HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS? (TOYOTA UDON THANI)

General Udon Thani topics only!
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS? (TOYOTA UDON THANI)

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 20, 2018, 10:07 am

Do make sure that they fit the correct laminated glass replacement, if it's Toyota probably not a problem,

A few years ago we had a windscreen replacement under our insurance, then sometime later I was driving, there was a bang and the replacement screen broke, luckily it was still in place but extremely dangerous as the replacement was a plane glass one (someone from the insurance company had made a couple of thousand Baht) we again contacted the insurance who wanted to put in the cheaper one again, we pointed out that it was thier fault that a plane glass one had been installed and they agreed on a laminated glass replacement at no extra cost.

I was present during the replacement process the second time.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 20, 2018, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 20, 2018, 10:20 am

eagle wrote:
May 17, 2018, 7:07 pm

There are some more expensive glues, but normal one component glue dries in 8-12 hours. Before that old windscreen must be removed and old glue cleaned from body. It is 10-14 hours together and means two working days, even most of the time will be just glue drying.
My experience of having a professional windscreen replacement company fit my current windscreen.
IMG_4031-2.jpeg
Is that, although you could be correct on the glue cure time, that doesn't mean that you cannot drive the vehicle for 2 days. For us the time was more like 2~3 hours before we drove of in our vehicle.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 26, 2018, 7:29 pm

After much (maybe too much) deliberation, we finally settled on our fourth Toyota truck. Before buying, I visited our old dealer near Wing 23 (we've bought 3 from them), the dealer near Big C, and the dealer near Tool Pro. At each one, I flung questions about their vehicles.........got good responses from some, good service from some, but only good service and good responses from the dealer near Tool Pro. Today, my wife and I went to make the purchase.....our salesman, Jet, was extremely helpful and able to answer all our questions. We walked in at 11, settled on a vehicle and price by 12, went to the bank and grilled shrimp, to return for the finishing touch and departed at 5. No surprises....except one. Jet said we wouldn't get our bedliner until next week because they were backed up....but when we returned the bedliner (Toyota brand) was installed.
50,000 baht worth of insurance and accessories and discounts to boot.
The Toolpro dealer seems to have a very good inventory...as compared to what we saw at the old dealer near Wing 23 in the past. And all their vehicles (with the exception of a few out front) are parked in the shade.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 9, 2018, 2:48 pm

A few follow-up comments on our truck purchase from Toyota (across from Toolpro):
Went back to have window film installed......choice of about 5 levels of tint, we choose the dark 'legal version'. (The film was part of the purchase package). It took about 3 hours, but wifi and coffee and snacks and comfortable sitting.

In town today for lunch, got a call from Jet (our salesman)......our white plates arrived, along with our insurance papers from Viriyah. By my finger calculations, that's less than 2 weeks since we purchased the truck. That'd be the fastest we got white plates in the four vehicles we've bought.

Finally, the asst manager went to school in Boston and speaks excellent English. He's not a salesman, but can probably assist if anyone has a question. His name......Beer.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 11, 2018, 11:33 am

While having our new truck serviced for 1000km, Jet, our salesman, handed me the English owner's manual. Kao Dee, as they say in Thai
Attachments
Screenshot_20180611-112954_Gallery.jpg

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 11, 2018, 12:50 pm

You were very lucky when I bought mine from them in 2014 I only got the Thai version which not even my wife could understand.

She was also led to believe that there was free service for 100000 k 555 she took it in for the 10 k service and they got her for the lot she was not happy about about having to pay it the only thing they forgot was the Blinker Fluid.

This was SN Toyota.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 11, 2018, 1:21 pm

parrot wrote:
June 11, 2018, 11:33 am
While having our new truck serviced for 1000km, Jet, our salesman, handed me the English owner's manual. Kao Dee, as they say in Thai
I got the same great service -- top to bottom -- from Ford in Nong Khai.

The Ford dealership in UTH on Hwy 2 didn't seem like they cared whether they sold a vehicle or not.

Ford Nong Khai treated us very well -- and we also received an English version of the owner's manual. Excellent service all the way around at Ford Nong Khai.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 11, 2018, 2:08 pm

macca46 wrote:
June 11, 2018, 12:50 pm
She was also led to believe that there was free service for 100000 k 555 she took it in for the 10 k service and they got her for the lot she was not happy about about having to pay it the only thing they forgot was the Blinker Fluid.

