How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Post by parrot » January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

I've read a lot about the woes of slow internet......TOT among all the others. I think what some aren't aware of is.....if you had your TOT fiber line installed a year or more back, the company offers free upgrades that may significantly boost your speed.....and reduce your monthly bill at the same time. All you have to do is ask. For example, over a year ago, the envelope for my TOT monthly bill mentioned higher speeds at a lower price than I was paying for. I went to the office and inquired. No problem, they gave me a form to sign and a few hours later, Lily Tomlin's Thai modern-day clone probably sat in a back room and, while huddled there with her smartphone to check all her latest LINE messages, she flipped a switch and whalla.....my speed was boosted and my bill was reduced 100 Baht/month.
My Swiss neighbor runs off the same main fiber line as we do......but he was complaining about youtube constantly buffering. I showed him my speedtest results and suggested a visit to TOT.......his wife in typical Thai fashion, reluctant. But finally she went.....and came out with the same results as I had.

This may not work for everyone who has TOT, but if you're experiencing slow speeds, a visit to the office might work....and save you some cash at the same time.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Post by Lone Star » January 23, 2019, 3:56 pm

parrot wrote:
January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
I've read a lot about the woes of slow internet......TOT among all the others. I think what some aren't aware of is.....if you had your TOT fiber line installed a year or more back, the company offers free upgrades that may significantly boost your speed.....and reduce your monthly bill at the same time. All you have to do is ask. For example, over a year ago, the envelope for my TOT monthly bill mentioned higher speeds at a lower price than I was paying for. I went to the office and inquired. No problem, they gave me a form to sign and a few hours later, Lily Tomlin's Thai modern-day clone probably sat in a back room and, while huddled there with her smartphone to check all her latest LINE messages, she flipped a switch and whalla.....my speed was boosted and my bill was reduced 100 Baht/month.
My Swiss neighbor runs off the same main fiber line as we do......but he was complaining about youtube constantly buffering. I showed him my speedtest results and suggested a visit to TOT.......his wife in typical Thai fashion, reluctant. But finally she went.....and came out with the same results as I had.

This may not work for everyone who has TOT, but if you're experiencing slow speeds, a visit to the office might work....and save you some cash at the same time.
All true in my experience. Handy tip for readers.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 23, 2019, 8:52 pm

parrot wrote:
January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Speed and price?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”