orange juice just as unhealthy as fizzy drinks

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
yartims
udonmap.com

orange juice just as unhealthy as fizzy drinks

Post by yartims » May 18, 2019, 5:38 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/17/heal ... index.html

It's not just soda: Drinking too much fruit juice (or any sugary drink) linked to premature death risk

For anyone who thinks substituting a tall glass of Coke with a fresh-squeezed orange juice at the diner is a healthy choice, scientists have bad news for you. When it comes to long-term health, there may not be much of a difference between the two. Research published Friday in JAMA Network Open suggests that the sugar content in both soda and juice can contribute to shortened lifespans.

https://www.inverse.com/article/55920-i ... -than-soda

the only good Tory is a lavatory

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: orange juice just as unhealthy as fizzy drinks

Post by stattointhailand » May 18, 2019, 7:14 pm

Better get that info covered up/denied pretty quick :shock:

Israelies were already starting to panick about the fall in exports ........ if this gets out they might have to start throwing oranges at the gazza strip instead of bombs :-$

Likely be the end of the road for the Isaan workforce currently out there working the orange groves and the back packing hoards from UK/US/Oz/Eastern Europe will have to return to the kent hopfields (not quite such good weather though).

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 18, 2019, 8:54 pm

Izzix, this is old news. Diabetics have been warned about this for years. Before you add updates for apple juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and grape juice, the news is out about them too, I am not sure about tomato juice.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/fr ... a#section5
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 19, 2019, 3:54 am

I've always said there is no way you can substitute a glass of juice for the actual fruit, no fiber. But also I think a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice is ok once in a while.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 19, 2019, 8:11 am

Humans are anatomical, biological and physiological frugivores (animals that feeds mainly on fruit) although we don't now behave as frugivores.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 19, 2019, 8:26 am

The call for elimination of natural fruit juices as unhealthy drinks seems to conflict with the notion that eating apples and oranges are healthy. Why haven't we been told that we should mechanically rid these fruits of their juices before we consume them. Why aren't grocery stores offering dejuiced fruits? As it happens I have an efficient juicer that can do this. So I am wary of advice that states that these fruit juices are as unhealthy as sugar laden soft drinks. I would need more scientific analysis to accept this unhealthy-juice theory.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 19, 2019, 9:49 am

TJ wrote:
May 19, 2019, 8:26 am
The call for elimination of natural fruit juices as unhealthy drinks seems to conflict with the notion that eating apples and oranges are healthy. ..... So I am wary of advice that states that these fruit juices are as unhealthy as sugar laden soft drinks. I would need more scientific analysis to accept this unhealthy-juice theory.
I have been drinking a glass of either orange juice or apple juice, with my breakfast for upwards of some twenty years so, given my advanced years, my personal experience would appear to completely contradict these findings! :roll: :-k

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 19, 2019, 9:49 am

Moderation is always the key, a glass of pure fruit juice every day will not hurt you and is much better than pop or soda. Eating too much meat is bad, eating too much carbohydrates is bad, the list goes on and on. A little common sense is the answer.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 19, 2019, 9:59 am

Fruit juices may contain a lot of natural sugar but they also contain a lot of nutrients that your body needs. Over the years coffee is bad, coffee is good, wine is bad, wine is good, eggs are bad, eggs are good as well as many other things most of us enjoy. My method is everything in moderation is good for you. I refuse to change my diet for any egghead study.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 19, 2019, 10:22 am

glalt wrote:
May 19, 2019, 9:59 am
Fruit juices may contain a lot of natural sugar but they also contain a lot of nutrients that your body needs. Over the years coffee is bad, coffee is good, wine is bad, wine is good, eggs are bad, eggs are good as well as many other things most of us enjoy. My method is everything in moderation is good for you. I refuse to change my diet for any egghead study.
=D> =D> =D> These people get paid to do this nonsense ! Anyways doesnt a natural juice with pulp contain fibre ?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 19, 2019, 11:19 am

saint wrote:
May 19, 2019, 10:22 am
glalt wrote:
May 19, 2019, 9:59 am
=D> =D> =D> These people get paid to do this nonsense ! Anyways doesnt a natural juice with pulp contain fibre ?
Indeed, I happen to like the pulp.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2019, 2:40 pm

Stantheman wrote:
May 19, 2019, 3:54 am
I've always said there is no way you can substitute a glass of juice for the actual fruit, no fiber. But also I think a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice is ok once in a while.
It is perfectly OK In the exactly the same way (though a little worse) as a glass of any sugar water, coke sprite fanta, drink very occasionally is OK
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2019, 2:47 pm

TJ wrote:
May 19, 2019, 8:26 am
The call for elimination of natural fruit juices as unhealthy drinks seems to conflict with the notion that eating apples and oranges are healthy. Why haven't we been told that we should mechanically rid these fruits of their juices before we consume them. Why aren't grocery stores offering dejuiced fruits? As it happens I have an efficient juicer that can do this. So I am wary of advice that states that these fruit juices are as unhealthy as sugar laden soft drinks. I would need more scientific analysis to accept this unhealthy-juice theory.
The process of producing fruit juice eliminates the soluble fibre.
You can easily drink the equivalent of 5 ~ 8 apples/oranges, just try eating the same amount of whole fruit.
The fruit with its juice consumed as a unit in moderation is no problem.
As to scientific analysis there is plenty of it out there.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 20, 2019, 9:16 am

I do not take any notice of all these so called experts, eat and drink what you enjoy and makes you happy.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » May 22, 2019, 9:30 pm

minimiglia wrote:
May 20, 2019, 9:16 am
I do not take any notice of all these so called experts, eat and drink what you enjoy and makes you happy.
lol,yeh your looking good on it, :D

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 23, 2019, 2:08 am

minimiglia wrote:
Some diabetics do this and their poor diet results in them having limbs or other parts of their body amputated. Some people with say cardio-vascular disease eat themselves into a premature death. It seems sensible to me to put some weight on the health angle.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 23, 2019, 6:56 am

GT93 wrote:
May 23, 2019, 2:08 am
minimiglia wrote:
Some diabetics do this and their poor diet results in them having limbs or other parts of their body amputated. Some people with say cardio-vascular disease eat themselves into a premature death. It seems sensible to me to put some weight on the health angle.
Yep great advice from a fat diabetic guy :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “Health & Beauty”