Freight Forwarding - Receiving Agents

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Freight Forwarding - Receiving Agents

Post by pipoz4444 » July 21, 2018, 6:15 pm

Hi,

I am looking for reliable Freight Forwarding-Receiving Agent based in Bangkok or at the Port of Laem Chabang

An agent who can receive and clear personal goods that are incoming from overseas. Someone who

1. Knows the Custom Laws, what you can bring in and what you cant and what the Duty Payable will be on the various items - Personal items and whats are also referred to as "Hobby Parts"
2. Can arrange transport of the goods from Port of Laem Chabang to Udon Thani. I have thought about contacting Kerry Express, as it will only be around half a 20 Ft Container load (say 11 m3), all in timber boxes which run on wheels for easy handling
3. Who responds to emails and has a Representative who speaks English

If anyone has previous good experience with a Thai Freight Forwarding-Receiving Agent, based in Bangkok or at the Port of Laem Chabang or even in Udon Thani, I would appreciate knowing their Company Name

Regards

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Freight Forwarding - Receiving Agents

Post by pipoz4444 » October 15, 2018, 6:27 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 21, 2018, 6:15 pm
Hi,

I am looking for reliable Freight Forwarding-Receiving Agent based in Bangkok or at the Port of Laem Chabang

An agent who can receive and clear personal goods that are incoming from overseas. Someone who
1. Knows the Custom Laws, what you can bring in and what you cant and what the Duty Payable will be on the various items - Personal items and whats are also referred to as "Hobby Parts"
2. Can arrange transport of the goods from Port of Laem Chabang to Udon Thani. I have thought about contacting Kerry Express, as it will only be around half a 20 Ft Container load (say 11 m3), all in timber boxes which run on wheels for easy handling
3. Who responds to emails and has a Representative who speaks English

If anyone has previous good experience with a Thai Freight Forwarding-Receiving Agent, based in Bangkok or at the Port of Laem Chabang or even in Udon Thani, I would appreciate knowing their Company Name

Regards

pipoz4444
It would appear that I have found a Moving Company that has an office in the Middle East and a sister office in Bangkok, that can give me a Door to Door delivery service all the way through to the Udon Thani house, plus the correct advice on what I can or should try to ship and also what I should not try to ship. Going to have to throw some stuff away. :-k

Not sure if I am allowed to mention their name on this Forum, but here goes , it is “AGS Worldwide Movers”, with an office in Sukhumvit :lol: :lol:

pipoz444

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 16, 2018, 4:46 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 15, 2018, 6:27 pm

It would appear that I have found a Moving Company that has an office in the Middle East and a sister office in Bangkok, that can give me a Door to Door delivery service all the way through to the Udon Thani house, plus the correct advice on what I can or should try to ship and also what I should not try to ship. Going to have to throw some stuff away. :-k

pipoz444
I would be interested in knowing the kind of items they advise not to ship.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 7:47 am

I am trying to get a two man portable fire pump, and hoses from the UK to NZ, but do you think I can find someone to pickup, crate and deliver..Noooooooo...but will check out AGS..Thanks

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 7:48 am

maybe will bring one to Udon too

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 16, 2018, 11:55 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 16, 2018, 4:46 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
October 15, 2018, 6:27 pm

pipoz444
I would be interested in knowing the kind of items they advise not to ship.
There are Personal Effects and Household Goods and then there are Prohibited Items and then there are Items that most likely will attract a higher Import Duty :confused:

From what they and another have told me any Foreigner entering who comes in on a Visa type O or O-A, will automatically be subject to some level of Duty, even on his Personal Effects and Household Goods, plus the customary 7% VAT, but what that percentage of Duty is, I don't know yet.

Personal Effects and Household Goods: Must be second hand, purchase in Country from which it is shipped. Only one of each type of electrical appliances is allowed, with duplicate appliances being charged full duties. Generally considered as falling into the following categories,
1.Used Furniture items and House Decorations over 6 months old
2.Kitchenware and or Utensils
3.Books
4.Clothes & Linen
5.Personal Hand Tools & Small Power Tools

Some of the more notable Prohibited Articles appear to be, [-X
PC Games
Medical Items
Office Furniture & Equipment
Exercise & Sports Equipment
Buddha Statues or parts of
Firearms & ammunition
Short Wave Radios & Drones
Gold & Silver
Alcohol
Medicines
Food
Plants
And I suppose anything the Customs Officer takes a liking to

Some of the notable Items which are subject to Higher Duty amounts are =D>
Carpets
Souvenirs
Toys & Baby Items
Crystal and Porcelain Items
Wedding Gifts Can't quite work this one out
New furniture Duty on wooden furniture is apparently 28.40 of CIF Value plus 7% VAT
Works of Art Customs Officer will surely like this one. Tax amount unknown
Precious Metal Objects and Jewellery or Coins I am sure Customs would love this one
Household Appliances Duty appears to apply to both new and secondhand appliances
Electronic Appliances
Machinery
Bicycles & Water Vehicles Duty is apparently 49.80 of CIF Value plus 7% VAT

Cars and Motorbikes: Need to obtain a permit to import.Duty can be up to 213 to 250% of CIF Value

Once I give them my proposed packing list, they will come back to me and suggest to me any items that I may wish to discard (not ship)

pipoz4444

Return to “I'm Looking For....”