Pakistani Food Restaurant In Udon Thani

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
sam0078

Pakistani Food Restaurant In Udon Thani

Post by sam0078 » May 8, 2018, 9:51 pm

Hey buddies land of smile someone said it right 10 days in udon thani and already in love with this city now planing to open business here so come up with good ideas which is very common Food but this time Pakistani Food i have notice in last 10 days i travel around the city and haven't see single Paki Restaurants well its great opportunity to bring Pakistani delicious food to Udon Thani you can view few Pakistani Food Pictures https://theculturetrip.com/asia/pakista ... ed-to-try/

in Malaysia Pakistani Food doing it great and one of my friend own Pakistani Restaurant In Kuala Lumpur already got his pigi bank full cuz people love paki food but i dont want to open in kuala lumpur cuz there are a lot paki restaurants already so lets try in udon thani cuz its different but i'm not sure how about Udon thani people so just need some advice before investment my money so :D

joepai
udonmap.com

Re: Pakistani Food Restaurant In Udon Thani

Post by joepai » May 9, 2018, 2:19 pm

Yes please - the sooner the better =D>
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 9, 2018, 2:41 pm

I like my Indian/Pakistani/ Bangladesh food. there was one a few years back but a very poor effort. they got the look and ambience right , but from all reviews the food didn't come anywhere near the mark, over priced and poor quality .. the best I have had is in Vientiane at a place called Nazim's nice roti and naan breads with a veg curry. truth is if the food is good you will do ok
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2018, 2:49 pm

Not sure if it's still the case, but a few years back there was a huge problem getting many of the various spices in Thailand. Not sure if it was import problems or lack of enthusiasm

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 9, 2018, 2:59 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 9, 2018, 2:41 pm
but from all reviews the food didn't come anywhere near the mark, over priced and poor quality ..
From memory they were buying 'meals' from Bangkok rather than having a chef make on site.
The food tasted like an Asda Indian ready meal...

I also have had reasonable Bangladeshi food at a couple of Vientiane establishments.

Problem for the OP is that North Eastern Thais are not especially enamoured with this style of cooking. Running a successful business in Udon just based on having Falang customers is not an easy thing to do because it is a small target market..

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » May 9, 2018, 5:58 pm

totaly agree with bob coment i would love a restaurant of this type but Thais do not like this style of food and thats putting it mildly and there is not enough farang to make the business a success

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 9, 2018, 6:56 pm

I will slightly disagree Musicalbars, my misses and other thais we know like this type of food, maybe not in large numbers if they haven't been exposed but some just the same.
This Pakistan style of food like indian allows a good chance to provide a vegetarian section to the menu.

I personally love this type of food, living in Singapore or travelling to Bangkok we always searched out Indian style. I lived and worked in Bangladesh for a while and their curries are slightly different and great aswell.
Look forward to trying if you give it a go.

Your post has reminded me of a show that is being repeated on my TV in Dubai at the moment about a Pakistani restaurant.
You will get advice like in this comedy skit from UM members. :-" :-" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPH5OhXC1A

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2018, 7:08 pm

And of course not all farang like Indian food :-&

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 9, 2018, 9:42 pm

well you have to look at it this way. I agree many Thais don't like it.. but look at the market, maybe specialize in vegan /veg
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 9, 2018, 10:10 pm

I saw an elegant lady today. She was 5'10" (175cm) wearing Pakastani type clothing taking photographs of the bakery products in the yamazaki shop next to Tops in Central Plaza late Wed arvo. I hope they are going to use them in their soon to be restaurant. She really looked like the stuff regality is made from.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » May 9, 2018, 10:49 pm

I think everyone on the post would love this type of restaurant but the Op asked for advice I dont believe there are enough Thais with the palet for this food and if it is not western style Pakistani food many of the farang wont bother many struggle to survive in massive tourist area like Pattaya for me Udon hasnt got the capacity of people for a dedicated Pakistani restaurant/

Kula Lumpur Singapore have mass numbers of Muslims Vientiane curry house mainly dont sell alcohol even Nazims has stopped so they obviously are not after the farang trade.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 10, 2018, 6:25 am

