This Week's Shopping Deal

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
timmy
udonmap.com

Re: This Week's Shopping Deal

Post by timmy » February 28, 2019, 1:12 pm

got some nice fresh " beetroot " in the old Tesco , just right for pickling ...

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » March 1, 2019, 3:08 pm

timmy wrote:
February 28, 2019, 1:12 pm
got some nice fresh " beetroot " in the old Tesco , just right for pickling ...
very dissapointed timmy usualy skip this section as everyone advertise value fruit and veg on sale I saw your name and thought theres an alcholic meat eater like myself and your promoting bloody beetroot 555 hope your well

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » March 1, 2019, 3:31 pm

your from up north and don't like beetroot , you do surprise me …. I thought only southern softeys didn,t eat pickled food ..

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 1, 2019, 4:50 pm

Macro sell beetroot .Have for ages.I like boil em and freeze(Coz I'm a softy sahvener)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 1, 2019, 4:56 pm

Macro sell prepack beef. (Just before the meat counters) 290 baht a kilo.
Dont know what the cut is, Just says "Beef cuts".
Soaked it in a bit Vinegar and lemon 2 hours. Roasted it real slow for 2 hours.
WOW! So tender and tasty! Makes a lovely Sunday roast!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 1, 2019, 5:08 pm

Macro sell prepack beef. (Just before the meat counters) 290 baht a kilo....... Well at THAT Price,Surely it Ain't Thai Beef...

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » March 1, 2019, 5:32 pm

get yourselves a " slowcooker " Lazada about 600 baht then you can eat any beef , tender as you like ...

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 1, 2019, 8:37 pm

Not with my electric supply at 8 baht a unit.I use my gas oven!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2019, 3:17 pm

If you are looking for a new Android phone in the budget bracket, Big C has a relatively new release which gets rave reviews everywhere.

The dual SIM (4G/3G) Xiaomi M1 A2 Lite is priced on special at TBH4,394, which is about TBH500 cheaper than the best on Lazada, TBH1800 below the normal Big C price, and a few dollars cheaper than if you import from China.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/bu ... e-3682640/

It is showing as locked to AIS (hence the cheap price), however there is no lock in place on either SIM. I bought one today after testing with AIS + True Move H SIMs, swapping them around into the opposite SIM holder, and then just with True Move. Everything works hunky-dory.

Has all the Thai bands, and fine for international - not sure about US, check first. One of the biggest attractions is that it has the latest Android 9 Pie + Android 1, which gives it a nearly pure Android experience, and means the phone will get OS updates directly from Android for at least another 2 years. :D

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » March 25, 2019, 3:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 25, 2019, 3:17 pm
If you are looking for a new Android phone in the budget bracket, Big C has a relatively new release which gets rave reviews everywhere.

The dual SIM (4G/3G) Xiaomi M1 A2 Lite is priced on special at TBH4,394, which is about TBH500 cheaper than the best on Lazada, TBH1800 below the normal Big C price, and a few dollars cheaper than if you import from China.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/bu ... e-3682640/

It is showing as locked to AIS (hence the cheap price), however there is no lock in place on either SIM. I bought one today after testing with AIS + True Move H SIMs, swapping them around into the opposite SIM holder, and then just with True Move. Everything works hunky-dory.

Has all the Thai bands, and fine for international - not sure about US, check first. One of the biggest attractions is that it has the latest Android 9 Pie + Android 1, which gives it a nearly pure Android experience, and means the phone will get OS updates directly from Android for at least another 2 years. :D
I had an xiaomi smart phone a year ago and can say i thought it was terrible, the back camera packed up almost straight away, the phone kept on freezing and the battery life was dreadful. They may have improved since then but id be careful when buying these and compared to the quality of a Samsung its night n day.

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » March 25, 2019, 5:22 pm

My Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has excellent battery life , no problems at all for more than a year now. My wife's Samsung J7 has had many problems, short battery life, but better wifi connection. YMMV...
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 25, 2019, 7:00 pm

i use a xiaomi mi max 3 ,grand daugther pocophone f1 (best phone/price) , my stepson has the xiaomi A2 , and my wife is still using the redmi note 4 , i am waiting for the global rom on the redmi note 7 (and decent price) to replace the note 4 ,had samsung before ,daughter is using galaxy s9+ , which is not better than the poco that only costs 1/3 of the samsungs price , samsung expensive phones with bad specs(except screen quality) for those prices and poor battery life ,and when need spare parts the prices are completely ridiculous , have a samsung galaxy s8+ with screen + digitizer broken (been dropped) ,costs 6.500 to 12.000 baht to repair , will go to the bin ....,if you need a phone (or whatever ) look prices on the net first before go shopping ,fe on this website https://www.priceza.com/ you can get an idea of current prices also here https://www.siamphone.com/ you can check all new and old models ,official sales prices and shops giving discounts ,mostly based on shopee ...enjoy your shopping... ;)

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 26, 2019, 9:50 am

SJP17 wrote:
March 25, 2019, 3:27 pm

I had an xiaomi smart phone a year ago and can say i thought it was terrible, the back camera packed up almost straight away, the phone kept on freezing and the battery life was dreadful. They may have improved since then but id be careful when buying these and compared to the quality of a Samsung its night n day.
In Thailand warranty for phone -including camera- is one year. Have you got a new phone or old one repaired? Battery warranty is only 6 months.

