Grab food delivery

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Grab food delivery

Post by MusicalBars » January 5, 2019, 5:24 pm

To all food establishments in Udon wouldnt it be a good Idea to put yourselves on Grab food a home delivery service with zero cost for the business once a few sign up Grab will put Udon on the Grab food app it would be nice to support smaller businesses than having to order from the same MCd KFC pizza co hut etc not everyone has transport and surely it can only be another string to your bowe

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Grab food delivery

Post by deankham » January 5, 2019, 5:42 pm

I didn't think grab food was available in Udon? Wish it was as many times my wife's business gets asked to deliver large orders.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 5, 2019, 5:43 pm

MusicalBars wrote:
January 5, 2019, 5:24 pm
To all food establishments in Udon wouldnt it be a good Idea to put yourselves on Grab food a home delivery service with zero cost for the business once a few sign up Grab will put Udon on the Grab food app it would be nice to support smaller businesses than having to order from the same MCd KFC pizza co hut etc not everyone has transport and surely it can only be another string to your bowe
If they are anything like Uber Food in London,Yer might get HALF of yer order delivered,The Drivers have been filmed stopped & Helping themselves,Others have been seen to SPITTING Into the order..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2019, 5:47 pm

747man wrote:
January 5, 2019, 5:43 pm
MusicalBars wrote:
January 5, 2019, 5:24 pm
If they are anything like Uber Food in London,Yer might get HALF of yer order delivered,The Drivers have been filmed stopped & Helping themselves,Others have been seen to SPITTING Into the order..... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not a fan of Uber n Grab then Alan ?? ... why is that the i wonder ??
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 5, 2019, 6:42 pm

no I guess a cabbie wouldnt promote them in any shape or form however dont see how it effects you in Udon just think if a few places signed up would be better than what has been tried before and failed where a new business along the lines of wow in pattaya has to be set up with wages to pay and staff to run it then goes bust within 2months this uses exiting drivers but until a few sign up it wont happen

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 5, 2019, 6:46 pm

deankham wrote:
January 5, 2019, 5:42 pm
I didn't think grab food was available in Udon? Wish it was as many times my wife's business gets asked to deliver large orders.
As yet only Bangkok but if you look at there site if they get enough signups they will do udon just think its a bit of a wasted opertunity and some may not know it could exist

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » January 5, 2019, 8:28 pm

the ones in UK have been found to be operating from shipping containers in filthy conditions ..deliveroo etc .you cant be sure of the hygene in the kitches
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » January 5, 2019, 8:41 pm

yartims wrote:
January 5, 2019, 8:28 pm
the ones in UK have been found to be operating from shipping containers in filthy conditions ..deliveroo etc .you cant be sure of the hygene in the kitches
This isn't about the UK. It'd be a great service if available so at least try get it up and running in Udon before passing judgement. What have you got to lose?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 5, 2019, 8:46 pm

Not a fan of Uber n Grab then Alan ?? ... why is that the i wonder ??......No Jon,I Think you KNOW the Answer.....

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 5, 2019, 9:09 pm

Sateeb wrote:
January 5, 2019, 8:41 pm
yartims wrote:
January 5, 2019, 8:28 pm
This isn't about the UK. It'd be a great service if available so at least try get it up and running in Udon before passing judgement. What have you got to lose?
Thanks Sateeb I was thinking same would be a great service to have and you would pick the places you know in a town that keeps saying business is dying you would hope this could inject some life into it and stop only paying money to the big guns

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 5, 2019, 9:27 pm

You can get chicken, burgers, and pizza delivered. What else is there? No haggis delivery? Mushy peas and warm beer don't travel well. If there were enough demand, the piemen, kebab and curry vendors would organize a bicycle delivery service to their clientele all located within 200 meters of Nutty Park.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 6, 2019, 8:08 am

Giggle wrote:
January 5, 2019, 9:27 pm
You can get chicken, burgers, and pizza delivered. What else is there? No haggis delivery? Mushy peas and warm beer don't travel well. If there were enough demand, the piemen, kebab and curry vendors would organize a bicycle delivery service to their clientele all located within 200 meters of Nutty Park.
Even with your usual colourful language I find myself agreeing with you :D , other than pizza I never feel like food tastes the same delivered .In the UK I was fortunate to have a fish and chip shop not more than 15yrds across the road with a curry house another 4 doors away. Here in udon I use pizza company delivery and sometimes a Thai takeaway mot more than 100 yards from my estate but to be honest that don’t taste as good as sitting at the restaurant.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 6, 2019, 10:12 am

yes if all you wanted to cover was 200 meters this would mean around 7km in any direction as for everything thats anygood being available all ready bunkum this kind of food delivery has been going strong in Pattaya for over 10 years and many people allready collect takeaway if there out in town or wherever so I see no real difference in the UK I would have never dreamed of getting a sunday lunch delivered but after having the option before I would much prefer it to a mass produced pizza that arrives within 20 mins that never comes the same as they are thrown together by disintrested kids

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 6, 2019, 10:36 am

MusicalBars wrote:
January 6, 2019, 10:12 am
yes if all you wanted to cover was 200 meters this would mean around 7km in any direction as for everything thats anygood being available all ready bunkum this kind of food delivery has been going strong in Pattaya for over 10 years and many people allready collect takeaway if there out in town or wherever so I see no real difference in the UK I would have never dreamed of getting a sunday lunch delivered but after having the option before I would much prefer it to a mass produced pizza that arrives within 20 mins that never comes the same as they are thrown together by disintrested kids
MB you have mentioned Sunday lunch, I see the Brick House is offering one which at the first opportunity I can’t wait to go and try judging by the pictures it looks good,but to have it delivered just wouldn’t be for me,when I get a craving for an English dinner I tend to go and purchase pies from places like TIT and pick some fresh vegetables up ,it might be I’m just a fussy eater :D

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » January 6, 2019, 11:25 am

My intention isn’t to be negative it’s just a personal opinion,I never thought these food delivery internet companies would have taken off but they’ve proved me wrong, giggle is right though demand will dictate.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 6, 2019, 1:01 pm

Chuchi wrote:
January 6, 2019, 10:36 am
MusicalBars wrote:
January 6, 2019, 10:12 am
MB you have mentioned Sunday lunch, I see the Brick House is offering one which at the first opportunity I can’t wait to go and try judging by the pictures it looks good,but to have it delivered just wouldn’t be for me,when I get a craving for an English dinner I tend to go and purchase pies from places like TIT and pick some fresh vegetables up ,it might be I’m just a fussy eater :D
I go to the Brick House every week for sunday lunch and it is superb but I am going into town for other reasons as I do a few times a week but not having transport this type of service would be great for me unfoetunatley demand can not dictate until establishments sign up to the Grab app enabling grab and the outlets to see if viable

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » January 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Hi Musicalbars,
Thanks for bringing up the subject.
I am not interested in organizing, but I would certainly join.
Cheers
Maxx

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

individual businesses need to register there interest with Grab and they will get back to them when enough people have joined no group organisation required

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”