Thai tax ID

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
tamada
udonmap.com

Thai tax ID

Post by tamada » April 3, 2018, 1:45 pm

Another round of questionnaires from a UK offshore bank regarding providing a tax ID.
Anyone get a Thai tax ID at the local revenue office in Udon? I won't be working here or paying tax here (retired) so has anyone obtained one in similar circumstances? If yes, what was needed and where's the office?

ta
tam

thighlander
udonmap.com

Re: Thai tax ID

Post by thighlander » April 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

Yes, there are people in your situation, yes, they do get the runaround. The easy way..open a fixed deposit that matures this year, at any Thai bank. Might be as little as 10,000, but no more than 50,000. 3,5,6, or 7 month maturity would be fine. In January, get a tax statement for free, from your home branch, go the Revenue Office and get a number, card, and they will process your refund for free, on :mrgreen: the spot. Otherwise, you will be opening a big can of worms. On a retirement extension? Then only job you should ever mention to them is "retired.". My experience was that they are very nice, but also inquisitive.

Nevoil
udonmap.com

Post by Nevoil » April 21, 2018, 9:50 pm

I Have Just Noted That Thanks

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 22, 2018, 1:56 am

you are welcome. Also, if you have a yellow book, that gives you a Thai ID number..that will begin with a number indicating foreigner, but that could be used as a taxpayer ID. It seems like it is a lot easier to open account with yellow, than with revenue office card.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”