This Board is designed to be a place where a community can gather and hold discussions on various subjects in a friendly and non-aggressive environment. We want every person to have an enjoyable experience and the Rules have been written in accordance with this goal. In order that everyone may obtain the maximum benefits from their participation these Rules must be followed at all times. By voluntarily participating in these forums you agree to follow the Board Rules and the User Agreement or forfeit your rights to participate.
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way including modifying forum member names when quoting them will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
3. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
7. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, strings of/repeated characters (lines, punctuation etc). Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Offending posts may be deleted and Users warned.
8. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "Oh dear!", "What's up!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "I need help locating the local tourist police", "Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Udon Thani?", etc.
9. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering services (charged and free), solicitation etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
10. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently the first X number of posts from new members are automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Moderators and not users. Members that have passed the post approval threshold may be moved back to the 'moderation queue' group at any time if they persistently violate the rules despite previous warnings. If this action does not cause a change in posting style & attitude then a ban will undoubtedly follow.
11. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. Also publishing of any private message on the open forum without both parties consent is not allowed and may lead to a warning.
12. Members should refrain from copying and quoting large passages of material from other sources, especially without adding appropriate comments themselves. The correct way is quote sufficient only to support the posters' comments and supply a web link to the source document.
13. Members should not discuss heated or critical material about Thai politics or Thai people. Similarly general politics and political propaganda is not allowed also.
14. Members should not post about a competitors business on a sponsor's thread or post anything criticising the sponsor.
15. Members should not discuss lesse majeste or anything involving the monarchy.
16. Members should not flood or post on the forums redundant, off-topic, empty, or nonsensical posts or advertisements as determined by udonmap.com staff (i.e. no "spamming").
17. You will not argue with, challenge, question, mock, or otherwise comment on the actions/authority of the Udonmap.com staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Nor shall you challenge, criticise, make consistently negative comments, or comments designed to undermine the credibility of Udon map, forum, management, policy or staff. Should you wish to question or clarify the actions of Udonmap, you should do so by PM, either to a Moderator or to Udonmap.com Administration, via PM (the private messaging system) or email, after having checked forum rules to see if your question is answered there.
18. Posters should not post words or phrases which are designed only to ridicule Udonmap, its staff, the moderators or any other poster. Any such post will be deleted immediately and the poster may be banned.
19. Udonmap does not normally allow uploading or linking to photos of alleged criminals.
20. Videos containing links or blatant advertising will be removed.
21. Members are advised not to air their personal differences on the open forum, any such posts will be removed without question. Please use the pm facility if you have an issue with a particular member.
1. Depending on the seriousness of the breach of these rules a number of options are available to the management of Udonmap. For very serious offences a poster will be immediately & permanently banned. For less serious offences a temporary ban will be issued. This could be of any period from 1 hour to 30 days, depending on the offence and the posters history. For minor infractions a warning will be issued asking the poster to modify their behaviour. However if a poster carries on with similar inappropriate actions after receiving a warning then this will undoubtedly be treated as a more serious offence.
2. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.
3. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
4. An exception to the above rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
5. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While udonmap may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
6. Members can request unused accounts to be disabled but not deleted.
The User Agreement and the Board Rules are subject to change without notice. Further, some sub-forums have additional restrictions and/or guidelines for posting that are stickied at the top of the subforum. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the current rules and forum guidelines for posting.
All content posted on the message boards of Udonmap.com is the exclusive intellectual property of Udonmap.com. Copyright ownership resides in that content by Udonmap.com and the Company is free to use any of the content as they wish. Anyone other than Udonmap.com seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the Udonmap.com message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the Udonmap.com forum in which the content was posted. By posting on the Udonmap.com message boards you are agreeing to the above and relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s) to Udonmap.com.
Sponsorship Rules & Guidelines
The Administration Staff at UdonMap cannot dedicate time to satisfying the appropriateness of items that might be contained within third party web sites. Links to general web sites other than recognised media organisations are not allowed except in very exceptional cases. A link to a sponsors' web site is permitted only as long as it only contains the specific service that the sponsor is paying for. For example a link to a third party web hosting site containing many businesses is NOT permitted. For example;
http://www.yourbusinessname.com is permitted
http://www.thirdpartybusinessname.com/yourbusinessname is not permitted
While every care has been taken in the production of this website, Udon Map Co., Ltd Partnership assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of information contained herein.
Views expressed on this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Udon Map Co., Ltd Partnership.
Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests