Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

General Udon Thani topics only!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by semperfiguy » January 6, 2019, 2:21 pm

Nothing new here....just more confusion that lends itself to a multitude of interpretations and still gives each office the latitude to interpret it the way that best suits them and not us!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration reveals new requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 6, 2019, 2:43 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
January 6, 2019, 2:21 pm
Nothing new here....just more confusion that lends itself to a multitude of interpretations and still gives each office the latitude to interpret it the way that best suits them and not us!
Lots of wittering but
no confusion from immigration. Clarity on requirements.

For income only
The 4 countries have to have transfers in to a Thai bank from abroad every month to a minimum average of over 40,000 or over 65,000 per month for 1 year (probable allowance for a partial year proof in 2019). The banks are working on a document for immigration.

No change on money in the bank 400k or 800k
No change for citizens whose embassies issue documents.

This above is a Rough translation of the Thai under.
IMG_6227.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 6, 2019, 4:50 pm

So for years the website for doing the Online 90 day report hasen't been working,or working sometimes.But instead of fixing that,they do something else,like the above..I personally have no problem with this "new"rules,but other might.
Well another day in Thailand..have a great afternoon everyone.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm

Business as usual

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 6, 2019, 8:55 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
January 6, 2019, 4:50 pm
So for years the website for doing the Online 90 day report hasen't been working,or working sometimes.But instead of fixing that,they do something else,like the above..I personally have no problem with this "new"rules,but other might.
Well another day in Thailand..have a great afternoon everyone.
the extension rules are a bit more important, as without that quite a few people would have to quit thailand :roll:
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 7, 2019, 5:35 am

skinner wrote:
January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm
Business as usual
Not for "Ms Udon's Dodgy Visa Service" --- She is about to see her business double +.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 7, 2019, 10:25 am

The requirements for Marriage Extension/Retirement haven't changed as far as I can see - ie 400/800k.

Are there additional funds now needed to be deposited monthly?
Is this correct?

As I can't grasp why there is over 800 posts on tvf about this.... seems alot of droning on there.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 7, 2019, 11:32 am

As my post above
Faraday wrote:
January 7, 2019, 10:25 am
The requirements for Marriage Extension/Retirement haven't changed as far as I can see - ie 400/800k.
For a lump sum deposit, correct no change
Are there additional funds now needed to be deposited monthly?
Is this correct.
No additional money is needed if you have the lump sum
As I can't grasp why there is over 800 posts on tvf about this.... seems alot of droning on there.
Moderate to total inability to understand what has changed and doomsayers?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 7, 2019, 11:37 am

^^

Thanks for your help.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » January 7, 2019, 2:37 pm

As previously said...
The new rules recently published (depositing 40/65000 monthly into your Thai account) are to facilitate those who used the income/method via the Embassy Letter. Some Embassies did away with this letter so Imm has come up with an alternative to this method. This will also assist if you used or wish to use the combo method (Income + Cash in Bank)
As far as anyone knows the cash in bank (400/800,000) remains the same.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

A professional translation of the above Thai documents

The word pension is used, my speculation is that the word pension in Thai may have a different meaning than the English word and so may include other sources of income.
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6243.JPG
IMG_6241.JPG

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 7, 2019, 4:49 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
January 7, 2019, 5:35 am
skinner wrote:
January 6, 2019, 7:25 pm
Business as usual
Not for "Ms Udon's Dodgy Visa Service" --- She is about to see her business double +.
NOT From what I've just been Told.....She is now Surplus to requirements.. :shock: ie: She's been TOLD She cannot do,Anymore... [-X [-X

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 8, 2019, 11:22 am

CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 8, 2019, 11:37 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
January 8, 2019, 11:22 am
CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news
"Income Method" only ... as shown in the heading.
I think sometimewoodworker has tried in vain to communicate this over and over again -- as have others. The method of using the Thai bank account amounts of 400,000 and 800,000 is still in force -- unless they change/eliminate it at some point (which I don't see happening).
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2019, 12:51 pm

Not sure of the thoroughness of the translation. The marriage/dependent lower threshold option states 'average income must not be less than 40,000 baht per month' whereas the retirement higher threshold option states 'income not less than 65,000 baht monthly' with no mention of averaging. If this is a correct translation, married/dependent option users have a bit more flexibility than the retirees? Pretty clear that in both instances, it has to be monthly so that buggers up some that prefer quarterly or otherwise irregular transfers.
p1.jpg
Marriage option
p2.jpg
Retirement option

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Do I assume that merely having 65k+ thb every month is not enough they also want embassy certification still required!!
Is that the Thai embassy in London or the UK embassy in BKK?
If later then only 800k a/c balance will do for UK guys

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2019, 1:05 pm

vidmaster wrote:
January 8, 2019, 12:55 pm
Do I assume that merely having 65k+ thb every month is not enough they also want embassy certification still required!!
Is that the Thai embassy in London or the UK embassy in BKK?
If later then only 800k a/c balance will do for UK guys
If your embassy still issues letters, you still have that option. However, since the British Embassy in Bangkok is one of four that don't do any form of income support paperwork any more, it's either:

A ) Proof of the lump sum(s) in your account with a Thai bank, appropriately seasoned (NO CHANGE)
OR
B ) Proof from your Thai bank of the required monthly minimums posted to your Thai bank account from overseas.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Do not Read this for lump sum requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 8, 2019, 2:12 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 8, 2019, 11:37 am

I think sometimewoodworker has tried in vain to communicate this over and over again -- as have others. The method of using the Thai bank account amounts of 400,000 and 800,000 is still in force -- unless they change/eliminate it at some point (which I don't see happening).
Thanks LS
I have

The new change is a change to ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU No. 138/2557 Subject: Supporting documents for Consideration of an Alien's Application for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand

Read that order with the changes.

The other relevant order is
ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU No. 327/2557 Subject: Criteria and Conditions for Consideration of an Alien's Application for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.

There is no change published for that so it is still enforce

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Do not Read this for lump sum requirements for retirement, marriage extensions (visas)

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 8, 2019, 2:43 pm

tamada wrote:
January 8, 2019, 12:51 pm
Not sure of the thoroughness of the translation. The marriage/dependent lower threshold option states 'average income must not be less than 40,000 baht per month' whereas the retirement higher threshold option states 'income not less than 65,000 baht monthly' with no mention of averaging. If this is a correct translation, married/dependent option users have a bit more flexibility than the retirees? Pretty clear that in both instances, it has to be monthly so that buggers up some that prefer quarterly or otherwise irregular transfers.
It is correct, no average for retirement, 12 monthly transfers for both, average for married or thai kid extension

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”