New Honda Bike gift promotions

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Barney
udonmap.com

New Honda Bike gift promotions

Post by Barney » May 18, 2018, 1:48 pm

I purchased a new Honda bike about 7 weeks ago and was told the usual story of free rego, free 1 year insurance, a free jacket (cheap type), free helmet ( not sure of the standard ) and a free Go Pro. All arrived
Was totally surprised that the GF was rang after the 7 weeks to go pickup the promos. She said jacket is a cheap one, helmet is OK, but, to my surprise is the Go Pro Session, is waterproof. These cant be that cheap. Now when I get home on the next R&R I can do the university course to understand how they operate. I ain't tech savvy.
Any one know if this Go Pro Session is a costly device and if the model is easy to operate?
Bike is a Honda Rebel 300.
Attachments
bike3.jpg
gopro.JPG
helmet1.JPG

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: New Honda Bike gift promotions

Post by BobHelm » May 19, 2018, 7:08 am

Certainly not a throw away item Barney..
In September, GoPro announced the launch of two new action cameras: the Hero 5 Black and Hero 5 Session. Both of the new cameras are now available to buy in Thailand, with the Hero 5 Black priced at 14,999 baht, while the smaller Hero 5 Session is 10,999 baht.
Go-Pro produce quality products & the manuals are fairly easy to understand..
https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero ... VA_WEB.pdf

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Barney wrote:
May 18, 2018, 1:48 pm
I purchased a new Honda bike about 7 weeks ago and was told the usual story of free rego, free 1 year insurance, a free jacket (cheap type), free helmet ( not sure of the standard ) and a free Go Pro. All arrived
Of those the helmet is certainly OK and if you have a use for it so is the GoPro. You will see that many police have them on thier helmets now.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 20, 2018, 1:09 pm

to know if the freebees are really freebees only 3 questions ...
did you pay the bike on monthly payments or cash , if it was cash , how much did you pay?...
and outside all of this , are you happy with the bike ? i was also interested in it ... ;)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 21, 2018, 7:46 am

kopkei wrote:to know if the freebees are really freebees only 3 questions ...
did you pay the bike on monthly payments or cash , if it was cash , how much did you pay?...
and outside all of this , are you happy with the bike ? i was also interested in it ... ;)
Cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusb
udonmap.com

Post by marcusb » May 21, 2018, 1:28 pm

nice bike, nice go-pro, I'd take the helmet back to Honda and politely ask if you can trade in and up on a full face. They're hotter but offer much better protection.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2018, 2:32 pm

marcusb wrote:
May 21, 2018, 1:28 pm
nice bike, nice go-pro, I'd take the helmet back to Honda and politely ask if you can trade in and up on a full face. They're hotter but offer much better protection.
Personally having ridden hundreds of thousands of Miles on bikes over the last 45 years in both hot and cold climates using both full face and open face helmets I will not use a full face helmet in Thailand. For me the extra protection is not worth the discomfort. My experience of accidents is regrettablely quite a bit less than zero and while I have tested :lol: a few helmets a full face one was never better protection in an accident then an open face one was.

If I were in the UK full face would be good but not here.

The caveat is that my helmets were always good ones, currently I have two Shoei open face.

Also if you want SWMBO to use a helmet you are not going to have a lot of luck getting her into a full face one.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

marcusb
udonmap.com

Post by marcusb » May 22, 2018, 10:46 am

Everyone has different opinions, I shared mine, you shared yours. Good to have different perspectives, the OP can choose as he likes.

Everyone I know/ride with here in Thailand that rides big bikes wear full face. Interesting enough so do their Thai ladies. The Thai ladies are also ok with proper jackets and protective pants for touring. Possibly we just hang out in very different circles or do a different style of riding.

I do agree with you 100% on getting a good helmet whichever style you choose.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 22, 2018, 3:31 pm

We have acquired 6 or 7 helmets over the years all in different condition and our little 3 person family group will always wear a helmet.
I don't tour on a bike so don't need all the leathers etc, I just cruise around UT.
But agree a good quality helmet is a must and I am always looking to improve the safety of what we have.
If only the Thais would embrace the use of helmets.
Not sure I will get a use out of the go pro???

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 22, 2018, 5:36 pm

145k is normal advised price,(cheapest i found on internet is 142K, not sure what included) so all extra's are freebees , mostly i try to lower the price more than getting some freebees we don't use , i am not sure all the normal small bike honda dealers have one in the showroom ? as the 300 cc version can not be bought at bigwing honda , as bigbikes start at 400cc , at least that is what i was told at bigwing udon , they did have the 500cc version in the showroom ,as info.. ;)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 22, 2018, 6:26 pm

kopkei I did check the internet not so much for price but how it performs as its a new bike taking over from an old Honda 250 model.
I only wanted the 300 model. There were 2 in the shop, a white model and a silver model. The red one purchased was delivered to the shop next day.
Actually it was stated as 146K but we got it for 144K, Got the same price 146K from a shop in BKK.
The Honda shop in UT, on the road out of town just before the ring road and the NK road, near all the new bridge works. There's a Honda and Yamaha dealer side by side, as far as I know the same bloke owns both shops. They know the missus as we have bought our last 3 bikes there. Get all our bike servicing done there.
They threw in and installed the small back padded seat on the mudguard. not standard.
The helmet, the cheap jacket, the go pro, the 1 year rego, the 1 year insurance.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 23, 2018, 7:31 am

thanks for the info barney , will be use full when i do my drive around for price about this bike ...
will post the result later , no time now... ;)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 4, 2018, 2:16 pm

Wifey found time to get herself another bike from the same Honda shop and changed the promotion to get a further 1000 bht discount.
The old yamaha 125 had 40k KM on it and was not holding up to all the crap roads out our way. The small wheels and limited suspension range just dont cut it with the potholes over the long term.
She bought a Honda Click 150i.
The promotion was a helmut, a cheap jacket and a Casio watch.
Had the discount from 63,000 to 61,000 and only took the watch to give the daughter.
Usual 1 year registration and 1 year insurance.

She is happy with the bike and the extra power and bigger wheels.
Attachments
e091119c-17a1-4368-b0f9-621f69d8110d.JPG
6679bc87-56a2-42e2-88d8-0e3b6a58033c.JPG
8c74c721-1117-4d16-90ec-e0c796b06932.JPG

Return to “Open Forum”