UPS Battery

General Udon Thani topics only!
Photoman
udonmap.com

UPS Battery

Post by Photoman » October 30, 2018, 12:29 pm

Hi
Any ideas where I can find a UPS battery , as I am getting short interuptions in power , causing me havoc on my computer .
Thanks

Roy

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: UPS Battery

Post by RLTrader » October 30, 2018, 1:08 pm

I get mine from "Advice" they are on the road behind Complex or as its now called Centra or something like that.
They might have to order, which takes a day or 2, then pickup and pay.

Get the specs from current battery and Name of UPS
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 13.24.46.png
They also have a web site
https://www.advice.co.th/

Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » October 30, 2018, 8:28 pm

RLTrader

Thank you for your reply . I managed to pick one up today that plugs in between the power and computer , works automatically when the power cuts , and saves me losing all my work , although I save as regularly as possible the Thai power catches me out .

Roy

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 31, 2018, 12:44 pm

I never replaced my sealed UPS battery with a new one just turfed it (only lasted 12 months) and ran some 2.5mm Sq flexible cable from the battery connectors in the UPS to a retired pick up battery. Been ever reliable for more than 10 years now AND the battery also powers my 3BB Router thus keeping it alive when the power fails. Also keeps an average desktop PC alive for up to 3 hours.

Not pretty but works a treat. AND NO, there is no problem with hydrogen fumes as the UPS only provides a trickle charge.
Attachments
UPS Battery.jpg
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 31, 2018, 12:52 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
October 31, 2018, 12:44 pm
I never replaced my sealed UPS battery with a new one just turfed it (only lasted 12 months) and ran some 2.5mm Sq flexible cable from the battery connectors in the UPS to a retired pick up battery. Been ever reliable for more than 10 years now AND the battery also powers my 3BB Router thus keeping it alive when the power fails. Also keeps an average desktop PC alive for up to 3 hours.

Not pretty but works a treat. AND NO, there is no problem with hydrogen fumes as the UPS only provides a trickle charge.
What a great idea.ive got a couple of dead ups boxes.now I've got to find the batteries.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 31, 2018, 8:59 pm

UPS replacement batteries are available from Amorn Electronics in the lower level of the main Big C. They're also available through the Lazada online shopping site.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 3, 2018, 12:11 pm

I replaced my UPS batteries with motorbike batteries. They are sealed batteries and as long as they are nearly the same size as the originals to fit in the unit, you are good to go. As long as they are the same voltage, normally 12 volt there is nothing special about the originals.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”