This was SN Toyota.
Before buying our Prerunner, I salivated over the new CHR, the price was okay, the tech was what I wanted, and there were a few bonus offers advertised at the dealer that further sweetened the pot:
1 ทุกรุ่นฟรีค่าแรง 11 ระยะ 1,000 – 100,000 กิโลเมตร

2 ทุกรุ่นขยายประกันรถใหม่ 5 ปี 150,000 กิโลเมตร

3 HYBRID รับประกันระบบ HYBRID 5 ปี ไม่จำกัดระยะทาง

4 HYBRID รับประกันแบตเตอรี่ HYBRID 10 ปี ไม่จำกัดระยะทาง. One was
ค่าแรง

The first caught my attention......free service for 1,000-100,000 km checks. Except, that's not what it says. It's 'free labor' for those checks.......still an okay additional plus, but not what I first thought I read.
In the end, I didn't buy the CHR because of some reviews that were less than approving. But still....the added items were a good deal.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 11, 2018, 5:22 pm

Do they still had you the keys to a new car/truck with an empty tank?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 12, 2018, 9:31 am

yes, unless you negotiate better.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 12, 2018, 10:39 am

They give enough fuel for about 130km........10 liters. I suppose it'd be a negotiating point if one wanted to expend the energy

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 12, 2018, 11:11 am

I always get a full tank.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 12, 2018, 11:19 am

For years car Manufactures have been cutting back
First it was the Space Saver tire
Then it was the Lighter became an option
Here in Thailand and other hot countries no Heat from the air system (not all models)
Then the spare key became an option in some countries
Some 8 years ago I bought a vehicle in Qatar and the same as here a splash of fuel in the tanks enough to get you to the gas station
More plastic verses steel in the body

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 20, 2018, 6:50 pm

I understand it's human nature to brag how much one likes their new vehicle.....so, I'm human, I have a new vehicle, I brag.
Toyota Revo, Spacecab, 2.4l engine, Prerunner, 36 miles per gallon on a trip to Khonkaen that included two other lesser trips to Udon from K. 18. Conservative driving, 90-100kph to KK. 15.58km per liter. My calculations could be off. Happy camper.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » June 20, 2018, 7:22 pm

I used to work at a Ford dealer in the States, the new vehicles came with next to nothing in the tanks. If it was a customer order we filled it up for them, if it was going to sit on the lot we left it empty.
I bought a new TukTuk a few years back (bigger one) and they told me not to try to go past the first gas station because that's all it had.

webster

Post by webster » July 4, 2018, 11:03 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2018, 5:54 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 16, 2018, 5:51 pm
There are other conciderations here!
The cost of a new windscreen = loss of no claim bonus + excess payment? (3000 Baht?).
OK there is a crack but it is not dangerous just the outer lamination on the left side. If TGF is currently driving on shoddy roads why not wait a few months and re avaluate the situation = replace this just to have it hit again!
Even in Thailand it has to be illegal to drive with a cracked windscreen :-k
The windscreen is now classed as a see through panel and is an integral part concerning The rigidity of the body, if it’s cracked, your body can flex, should be replaced as soon as possible, Toyota are obviously amateurs and couldn’t care less in relation to good advise and customer service, like many of the service providers here.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 13, 2019, 4:23 pm

Window tinting ,i remember someone posting asking for information on this topic , can't seem to find it ,but have just met up with my nephew (who i haven't seen for a long time ) trained mechanic , he now also fits music systems and cameras etc , also he does Tints for vehicles , from what i could gather , there are 3 different qualities , each quality has 3 different shades , check around on prices then give him a call on 0637825537 ,his name is Op , , you will need someone who speaks Thai as he has no command of English

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » March 29, 2019, 7:20 pm

The door handle on my Toyota SUV broke. I went to the dealership in Udon. They shipped the replacement next day from BKK, installed the handle while wife and I sat in their lounge enjoying coffee/water/Tea and wife had a cake, all complimentary. Read papers, it took 3 hrs, but they washed and vacuumed car. Cost 870 THB. Outstanding service.
I am independently poor

Jase
udonmap.com

Post by Jase » March 29, 2019, 8:15 pm

Re: HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS OWD FELLA?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

When you have some damage that is covered by your insurance, the car dealer has nothing to do with it. Your insurance company will make all the arrangements and tell you which shop to take it to. I have had absolutely no complaints about our insurance company.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”