chiang mai now top charts for air pollution

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
yartims
udonmap.com

chiang mai now top charts for air pollution

Post by yartims » March 16, 2019, 7:47 pm

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/smog-c ... -days-row/

Congratulations, Thailand. We’ve made it to the top of the world’s most-polluted city list for two days in a row now — beating out perennial contenders like Delhi and Karachi.

The latest update from Air Visual at about 12:50pm today shows Chiang Mai’s air quality index (AQI) score at a baffling 296, categorized as “unhealthy,” described as the level at which “everyone may begin to experience health effects.”

the only good Tory is a lavatory

rick
udonmap.com

Re: chiang mai now top charts for air pollution

Post by rick » March 17, 2019, 7:39 am

Udon is not far behind. After staying below an AQI of 100 most of the time in January and February, we have been at Unhealthy (over 150 AQI) every time i have checked inthe last week.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: chiang mai now top charts for air pollution

Post by glalt » March 17, 2019, 7:58 am

I'm not sure how much burning sugar cane affects things, but in my area of Loei, everything is covered with the black ash. Certainly it must be having an affect on air quality. The worst thing about it is it would be so easy to stop. The farmers don't care, they just keep burning. All the government has to do to stop it is to order the sugar mills to stop buying burnt cane. There are not that many sugar mills to regulate so the burning would stop nearly overnight.

Return to “Health & Beauty”