fact of life.
I'd just like to give a shout out to the post office for delivering my recycling box contents to me every day
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 4, 2016, 12:39 pm

A few general comments....
12345 wrote:I do believe posting about non sponsor hotels would be the same as posting about non sponsor restaurants.......wouldn't exactly be fair to the sponsors.

Just sayin......

Along with ''Today's shopping tip" as sponsor vendors offer grocery items also.

Consistency.......
I don't see any problem with posting about a non-sponsor hotel which apparently is little more than a hole in the ground with plans to build a hotel at some point in the future. That doesn't mean that it will be built; we've seen more than one condo announced, model built, then abandoned. And it might be interesting to people who live or work in the neighborhood, as well.

the-monk wrote:I agree with Mr Maaka...I also got the impression that the sponsors had taken over, I feel that the forum has lost several old timers whose contributions made the backbone of this forum.

I think that i never visited any Udmap sponsor s premise so when i post my intention is to help serve the members,for instance recently there has been a topic/discussion about roasted chicken, yesterday i came across a new roast-chicken supplier, info that i have yet shared with the members. Maybe it would compete with some UDONMAP sponsors, maybe not i don t know and i don t care, i will post it later today for the sole benefit of the members which should come first.

If and when UDONMAP should remove one of my post such as the ones on << This week shopping deal >> i would simply close my account and move on. Most info on the UDFORUM can be obtained on other sites,,, would the UDONMAP sponsors be able to reach their target LOCAL clientele via forums located hundreds of km away ??
An expat based Forum like this one should be first and foremost an EXCHANGE platform.....
New roast chicken supplier? There's a fairly new thread about five star chicken. Is that the one? Not a sponsor.

It's true, of course, that sponsors can post more than non-sponsors. Sponsors can and do post menus, unlimited photos, maps to their location, etc. Non-sponsors can't do that. As I've posted in the restaurant thread, feel free to post about a non-sponsor place including one or two photos of what you ate (or bought), and a brief description. The fact remains that the sponsors are paying for the right to put details about their businesses on Udon Map.

And, no, we don't remove items from the This Week's Shopping Deal thread because the places to buy them are not sponsors. That thread is for shopping deals. I believe that you'll find that most of the shopping deals are from non-sponsors.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 4, 2016, 3:10 pm

Got it nailed in one Dean "same old stories, the prime function of UM is advertising, it also has a forum attached too it, "

Udon map for ADVERTISING, the FORUM is attached for Non Advertising chit chat =D> =D> =D> :-"

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » August 6, 2017, 11:32 am

There now seems to be a For sale sign on the plot of land next to Prajak Hotel,you'd think the main developers would be scrambling for it, does anyone know of any rules,laws regarding the building of a condo at the lake.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 11, 2018, 7:11 am

There is now a corregated looking wall ,with an advertisement displaying Nirvana Beyond,anybody have any more information.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 12, 2018, 10:46 am

BobHelm wrote:
December 3, 2016, 4:28 pm
If you see asking a question about a, yet unbuilt, hotel to be 'disrespectful' to Hotel Sponsors then it is probably just as well you do not own the Forum.. :D

Just an observation...
It is silly to think that a non-existent hotel is a threat to sponsors.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 12, 2018, 1:52 pm

Nirvana Beyond.
Attachments
Nirvana Beyond.jpg

IsanRealEstate
udonmap.com

Post by IsanRealEstate » April 12, 2018, 5:36 pm

glalt wrote:
April 12, 2018, 10:46 am
BobHelm wrote:
December 3, 2016, 4:28 pm
If you see asking a question about a, yet unbuilt, hotel to be 'disrespectful' to Hotel Sponsors then it is probably just as well you do not own the Forum.. :D

Just an observation...
It is silly to think that a non-existent hotel is a threat to sponsors.
Hi Bob and glalt,
Yes we know about that land and what is planned. We have a brokerage agreement and discussions are taking place.
With building regulations and compliance, yes, there is very strict procedure the developers must abide by.
I will leave it there for now.

Sawasdee Pii Mai to all
Stay safe over the holiday period.

Mangement
Isan Real Estate Co., Ltd.
Working with you, not only for you. http://www.isanrealestate.com

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 13, 2018, 9:42 am

mak wrote:
April 12, 2018, 1:52 pm
Nirvana Beyond.
Look nice, price of land there you must be looking at 25-30 million baht plus surely

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 13, 2018, 8:30 pm

Word on the street: joint venture between the family who owns the Prakatra Hotel and Nirvana Daii PLC.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 14, 2018, 7:04 am

mak wrote:
April 13, 2018, 8:30 pm
Word on the street: joint venture between the family who owns the Prakatra Hotel and Nirvana Daii PLC.
Cheers mak,as far as I’m aware they are the owners so that would make sense,I originally labeled this post new hotel? ,but I was hoping a condominium was to be built.i would have definitely been interested in purchasing a condo due to the location,which comes to my next point that there must be building laws/ restrictions regarding land around the lake otherwise the big condo players would have been queuing up in my opinion.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » August 20, 2018, 5:38 pm

Nirvana will have a 1-billion-baht joint venture with a landlord in Udon Thani to develop 30-40 single houses in the highend segment under the Beyond brand. Unit prices will start from 20 million baht, and the project will be launched this year.
Bangkok Post

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 1, 2018, 3:21 pm

Today was our first journey down General Hospital lane in quite some time. To the left, Nongprajak looks really nice.....lots of maturish palms. To the right, the sign for Nirvana Estates says 25 million to 60 million. Starting at 25 million. That's some serious dosh.......Udon!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”