Battery life is interesting, must be something related to User Interface. First two weeks I had to charge every day, now only every third day. So phone did adjust something during my 1st two weeks use and now it shows 66% after 19 hours use. Still good for today and tomorrow I have to charge.

We used to have Samsung phones, still two J7 and one J6Plus in house, but now Xiaomi seems to be our phone. Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 6 Pro.

Ps. Did you verify your phone? They have plenty of bad copies of MI and Xiaomi sold also in Thailand. Price is about 1000 thb cheaper than real one. Quality really different. Same applies to Samsung also.

For all: it is easy to check Xiaomi phone at shop. If you are getting earphones, phone is a copy. Original phone does not have earphones included to package. Most of the copies do. Authorized dealer usually bundles earphones to deal.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 26, 2019, 11:53 am

Load of Pollocks in Macro guys .Next to the pangasius section

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 26, 2019, 5:45 pm

choi choi wrote:
March 26, 2019, 11:53 am
For us, I hope some other does not know, could you explain difference? Pangasius is catfish and quite soft. How about pollock?

Like I have been making fish soup with Sea Perch (instead of Pike Perch, medium), Plaa Nin (instead of Perch, hard) and Sole of pangasius (instead of Common Whitefish, soft). How you could describe pollock? I know that I can smoke it, but need also to know type of the fish.

I feel cod is better than pangasius, but pollock is new to me. Did live in Finland and we did have different kind of fish there.

Just like to know before rushing to Makro...

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 26, 2019, 6:36 pm

eagle wrote:
March 26, 2019, 5:45 pm
choi choi wrote:
For us, I hope some other does not know, could you explain difference? Pangasius is catfish and quite soft. How about pollock?

Like I have been making fish soup with Sea Perch (instead of Pike Perch, medium), Plaa Nin (instead of Perch, hard) and Sole of pangasius (instead of Common Whitefish, soft). How you could describe pollock? I know that I can smoke it, but need also to know type of the fish.

I feel cod is better than pangasius, but pollock is new to me. Did live in Finland and we did have different kind of fish there.

Pollock is he nice light White fish that is very mild. If you like any fish at all you will like this fish. It's also the main ingredient in most imitation crab meat because it is so mild it can be flavored. Try it you'll like it. You can fry it, deep fry it, bake it, just don't cook it too much. Salt and pepper both sides. If you are pan frying /searing it, Cook at a med hi in just a bit of oil. It will only take a few minutes to cook. Remember to preheat the pan. Do not move the fish or poke at it until it is opaque halfway up the side. A good heavy pan like cast iron will sustain the high heat without scorching. Only cook just until the white meat flakes. Here is my favorite sauce recipe... Butter. Also if you serve with a baked potato be sure and add plenty of my secret Pollock sauce to the potato as well. In that case it is known as potato sauce. And it's also good on vegetables where it's called... Wait for it … vegetable sauce. Save the leftover crud in the pan and add fresh lemon juice or white wine and some butter and scape up the crud into it making a pan sauce. Can add herbs here if wanted. Parsley chives dill etc.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 26, 2019, 8:37 pm

So there you have it! You should do a video Alan! You could swearand curse at will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Z7EPh8oLU

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » March 27, 2019, 10:33 pm

747man wrote:
March 26, 2019, 6:36 pm
eagle wrote:
March 26, 2019, 5:45 pm
choi choi wrote:

Pollock is he nice light White fish that is very mild. If you like any fish at all you will like this fish. It's also the main ingredient in most imitation crab meat because it is so mild it can be flavored. Try it you'll like it. You can fry it, deep fry it, bake it, just don't cook it too much. Salt and pepper both sides. If you are pan frying /searing it, Cook at a med hi in just a bit of oil. It will only take a few minutes to cook. Remember to preheat the pan. Do not move the fish or poke at it until it is opaque halfway up the side. A good heavy pan like cast iron will sustain the high heat without scorching. Only cook just until the white meat flakes. Here is my favorite sauce recipe... Butter. Also if you serve with a baked potato be sure and add plenty of my secret Pollock sauce to the potato as well. In that case it is known as potato sauce. And it's also good on vegetables where it's called... Wait for it … vegetable sauce. Save the leftover crud in the pan and add fresh lemon juice or white wine and some butter and scape up the crud into it making a pan sauce. Can add herbs here if wanted. Parsley chives dill etc.
Thanks! Sounds better than pangasius. I used to fish almost every day and got 1.3 kg fish every day -and my friend also as you can guess. Still foreign fish species are not so well known by me. I will make a try. To be honest, for me there is something wrong with the fish which do not jump on the pan.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 28, 2019, 1:16 pm

choi choi wrote:
March 26, 2019, 8:37 pm
So there you have it! You should do a video Alan! You could swearand curse at will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Z7EPh8oLU
Me,Swear & Curse ?? I Think you are confusing me with someone else on here !! :shock: :shock:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 10, 2019, 7:28 am

ORMIST non sedating & long acting antihistamines boxes of 10 for only 10 baht, all in good dates.

FORTE Udonthani

231 Moo 5 Robmueang Rd Nadee, Udon Thani 41000
061 021 5884 https://g.co/kgs/K7wJKc
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”