Income Letter

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
saint
udonmap.com
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Income Letter

Post by saint » December 19, 2018, 12:12 pm

Good for you and your wife , and thankyou for proving my point . Some of us are no better than the Thais for dumping everyone in the same bucket . I dont know what world they came from or even what world they are living in now , but we as educated people should know better than to do that . Stereo type everyone with their paranoid views .
I know when Thais do it to me i get annoyed that i too in there eyes are put in the same bucket as some of the dregs that are seen roaming Udon .

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 19, 2018, 2:48 pm

Time to get us back on topic. In one of my previous posts I indicated that I was writing Bangkok Bank, New York to try to resolve all the confusion over their recent announcement by customer letter and their website that they will soon begin to require all US Social Security direct deposits to be processed with an IAT (International ACH Transaction) code.

For those of you who are affected by this, please read the following response which I received this morning, and pay particular attention to the sentence that is highlighted in red. I will comment further at the end of this post:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Firstly, I apologize for the delay of our response. I believe the website may have some typo and may confuse the customer. We will contact our Head Office to revise the content as deem appropriated.

As per NACHA rules, New York Branch as an intermediary bank should process the payment which come in as an International ACH (IAT) format as the final beneficiary’s account is in Thailand, therefore, the remitter of the payment in the U.S. is required to obtain certain additional types of information from you in order to send these payments in a proper international format through us. This means that you need to inform the remitter which in this case the U.S. government that your account is in Thailand and provide certain identifying information, including the following:

1. Your name and physical address in Thailand;

2. Your bank account number and the name and address of Bangkok Bank in Thailand which you may use the address of our Head Office at 333 Silom Road, Bangkok, Thailand as all payments will be routed and process there.

3. The routing number of Bangkok Bank New York Branch, which acts as intermediary in the transaction.

Since late September we’ve sent the Notification of change to the U.S. government for all transactions that come in as a non-IAT format so they can make the change in the format. We hope that our approach will assist in correcting the issues, however, we have seen that approximately 80% of the Social Security beneficiaries already have their payment in the correct format, therefore, if you provide the account name that you are receiving the direct deposit and approximately date of your last payment, I can check whether yours transaction is already in the correct format so you may not need to do anything.

Meanwhile, please visit Social Security website to update your address or information of your account at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/what.html as the form that the local branch has may not be an appropriated form to change the address and account information.

Thank you for using our bank.

Best regards,

Sirivan Chuaypradit

Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited
29 Broadway, 19th Floor,
New York, N.Y. 10006
Tel: (212) 329-9201

If you are interested in communicating directly with Khun Sirivan Chuaypradit in New York, then you can reference this email and send her your name as it appears on your account and the date of your last SS deposit and she can check to see if your SS direct deposit is already in the IAT format. If so, you have nothing more to worry about. If not then you can go into your local Bangkok Bank branch and fill out a new form for them to forward to Social Security which will have all the information that they will require to get your direct deposit into the IAT format. Or, you can go into your account online and make necessary changes there. Email her at sirivan.chu@bangkokbank.com

Hope this helps!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 19, 2018, 4:22 pm

Giggle wrote:
December 18, 2018, 12:02 pm
Two weeks after you geezers cark it, she'll buy her layabout brothers each a new truck and be back to eating bugs and field rat. It's how they roll.
My wife has only sisters and all 4 are married. AND, they wouldn't be eating rice rats anyways. They are too expensive. They would sell them and buy chicken. Chicken is much cheaper. Don't you know anything?

AND, when I pop my clogs, why would I care what she does as long as it makes her happy?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » December 29, 2018, 6:00 pm

US Counsel General of the US Embassy Bangkok speaking about income verification starting about 18:15 and again about 38:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEK91X0dCg

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 29, 2018, 7:58 pm

My standard of living here in Thailand is likely different than many others. I wouldn't like putting 65,000 baht in my Thai bank every month. I don't have any debts. I own a condo in my name and my wife owns her house where we actually live. I don't spend 65,000 baht per month. I'm comfortable with the 800,000 in my Thai bank. That keeps it as simple as possible for me. I think all Thai immigration offices have their own rules. As you probably know, if you live here, that immigration officers are NEVER wrong.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » December 29, 2018, 8:14 pm

Jello wrote:
December 29, 2018, 6:00 pm
US Counsel General of the US Embassy Bangkok speaking about income verification starting about 18:15 and again about 38:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEK91X0dCg
Great post. Thanks.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » December 31, 2018, 5:45 am

The only thing I found interesting was that the US spoke person admitted their (US UK) conspiracy and their Bullet Point “Income Letter” on their Thailand “Regime Change” list, while the UK spoke person would not do so in a prior interview.

I see by the Canada web site that they are still issuing “Income Letters” by appointment into next year. So maybe one of our Canadian forum members could enlighten us on its requirements. Also any other country’s requirements?

I had thought that the UK did some sort of verifying, but not sure on its requirements?

While The US issues theirs by taken an oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury which is a felony and carries a possible prison sentence of at least one year, plus fines.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 31, 2018, 7:14 am

RLTrader wrote:
December 31, 2018, 5:45 am
The only thing I found interesting was that the US spoke person admitted their (US UK) conspiracy and their Bullet Point “Income Letter” on their Thailand “Regime Change” list, while the UK spoke person would not do so in a prior interview.

I see by the Canada web site that they are still issuing “Income Letters” by appointment into next year. So maybe one of our Canadian forum members could enlighten us on its requirements. Also any other country’s requirements?

I had thought that the UK did some sort of verifying, but not sure on its requirements?

While The US issues theirs by taken an oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury which is a felony and carries a possible prison sentence of at least one year, plus fines.
Complete speculation but If you listen carefully it sounds as if the income requirement will be brought into line with the 400,000/800,000 method and only acceptable proof will be one year of deposits into a Thai bank or Thai tax paid income.

Probably with a one year transition period to allow for the change.

It may well make the money in the bank more attractive as if it follows the same procedures you will have to transfer in 780,000 (480,000 marriage) minimum probably more to account for FX changes every year as opposed to the money in the bank where, if your expenses are low, you can spend down and only top up for the last 3 months (2 for marriage)

The police order will very probably be published within weeks so then hopefully there will be clarity.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”