Wanted: looking for land

Udon Thani property for sale & Wanted.
Forum rules
Udon Map Classifieds are free for member-to-member private sales. Commercial companies ARE NOT ALLOWED to post in our classified ads.
Udonmap.com assumes no responsibility for any classified ad or transaction conducted between members.
Members are responsible for their own adverts, please mark the advert when sold or if you'd like an advert removed completely please contact us.
This area is intended solely for members to sell their personal items. Replies must be kept to queries about the item for sale & rent & not about the suitability or otherwise of either the product or the price. Any post that does not obey this simple rule will be deleted. If you have any comments on any of these adverts or products, the general forum is the place to do so.
johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Wanted: looking for land

Post by johanthomsen » April 11, 2018, 3:14 pm

I am currently looking for land in the vicinity of the Udon Thani ring road... (preferred on southern side)

Preferred size would be around 150-200 wah
Must have access to water and electricity
Must have road access (some sort of.. Dont want land out in the wilderness)

And most important, it must be land suitable to build on, meaning no thanks to waterlogged low sitting land..

Price upon seeing what is available

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Wanted: looking for land

Post by vincemunday » April 12, 2018, 7:34 am

Hi Johan, my advice would be to drive around, find an area you like then just pop into the local shop and ask who's selling land, they always seem to know. My other bit of advice is to make sure you get a full unencumbered chanote (red Garuda at the top of deed) it's really the only full deed. Avoid estate agents, they inflate the prices far too much. Buying is a breeze, and if you do get a low bit of land just have it built up with lorry loads of soil, it's very cheap here. Hope this helps.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 12, 2018, 11:04 am

Using an agent might be the better way.all the legal side sorted for you.oh and I'm talking about a westerner not Thai.try to avoid Thais as their commission will be far greater when they see the farang with a suitcase of money.as for title deeds,chanote is best but nor sor sam (3) is ok.i know your only looking for a small plot but you'll be paying a premium price being on the ring road and needing all the utilities.when I was searching for land the Thais went into a frenzy of who could charge the farang the most.i was quoted nearly five times the price on one piece of land and bought a plot next door and yes for nearly under a quarter of the price.i wanted the land next door and its worth 250-300,000b and the neighbour who I asked about it came out with 500,000b.anyway good luck with your search.also when buying you should look into getting a usufruct contract on the plot as this will cover you for a lifetime lease.in fact I wouldn't of bought land/house without it.pooring loads of money into property on the strength of Thai love is a no no and we've all heard of the horror stories of farangs losing everything.

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » April 12, 2018, 11:20 am

Thank you very much for those pieces of advice vincemunday 🙂 I will absolutely note that down in the back of my head 👍

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 14, 2018, 2:29 pm

A friend of mine from the U.K. has just suffered that, he went back home last year and his wife went on a gambling frenzy, sometimes gambling as much as 200,000 baht a night. When he went back he owned a 6,000,000 baht house, several bits of land, a brand new Isuzu MUX etc when he came back 3 weeks ago she’d frittered everything away, nasty.

Back to the thread, Marco has a point but I still think talking to the local shop owners is the best way but it’s better if you can stay out of the way while a Thai person negotiates on your behalf, my missus did all the bartering when we bought. Buying and selling land here is very simple and there’s not much need for professional advice, just use common sense, we usually use a 50% deposit and a 50% final payment after the chanote is signed over at the land office, we never hand money over without sight of the original chanote either, people sometimes borrow against land and the deed is lodged with a bank.

Finally, there’s tons of land up for sale at the moment, bargain hard as the ball is in your court, there aren’t many buyers around.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » April 14, 2018, 2:53 pm

Thanks again guys and yes, I plan on sending my Thai wife or her brother to search/buy while I stay far away from any eyes that might see that a farang is behind the buy..

On the subject of high price on the ring road is that I dont mind if it is a bit further out.. I just want to get a piece of land to build on with somewhat easy access to a main road 🙂

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 14, 2018, 8:15 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 14, 2018, 2:29 pm
A friend of mine from the U.K. has just suffered that, he went back home last year and his wife went on a gambling frenzy, sometimes gambling as much as 200,000 baht a night. When he went back he owned a 6,000,000 baht house, several bits of land, a brand new Isuzu MUX etc when he came back 3 weeks ago she’d frittered everything away, nasty.

Back to the thread, Marco has a point but I still think talking to the local shop owners is the best way but it’s better if you can stay out of the way while a Thai person negotiates on your behalf, my missus did all the bartering when we bought. Buying and selling land here is very simple and there’s not much need for professional advice, just use common sense, we usually use a 50% deposit and a 50% final payment after the chanote is signed over at the land office, we never hand money over without sight of the original chanote either, people sometimes borrow against land and the deed is lodged with a bank.

Finally, there’s tons of land up for sale at the moment, bargain hard as the ball is in your court, there aren’t many buyers around.
yes vince the same old horror story we've heard so many times.they don't do it by halves do they.the whole lot and nothing but the lot.asking locally is ok if you keep yourself in the distance.i used a agent as it was advertised through him and I wanted the usufruct which he and the lawyer sorted out.i bet your mate wished he had one.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 15, 2018, 6:48 am

I’m not sure he thought he needed one Marco, he’s been married to her for 27 years bought up her kids, taken them to England, she just started gambling recently, before he went back last time I advised him to open a new bank account and set up ususfructs but he wouldn’t consider it, he thought she was “cured”, he soon learnt poor sod.

Usufructs are quite easy to have put in place, a visit to decent lawyer will do it and its a lot cheaper if you do it yourself too.

