full 3d human body scans machine

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
yartims
udonmap.com

full 3d human body scans machine

Post by yartims » November 20, 2018, 8:45 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/human-images ... r-11558634

images from the world's first full-body 3D medical scanner, EXPLORER, have been released.

Developed by scientists from UC Davis, the scanner combined positron emission tomography (PET) and X-ray computed tomography (CT) to capture the entire body at once.

Scientists Simon Cherry and Ramsey Badawi believe the technology will have "countless applications" from improving diagnostics through to drug research and tracking disease progression.

The first images of human scans from the EXPLORER are to be presented at a meeting of the Radiological Society of North America on 24 November in Chicago.

"While I had imagined what the images would look like for years, nothing prepared me for the incredible detail we could see on that first scan," said Mr Cherry, distinguished professor in the UC Davis department of biomedical engineering.

"While there is still a lot of careful analysis to do, I think we already know that EXPLORER is delivering roughly what we had promised."

the only good Tory is a lavatory

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: full 3d human body scans machine

Post by Stantheman » November 20, 2018, 9:19 pm

Just a "way to go" for U C. Davis. Back in the day they were considered a second rate agriculturer cousin in the California University program

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » November 20, 2018, 9:27 pm

Quite impressive, but the imaging might have looked 'better' if he had evacuated first.

A 7 Tesla MRI from Siemens got FDA approval last year, although they have been used clinically in Oxford since 2011.

Wonder how long before the Tricorder becomes reality?

watsonwillam

Post by watsonwillam » December 15, 2018, 1:06 pm

Wow very nice technology.

Return to “Health & Beauty”