Farmed Norwegian Salmon World’s Most Toxic Food

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Farmed Norwegian Salmon World’s Most Toxic Food

Post by DuiDui49 » March 28, 2019, 11:25 am

I use to eat alot of NON farmed Salomon from the waters of Northern part of Sweden were i use to live.Always thought that it was healthy what i was eating..NOT..i stopped eating it after looking at this video:

https://youtu.be/RYYf8cLUV5E

But lucky me,i found another fish,RED Tilapia at Macro..whith NO addatives at all.Fish itself pretty tasteless so need some herbs and salt...Salomon and Pangasus that they have here in Thailand are farmed the same way..stay away if you try to eat "clean".

Have a great day..:-)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Farmed Norwegian Salmon World’s Most Toxic Food

Post by vincemunday » March 28, 2019, 11:46 am

We have started to grow our own Tilapia, we have quite a few now. When we were starting out we were advised to make them all males by messing with the hormones in their food to make them grow bigger, we opted to just leave them to grow into what they were meant to become and grow how they should. So, because there are no additives doesn't mean they are organic and they may well be modified hormonally.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 28, 2019, 12:15 pm

To tell you the truth anything swimming about in any Thai water will probably be found to have some sort of toxins in it.
If Norway salmon are contaminated even under the watchful eye of the fisheries and health departments what hope is there of farming fish in this country.my simple answer is don't eat anything that swims but I am partial to the odd can of tuna.high fresh water temperature leads to high amounts of pathogens,parasites and bacteria which the fish swim around in so I'm afraid fish is off my menu.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

*HACCP Certified
*No Preservaties
*No Addatives
*No Growth Hormone
*No Antibiotics

That's what's written on the pack i bought at Macro...And hopefully i can trust that,atleast i feel better when eating it intead of Salomon and Pangasus fish.

http://www.andiemitchell.com/lighter-ca ... lime-mayo/

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » March 28, 2019, 2:42 pm

I could have told you this many years ago. But, you would have said I was crazy.
So, where are we at now? nothing is "organic".
The sky is sprayed with chemicals, and the water is full of toxins.
I have been telling people for years, but, no one cares. They love their "Stupid Phones".
If you want real organic, you have to have a "controlled enviorment"
NO commercial fisher can provide this for you. Its not cost effective.
Grow your own.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 28, 2019, 5:05 pm

Isn't it funny (NOT)that i can walk in to a store and find products,not many,but some tthat are labeled S A F E..so i asume everything else they are selling is NOT SAFE..We humans know for sure how to best kill ourself,the name of the game..GREED and MONEY..Thailand 4.0..not in my eyes...0.4 maybe..*SARCASM*.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 28, 2019, 10:54 pm

Is salomon a biblical fish? lol. Where I live on Vancouver Island in Canada we have farmed Salmon as well, mostly Norwegians that have been turfed out of Europe. It is pure poison to humans and wild salmon as well. There is a constant battle on to be rid of the fish farms but it is big business and hard to stop. My wife and I enjoy salmon and trout fishing year round and would never touch any farmed fish but then again we are lucky to be able to catch our own. It is a real shame what people do for profit.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » March 30, 2019, 1:56 am

I've become cautious about believing labels on foods. The labels are only as meaningful as the government developing and enforcing the standards for the label. Many labels have little meaning, such as natural and home made. Even some supposed meaningful labels have been diminished in their meaning, at least in the US. The 'organic' label has to be taken with a grain of salt or two as corporate farms have lobbied the regulating agencies to be more inclusive of what can be labeled 'organic' thereby reducing it value.
As a general rule I avoid farmed fish of any variety. The use of artificial feeds, genetic manipulations, antibiotics, and overcrowded environments all have an effect on the flavor, nutritional value, and presence of potentially harmful contaminants.
Some more info on salmon - https://health.clevelandclinic.org/fish ... ed-salmon/

Return to “Health & Beauty”