St Mary's school

frankieboy37
udonmap.com

Re: St Mary's school

Post by frankieboy37 » January 30, 2019, 8:44 pm

Projection of power, slackness or a combination of the two?

"There was a recent thread on this forum entitled “Noisy Thai Inconcideration(sic).” In which a contributor named Giggle conjectured that a number of things people brought up in the west sometimes find irksome here could be conveniently explained by the locals, or the locals through their organizations, wishing to project their power.
I thought it was a very useful explanation and was grateful to Giggle for his insight. Merely on the narrow example of a school (not) providing scheduled dates for future school activity I thought the cap would fit very nicely.
I think many of you are very generous in your indulgence with what could easily be arranged for something that is clearly in the pipeline long in advance and has been every year since every school was first established. There is no getting away from the important fact that the schools do it because they can. Which is the first (sometimes only) requirement when projecting power.
However, if it is a simple choice of laughing or crying then it seems most of you seem to make the right choice."

link to thread: post527327.html#p527327

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » February 1, 2019, 9:53 am

Have you considered home schooling? I would never send a kid to a 'school" that teaches "Core Education".
This is why people today can't do math. Only google. :(

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 1, 2019, 12:57 pm

WE (the elders) can do math today because we were taught without the use of electronic devices
We had to march into the testing facility with ruler , pen, pencil and eraser

Today so many have devices to do what is required nowadays

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 2, 2019, 7:42 pm

My daughter (7 years) goes to St, Mary's and i am reasonably content with it, certainly better than the Thai government schools. Have to agree with the lack of communication - also got the 24 hours notice to pay 205 baht for book via our daughter. They have a facebook website, but it is just an empty shell.

OP says daughter is 13 years. I presume she can speak and write thai already or she will have a problem.

Return to “Education/Schools”