Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Post Reply
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 642
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by pipoz4444 » January 17, 2019, 12:58 pm

Hi

In order to apply for my Non Immigrant Visa (outside of Thailand) the Thai Embassy over here, suggested that I get my Medical Check for the Visa Application, done when back in Thailand, next time on holiday. Its not mandatory to be done in Thailand, but since I was coming back for a short holiday, I thought I would get it done in Udon Thani

Has anyone done previously had their Medical Check for their Non Immigrant Visa or for an extension of a Non Immigrant Visa, done at any particular Hospital in Udon Thani before and if so can I ask, which Hospital, i.e.
Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani
Udon Thani Municipal Hospital
AEK Udon International Hospital

I might be wrong but I expect they will all be pretty much the same :roll:

pipoz4444



User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10114
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by 747man » January 17, 2019, 1:10 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 17, 2019, 12:58 pm
Hi

In order to apply for my Non Immigrant Visa (outside of Thailand) the Thai Embassy over here, suggested that I get my Medical Check for the Visa Application, done when back in Thailand, next time on holiday. Its not mandatory to be done in Thailand, but since I was coming back for a short holiday, I thought I would get it done in Udon Thani

Has anyone done previously had their Medical Check for their Non Immigrant Visa or for an extension of a Non Immigrant Visa, done at any particular Hospital in Udon Thani before and if so can I ask, which Hospital, i.e.
Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani
Udon Thani Municipal Hospital
AEK Udon International Hospital

I might be wrong but I expect they will all be pretty much the same :roll:

pipoz4444
Medical Check for a Non-Imm Visa ?? Whats This ?? Never had to do that....

But The Bangkok Hospital IS The MOST Expensive.....Just Sayin' :roll: :roll:

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10638
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

Medical Check for a Non-Imm Visa ?? Whats This ?? Never had to do that....
A medical certificate is a requirement of an application for an O-A visa.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by Lone Star » January 17, 2019, 1:50 pm

Wow. They must've changed the rules.

My physical had to be done in the US and the paperwork filed with everything else for the visa.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1580
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by Udon Map » January 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

747man wrote:
January 17, 2019, 1:10 pm
But The Bangkok Hospital IS The MOST Expensive.....Just Sayin' :roll: :roll:
Indeed.

About two years ago, a friend spent a night at Bangkok Hospital in Udon for a severe upset stomach. USD $500. (I know, -- I paid the bill.)

6½ years ago, I was hospitalized at Bumrungrad for actual food poisoning for three days. USD $820.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 642
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by pipoz4444 » January 17, 2019, 2:13 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 17, 2019, 1:50 pm
Wow. They must've changed the rules.

My physical had to be done in the US and the paperwork filed with everything else for the visa.

It is one of the documents that the Thai Embassy over here, requires me to submit with my Application for my Non Immigrant O-A Visa (1 Year Multi Entry Visa). They (Thai Embassy in Qatar) want a to see the Original and a Copy of a recent Medical Certificate from a recognized Hospital in this Country or from one in Thailand, that is no more than 2 months old.

My friend recently applied (2 month back) and got his Non Immigrant O-A Visa from this Thai Embassy, within 7 days, using a Medical Certificate from a Hospital in Q, but when he initially submitted his application the lady said it would have been preferable if he had go it from a Thai Hospital. Still they accepted his application.

So I will just get one from a Thai Hospital

Regards

pipoz44
Last edited by pipoz4444 on January 17, 2019, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by Lone Star » January 17, 2019, 2:20 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 17, 2019, 2:13 pm
Lone Star wrote:
January 17, 2019, 1:50 pm
Wow. They must've changed the rules.

My physical had to be done in the US and the paperwork filed with everything else for the visa.

It is one of the documents that the Thai Embassy over her, requires me to submit with my Application for my Non Immigrant O-A Visa (1 Year Multi Entry Visa). They (Thai Embassy in Qatar) want a to see the Original and a Copy of a recent Medical Certificate from a recognized Hospital in this Country or from one in Thailand, that is no more than 2 months old.

My friend recently applied (2 month back) and got his Non Immigrant O-A Visa from this Thai Embassy, within 7 days, using a Medical Certificate from a Hospital in Q, but when he initially submitted his application the lady said it would have been preferable if he had go it from a Thai Hospital. Still they accepted his application.

So I will just get one from a Thai Hospital

Regards

pipoz44
Thanks for that information. I guess they're doing things differently than what I experienced.

I would guess that any hospital for the physical would satisfy their requirement.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 642
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by pipoz4444 » January 17, 2019, 2:32 pm

Hi Lone Star,

There are about four of us going through the process here. One has already done his and myself and another are doing it next month. The fourth guy hasn't quite decided when he will lodge his application

So, all going well I should have my Visa stuck in my Passport by mid February and then I plan to activate it when I come back again in April this year

pipoz444

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10114
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by 747man » January 17, 2019, 3:39 pm

A medical certificate is a requirement of an application for an O-A visa.....Thank You Mr Pratt....I Don't get the 0-A Visa That's the reason I Didn't know......I Get the Non-Imm " O " Based on Marriage NO Medical Required,Just Sayin'

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by Lone Star » January 17, 2019, 4:05 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
Hi Lone Star,

