General Udon Thani topics only!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Big C....

Post by stattointhailand » December 6, 2018, 1:50 pm

rick wrote:
December 6, 2018, 12:35 pm
Since when has any official information in Thailand ever been reliable? :shock:

The only place i know of that has permanently stopped bags is the royal project shop. But it is coming, eventually.

So is bl**dy xmas .......... I can tell coz Johnny Matthis is doing his annual rounds :evil: :evil: [-X

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 7, 2018, 1:42 pm

No problems there today all of my heavies were double bagged so ended up with 4 extra.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 8, 2018, 2:31 am

Ive had another thought about this bring your own bag and pack them yourself fiasco . Dont get me wrong , i agree with reducing plastic waste and saving the fish and oceans ect .
However the checkout ergonomics here are designed for the teller to pack your bags . In the free world as i know it , the checkouts are much longer behind the till than the ones here , allowing you time and space to manipulate your shopping into said bag .
Also i like to check the till prices as they go through the scanner , as ive noticed many times in BIG C that very often some items are scanned at a higher price than the floor price . Never encountered the scanner prices lower , its always in the shops favour !!!
So how do you keep one eye on the till whilst packing your own bag ?
I know , i really should get out more .

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 8, 2018, 10:01 am

If you have one eye on the till you still have another eye to pack unless u only have one eye

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 8, 2018, 10:17 am

I really appreciate the checkout staff over here packing your bags for you.
Several times in the UK....in a big queue and struggle to open the plastic bag and the checkout operator just keeps churning the goods down ! :oops:
This only happened at Tesco,s or Sainsburys but never at Marks and Spencers...better quality bags ! ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”