I used to eat in Lahore down the Commercial Road in East London, the Lahore is arguably one of the best Asian restaurants in the area, quite an achievement because there are hundreds of others close by. However, I don't think there is a market in Udon, there isn't enough of a Farang customer base here and I agree with the general consensus that Paki/Indian curries aren't to Thai taste. All said and done though if the restaurant was good, and that's a big IF, I would certainly frequent the place, I was bought up eating curries and would be really happy to see one open here and it would save me having to make my own. Good luck!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 10, 2018, 7:46 am

well funny thing is I make pies and they don't really sell to Thai's, I make sweet pastries for thai people, but I can still make a living just from pies, so no reason a curry house won't work. just has to be good

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » May 10, 2018, 12:01 pm

as I have said I would love a curry house but lets be honest a meal for one with everything starters mains nan drink is gonna come to 500thb how often is everyone going to pay that and all dapends on location.

I understand what your saying Dean but you sell wholesale and bread and have been known here for years and do from home trying to do a curry house with all the overheads will be a hard slog and food has allways been low on the list of priorities for most in Thailand thats why u have so many eating for 40 50 thb in the markets

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 10, 2018, 1:11 pm

keeping overheads down is the trick, open a place ,employ a chef, waiter , cleaner..rent and other bills and you hit 50,000 a month, as for 500 baht though that's way over the top. ok curries have lots more spices in , butter ,cream, yogurt ect. but like this morning the wife made garlic naan's which she sells for just 20 baht. I used to do the odd curry night , rice, curry, naan bread, poppadum's ,samosa's and onion bhaji and I can't remember but I think it was 200 baht. but too busy for all that now days. although I still like making naan sandwiches for myself ,that's as far as I go with indian

Imageupload gifs

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » May 10, 2018, 2:39 pm

YES, PLEASE DO YOUR BUSINESS HERE, I LOVE PAKISTAN FOOD. :) :) :) :)

Any "statistics" you see provided might be by potential or existing competitors.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » May 10, 2018, 5:22 pm

Try opening a stall at the walking street market/UD town night market. Indian/Pakistani food has strong aromas so shouldn't be an issue attracting customers and a stall would be ideal for kebabs/pakoras and the like. It would allow Thai's to sample the food at minimal cost to the customer and yourself and over time could build up interest and regular custom. If not then you've saved yourself a lot of time and money. (any money saved could be sent my way as way of a thank you but is completely optional!)

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » May 11, 2018, 5:17 pm

Dear OP (asking OP, not the competitor)

Will you have the equivalent of Saag Paneer if you can find a source for the Paneer?

I know it's Indian but still, miss it so, not sure what if any similar disk in Pakistan?
Attachments
index.jpeg
index.jpeg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
Last edited by jimjay on May 11, 2018, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » May 11, 2018, 5:20 pm

sam0078 wrote:
May 8, 2018, 9:51 pm
Hey buddies land of smile someone said it right 10 days in udon thani and already in love with this city now planing to open business here so come up with good ideas which is very common Food but this time Pakistani Food i have notice in last 10 days i travel around the city and haven't see single Paki Restaurants well its great opportunity to bring Pakistani delicious food to Udon Thani you can view few Pakistani Food Pictures https://theculturetrip.com/asia/pakista ... ed-to-try/

in Malaysia Pakistani Food doing it great and one of my friend own Pakistani Restaurant In Kuala Lumpur already got his pigi bank full cuz people love paki food but i dont want to open in kuala lumpur cuz there are a lot paki restaurants already so lets try in udon thani cuz its different but i'm not sure how about Udon thani people so just need some advice before investment my money so :D
I'll gladly donate 2,000thb. :D

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 12, 2018, 12:32 am

jimjay wrote:
May 11, 2018, 5:20 pm
sam0078 wrote:
May 8, 2018, 9:51 pm

I'll gladly donate 2,000thb. :D
2.000 baht is a nonsense load of curry, but I can dig that

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”