Debit or Credit cards

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Debit or Credit cards

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 10, 2018, 5:49 pm

747man wrote:
August 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
Just put my U.K Debit " Visa " Card into Bangkok Bank ATM Comes up as Card Suspended,Doesn't expire until 04/19,So came home & Phoned Halifax Bank to ask them about it,They checked on their system.....Man tells me Sir it's NOT Been suspended by us WTF !!!
Big red flag.
Where was the ATM?
That is one of the possible indications of a skimmer on the ATM
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 10, 2018, 5:56 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 10, 2018, 5:49 pm
747man wrote:
August 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
Just put my U.K Debit " Visa " Card into Bangkok Bank ATM Comes up as Card Suspended,Doesn't expire until 04/19,So came home & Phoned Halifax Bank to ask them about it,They checked on their system.....Man tells me Sir it's NOT Been suspended by us WTF !!!
Big red flag.
Where was the ATM?
That is one of the possible indications of a skimmer on the ATM
At My Own branch in NK Mate...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
August 10, 2018, 8:08 am
RE:Visa cards.Had an appointment with the manager of Udon Bangkok Bank yesterday, during our discussion he noticed my Visa debit card and promptly informed me as far as BB are concerned Visa is finished, no more cards with the Visa logo will be issued by them. Those currently held by customers will be honoured until there expiry date but will not be replaced, only by cards issued by the Chinese owned Union Pay. This also goes if you lose your Visa card you will get the chinese one . So hang on to the one you've got.It's ireplaceable.
On an associated note, users of the 1333 phone service are not able to check balance on line as the Visa card number is not recognised .My experience anyway, forgot to ask him about it .
This is still on their website.

I am not arguing that you were denied but I reckon there's a distinct lack of clarity from BB on what is still available. By the same token, there's a whole lot of websites that aren't kept current in LOS. I have the Be1st VISA debit and I get the prompts at the ATM that it needs to be replaced. My home branch is in Pattaya so it is on my to-do list when I pop down next month.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBankT ... 019_En.pdf
be1st.jpg
Be1st VISA Debit card page 1
be1sttoo.jpg
Be1st VISA Debit card page 2

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 11, 2018, 3:42 pm

tamada wrote:
August 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

This is still on their website.

I am not arguing that you were denied but I reckon there's a distinct lack of clarity from BB on what is still available. By the same token, there's a whole lot of websites that aren't kept current in LOS. I have the Be1st VISA debit and I get the prompts at the ATM that it needs to be replaced. My home branch is in Pattaya so it is on my to-do list when I pop down next month.
I can virtually guarantee that you will not get a Visa debt card if you replace your current one.

FWIW by BB ATM card is so old it is just an ATM card and nothing else and it doesn't expire.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”