Pieter
udonmap.com

Post by Pieter » April 16, 2018, 11:15 am

vincemunday has a point '' You do not buy a packet of butter!

So always have to describe with a good lawyer !!

You never know in the future! so play at 100% certainty '

My family has a beautiful building plot of 600 m² for sale' ( Chanot color Red' ! )

Everything is present here / schools / university / golf course / Study campus / 7 eleven / Tesco / a day market / connection 2nd ring road ,and lots of rest and space walking and cycling area near the lake'

New asphalt road / water and electricity and what is very important, a very fast optical fiber internet connection!

Located in the zoning plan Udon Thani opposite the natural lake / Nong Bu lake (the second under construction Nong Prajak Park )

10 minutes from Central Plaza, and in a beautiful area in the city and yet the outdoor feeling!

This building plot is very suitable for a patio house 'given the fact that there are a few' tall trees in the middle '

Back of a forest with a small lake and plenty of freedom!

Can not send a lot of photos in this way, so please contact me' [email protected]

The Bargain price for the building plot is 750,000 Bath with buyer's costs to translate and legal costs
Attachments
nong Bu  1.jpg
Bouwkavel 150 Tarang Wa ( 600 M2 ) Nong Bu'.jpg

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 17, 2018, 11:04 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 15, 2018, 6:48 am
I’m not sure he thought he needed one Marco, he’s been married to her for 27 years bought up her kids, taken them to England, she just started gambling recently, before he went back last time I advised him to open a new bank account and set up ususfructs but he wouldn’t consider it, he thought she was “cured”, he soon learnt poor sod.

Usufructs are quite easy to have put in place, a visit to decent lawyer will do it and its a lot cheaper if you do it yourself too.
Wouldnt suprise me she blamed him for leaving her in charge.lesson to be learned here is always be on red alert,defcon 5 and get as much of the things you have in your name and don't be lazy at doing so.only downfall with usufruct is you become worth more dead than alive.since I got mine I've had to sleep with one eye open and stay away from balconies and give the dog some the food she cooks for me first.easy come,easy go as they say.back to the op.i think I know of a 800sqm plot with all the road and untilities in NWS for 400-450,000b which is around half the price of the other plot being offered here.also there's a guy out here who's on a budget and has a building gang and charging 1,500baht psqm a basic bungalow.he buys the materials.i don't know how they've done it but it's gone up super fast.

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » April 17, 2018, 9:36 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
April 17, 2018, 11:04 am
vincemunday wrote:

Wouldnt suprise me she blamed him for leaving her in charge.lesson to be learned here is always be on red alert,defcon 5 and get as much of the things you have in your name and don't be lazy at doing so.only downfall with usufruct is you become worth more dead than alive.since I got mine I've had to sleep with one eye open and stay away from balconies and give the dog some the food she cooks for me first.easy come,easy go as they say.back to the op.i think I know of a 800sqm plot with all the road and untilities in NWS for 400-450,000b which is around half the price of the other plot being offered here.also there's a guy out here who's on a budget and has a building gang and charging 1,500baht psqm a basic bungalow.he buys the materials.i don't know how they've done it but it's gone up super fast.
400,000 for 800sqm sounds very very interesting.. Im all ears 👀

I have been talking to a house building company and I really like the designs they are offering.. Its just the right piece of land I need for my project 😁

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 18, 2018, 11:05 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

My thoughts exactly,for some people it may end up painting a target on their back :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 18, 2018, 2:18 pm

Marco, strangely she did blame him! She said it was his fault for going back to the UK because she felt lonely.

I've put together my own building gang, they do things my way, not the Thai way, I buy all my own materials and pay them daily, I wish I'd done it before it's so much easier than hiring a building company.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 20, 2018, 9:17 am

johanthomsen wrote:
April 17, 2018, 9:36 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

400,000 for 800sqm sounds very very interesting.. Im all ears 👀

I have been talking to a house building company and I really like the designs they are offering.. Its just the right piece of land I need for my project 😁
I'll ask the lady as her noggy fella is away.would of preferred to speak to him.you do know where NWS is.22 minutes from central city.building cost will be a lot lower using local builders and never ever pay any of them in advance.vince and I have the same idea.find the workers and source you own materials.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 20, 2018, 10:23 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 18, 2018, 2:18 pm
Marco, strangely she did blame him! She said it was his fault for going back to the UK because she felt lonely.

I've put together my own building gang, they do things my way, not the Thai way, I buy all my own materials and pay them daily, I wish I'd done it before it's so much easier than hiring a building company.
Yes vince the Thai brain,not that hard to read.they blame anyone but themselves.ive seen many a woman gamble their other halves fortune and future away.im lucky mine don't gamble and only puts it around when I'm away.the last little bugger nicked 100,000b out of the crap safe I had.so she got shown the door and I invested in a good safe.she could of been sat here in a beautiful home without a care in the world but she's stuck in a lady bar still on the tools if you get what I mean.back to the topic.i found that you can build quite cheaply and get away with it but if you want any quality you will pay a premium as you need to buy imported materials.furnishing the house out don't come cheap either if you want western standards.bathrooms were cheap enough but kitchens cost a bloody fortune.at the end of the day if you buy 1/2 rai and build something like a 100sqm bungalow with a bit of quality you should be looking at around £30,000.not bad for a retirement home fully furnished.land price included on that.in fact I've just done that here and get 11,000b rent starting July.you would have to pay easily double that in the city to get the same sort of rent.

Return to “Property For Sale & Wanted”