There are about four of us going through the process here. One has already done his and myself and another are doing it next month. The fourth guy hasn't quite decided when he will lodge his application

So, all going well I should have my Visa stuck in my Passport by mid February and then I plan to activate it when I come back again in April this year

pipoz444
Holler when you get here!
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by semperfiguy » January 17, 2019, 4:17 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 17, 2019, 12:58 pm
Hi

In order to apply for my Non Immigrant Visa (outside of Thailand) the Thai Embassy over here, suggested that I get my Medical Check for the Visa Application, done when back in Thailand, next time on holiday. Its not mandatory to be done in Thailand, but since I was coming back for a short holiday, I thought I would get it done in Udon Thani

Has anyone done previously had their Medical Check for their Non Immigrant Visa or for an extension of a Non Immigrant Visa, done at any particular Hospital in Udon Thani before and if so can I ask, which Hospital, i.e.
Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani
Udon Thani Municipal Hospital
AEK Udon International Hospital

I might be wrong but I expect they will all be pretty much the same :roll:

pipoz4444

My friend, here is the link for the Thai Consulate, Washington, DC...Non-Immigrant O-A Visa requirements. You will see the download there for the Medical Certificate. It is very basic and doesn't require a visit to the hospital. I went to see my general practitioner in his clinic back in the US and was in and out in 5 minutes. Here is the form (couldn't upload it in its PDF format, so I used my snipping tool and you need to put these two shots together to make a single page):

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services ... tegory-oa/
Attachments
Med Cert2.PNG
Med Cert1.PNG
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10638
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2019, 4:41 pm

747man wrote:
January 17, 2019, 3:39 pm
.....I Don't get the 0-A Visa That's the reason I Didn't know......I Get the Non-Imm " O " Based on Marriage NO Medical Required,Just Sayin'
Yes Alan - I presumed that was the case.

And that is why I felt it was incumbent on me to give you some accurate information.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10114
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by 747man » January 17, 2019, 7:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 17, 2019, 4:41 pm
747man wrote:
January 17, 2019, 3:39 pm
.....I Don't get the 0-A Visa That's the reason I Didn't know......I Get the Non-Imm " O " Based on Marriage NO Medical Required,Just Sayin'
Yes Alan - I presumed that was the case.

And that is why I felt it was incumbent on me to give you some accurate information.
Oi,Jack You Never called me JUMBO There !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Domat
udonmap.com
Posts: 57
Joined: July 2, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by Domat » January 17, 2019, 7:45 pm

I aplied in Switzerland for a non O and had to bring a medical check. Funny mix of qustion my doctor told me.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 642
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by pipoz4444 » January 17, 2019, 8:00 pm

Can't believe they have Leprosy and Elephantiasis still on their list

They would be better off testing for Bubonic Plague and Spanish Influenza :-k :roll:

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on January 17, 2019, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vidmaster
udonmap.com
Posts: 832
Joined: August 18, 2013, 3:15 am

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by vidmaster » January 17, 2019, 9:15 pm

Has anyone from UK ever had a valid unexpired Non O In their passport and applied and got an O-A
I’m thinking of doing as I now only will be staying 6 months
Thanks

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10638
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2019, 9:31 pm

I am not sure an O-A is good value if you are only staying 6 months (in Thailand, I assume).

There are more hurdles to jump though (although not difficult), and the O-A is considerably more expensive, as it is aimed at those looking for multiple re-entries in the first 12 months.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1470
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 18, 2019, 5:13 am

vidmaster wrote:
January 17, 2019, 9:15 pm
Has anyone from UK ever had a valid unexpired Non O In their passport and applied and got an O-A
I’m thinking of doing as I now only will be staying 6 months
Thanks
You probably won't find anyone who has had that situation. I've never heard of anyone having 2 current visas. Most likely if they will do a Non-OA they would also void the existing Non-O at the same time.

There is probably an easier and less expensive way to do what you want, but without knowing a bit more it's difficult to say.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 642
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Udon Thani Hospital for Non Immigrant Medical Check

Post by pipoz4444 » January 31, 2019, 4:10 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 17, 2019, 12:58 pm
Hi

In order to apply for my Non Immigrant Visa (outside of Thailand) the Thai Embassy over here, suggested that I get my Medical Check for the Visa Application, done when back in Thailand, next time on holiday. Its not mandatory to be done in Thailand, but since I was coming back for a short holiday, I thought I would get it done in Udon Thani

Has anyone done previously had their Medical Check for their Non Immigrant Visa or for an extension of a Non Immigrant Visa, done at any particular Hospital in Udon Thani before and if so can I ask, which Hospital, i.e.
Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani
Udon Thani Municipal Hospital
AEK Udon International Hospital

I might be wrong but I expect they will all be pretty much the same :roll:

pipoz4444
OK. I went to the Bangkok Hospital, in Udon Thani, earlier this week and obtained a "Medical Certificate for Certifying the Health" (that's what it says on the Form). The Admin Staff and Doctor all spoke perfect English, which made explaining what I wanted and why I wanted it, so much easier. =D> =D>

Took all of 30 minutes and cost me an amazing TB 200 (Yes only TB 200)

It states on the Form that the Medical Certificate is valid for 30 Days

Regards

Pipoz444

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”