Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 1843
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by Lone Star » July 4, 2018, 9:32 am

Something new for me today at Immigration upon renewing my Retirement Visa. Since it's been a year since I renewed last time, others may have experienced this already.

The owner of the property where I reside had to sign paperwork today verifying that my Yellow Book is true and correct. A portion of that form was then stapled into the back of my passport (similarly to what they do with the 90 Day Report notice).

In the past, all I had to present was a copy of the applicable pages of the Yellow Book and have the Yellow Book itself readily available.

Just a friendly heads up for the forum. Image

PS - They still only required one copy of everything. They returned my duplicate copies to me.
You will never find a LIB willing to consistently Defend the Constitution, Promote Free Enterprise or Nurture Individual Liberty. LIBs work against all three.

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3576
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by FrazeeDK » July 4, 2018, 7:18 pm

had my retirement extension and multi-re-entry permit transferred from my old passport to my new one today.. It took roughly 45 minutes with all the stamping, writing and some computer inputs.. Upon completion he laid the new passport on the counter, showed me my transferred ret extension then said in Thai, "the fee is 500 baht.." I looked at him and said in Thai "your website says its free.." He colored up, stammered, gave a little grin and said in English, "oh, for you.. free!" Then I perused my passport and asked him "where's my multi-re-entry permit?" Ooops.. That took another 10 minutes stamp, stamp, copies, and putting it into the system... Don't be afraid to challenge those fishing for free money..
Dave

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 169
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by samster » July 28, 2018, 10:16 am

Just to confirm on this that, I entered Thailand a few weeks back with the OA and was given a 12 month stamp so, as stated previously, it will presumably be OK for 2 years if I leave Thailand just before expiry. Well worth the extra effort and, as someone who regularly leaves LOS, it beats depositing money in a Thai bank a/c

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 878
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 28, 2018, 10:39 am

samster wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 am
Just to confirm on this that, I entered Thailand a few weeks back with the OA and was given a 12 month stamp so, as stated previously, it will presumably be OK for 2 years if I leave Thailand just before expiry. Well worth the extra effort and, as someone who regularly leaves LOS, it beats depositing money in a Thai bank a/c
It will as long as you get a re-entry permit after expirey if you need to make a trip out.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
arjay
udonmap.com
Posts: 8334
Joined: October 2, 2005, 12:19 pm
Location: Gone to get a life, "troll free"

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by arjay » July 28, 2018, 2:54 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:39 am
samster wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 am
Just to confirm on this that, I entered Thailand a few weeks back with the OA and was given a 12 month stamp so, as stated previously, it will presumably be OK for 2 years if I leave Thailand just before expiry. Well worth the extra effort and, as someone who regularly leaves LOS, it beats depositing money in a Thai bank a/c
It will as long as you get a re-entry permit after expirey if you need to make a trip out.
Do you mean get a re-entry permit BEFORE expiry?

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 878
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 28, 2018, 6:53 pm

arjay wrote:
July 28, 2018, 2:54 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:39 am
samster wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 am
Just to confirm on this that, I entered Thailand a few weeks back with the OA and was given a 12 month stamp so, as stated previously, it will presumably be OK for 2 years if I leave Thailand just before expiry. Well worth the extra effort and, as someone who regularly leaves LOS, it beats depositing money in a Thai bank a/c
It will as long as you get a re-entry permit after expirey if you need to make a trip out.
Do you mean get a re-entry permit BEFORE expiry?
No. After the visa expires, and while on the last 1 year permission to stay.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 169
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by samster » July 29, 2018, 9:20 am

Aah, I think I understand.

So, if my visa expires on 30/6/19 and I re-enter on 29/6/19, I will get a 1 year stamp to 29/6/20. If I then leave Thailand on, say 31/8/19, I will need a re-entry permit when returning? Presumably the stamp will still be valid though so I don't need to extend or renew until 29/6/20 ?

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 878
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2018, 10:40 am

samster wrote:
July 29, 2018, 9:20 am
Aah, I think I understand.

So, if my visa expires on 30/6/19 and I re-enter on 29/6/19, I will get a 1 year stamp to 29/6/20. If I then leave Thailand on, say 31/8/19, I will need a re-entry permit when returning? Presumably the stamp will still be valid though so I don't need to extend or renew until 29/6/20 ?
Almost correct, however you must get the re-entry permit before you leave, you can't get one coming in. Some international airports have a desk where you can get the permit. When coming in write the re-entry permit number in the space for visa number.

You will get a new stamp with the 29/6/20 date on it

If you don't think you will be making more than 4 trips and have plenty of space in your passport then single re-entry permits are cheaper 1,000 Baht each.

It could be a good idea to get the re-entry permit from immigration in Udon soon after your last entry just in case something comes up suddenly.

90 day reporting is completely separate and required for anyone staying in Thailand more than 90 days and the count starts again every time you enter Thailand
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 169
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by samster » July 30, 2018, 9:30 am

Thanks. I appreciate the clarification

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 304
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by pipoz4444 » October 20, 2018, 11:45 am

For those who may be interested

Have inquired at the local Thai Embassy as to what I need to bring/show them for my application for a Thai Non-immigrant “O-A” visa.

I realize some that some might say, that some of these documents are not required, however this is what the Thai Embassy where I work, has asked me to bring, for my Thai Non-immigrant “O-A” visa (1 year Multi Entry). :-$ :-k This is in the Middle East.

1.Original Passport.
2.Copy of Original Passport (signed by Applicant).
3.Copy of Work/Residence Permit (both sides and must have 3 months validity left on it), signed by Applicant.
4. 3 x Completed Visa Forms with Photo attached to each. (Must be downloaded and typed from Thai Embassy website).
5.Copy of Thai Condo Title showing your name as Owner (if you have one).
6.Copy of Thai Condo Blue Book or Yellow Book.
7.Recent copy of Electricity Account for Thai Condo in your name. Its OK if in Thai.
8.Copy of my previous 6 months of Bank Statements from Bank in current Country of Residence. Must be signed and stamped by Bank. Need to get these direct from Branch, cannot download copies from the internet.
9.Copy of Thai Bank Account. Doesn’t have to have TB 800k in it, if your current Country of Residence Bank Account shows more than the TB 800K.
10.Salary letter from Employer, addressed to Royal Thai Embassy in Country of Residence.
11.Copy of CV is to be attached to Employer Salary letter.
12.Current Police Clearance Certificate from Country of Residence. Must be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the Country of Residence.
13.Original copy of Medical Certificate from recognized Medical Facility in Country of Residence.
14.Copy of Airline Booking in and out of Thailand.

So, will start the process of collating it together, for early next year

pipoz4444

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 878
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 20, 2018, 2:18 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 20, 2018, 11:45 am
For those who may be interested

Have inquired at the local Thai Embassy as to what I need to bring/show them for my application for a Thai Non-immigrant “O-A” visa.

pipoz4444
Apart from 14) it looks like a usual set of requirements.

It is reasonably onerous and that is why, unless you really, really, really want or need an OA most people get a regular Non-O if it's available or come in on a visa exempt or tourist visa then hop over to Laos for a Non-O and then get a 1 year extension of stay in Udon.

If you choose the visa exempt (I did) you can book a flight to Vientiane within the 30 days and get one way tickets for both routes (again I did)

Far less paper work that way.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 304
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by pipoz4444 » October 20, 2018, 2:43 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 20, 2018, 2:18 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
October 20, 2018, 11:45 am
For those who may be interested

Have inquired at the local Thai Embassy as to what I need to bring/show them for my application for a Thai Non-immigrant “O-A” visa.

pipoz4444
Apart from 14) it looks like a usual set of requirements.

It is reasonably onerous and that is why, unless you really, really, really want or need an OA most people get a regular Non-O if it's available or come in on a visa exempt or tourist visa then hop over to Laos for a Non-O and then get a 1 year extension of stay in Udon.

If you choose the visa exempt (I did) you can book a flight to Vientiane within the 30 days and get one way tickets for both routes (again I did)

Far less paper work that way.
I thought 14 was a must. Its just a Booking, not an actual Ticket. So one can book, print and then cancel after getting the Visa [-X

I thought the Non O were for Married or ........?

Given as I am not married, I also wanted to get a Multiple Entry, as I may come back to here and do a few 2 - 3 month work stints, after I have had a few months break from here, :-k that is if the offer me enough to make it worth my while. \:D/

pipoz

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1228
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by kopkei » October 20, 2018, 4:38 pm

non immigrant OA visa you can only get in your country of origin not in Los ....
otherwise it will be the normal non immigrant O.... ;)

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 304
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by pipoz4444 » October 20, 2018, 6:28 pm

kopkei wrote:
October 20, 2018, 4:38 pm
non immigrant OA visa you can only get in your country of origin not in Los ....
otherwise it will be the normal non immigrant O.... ;)
Thanks and yes I am applying for my Non Immigrant O-A Visa in my "Temporary Country of Origin" \:D/ . I forgot to mention it will cost me TB 6,800 to apply for my O-A Visa at the Thai Embassy here

At a point in time, six to nine months after I arrive in Thailand, I presume that I will then need to convert my O-A to a Retirement type Visa

pipoz4444

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1228
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by kopkei » October 20, 2018, 7:19 pm

i do not know exactly if things have changed? , normally non immigrant OA visa allowed you to stay up to +2years in los ,
you had to apply in your home country (country of residence ) and it allowed you a year stay in los and when you go over the border (border run ) on fe day 364 you would get an extra year extension or permission of stay or what ever you want to call it ,without showing again any proof of money/income ...i have several friends whom have done it this way (before).. ;)
Last edited by kopkei on October 20, 2018, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest