Solar Power Equipment Suppliers

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Astana
udonmap.com

Solar Power Equipment Suppliers

Post by Astana » September 15, 2006, 1:43 pm

I am searching for solar power equipment suppliers in the Udonthani area, I'm specifically looking for solar water heaters and domestic use (medium sized house) power systems.

I have found suppliers in Bangkok and surrounding area but shipping and installation makes matters uneconomical, especially when maintenance is brought into the equation.

Any information would be most welcome.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 15, 2006, 1:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Astana.

You could try sending an email to Thomas at www.udonthaihouse.com he has contacts in a local solar panel business. I think the business is located on the Udon Khon Kaen rd about 30km's from KK, It's German and Thai owned.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » September 15, 2006, 2:16 pm

Thanks Lee,

Yes, I believe I've seen that building, it would be on the right as you headed towards KK.

Many thanks for the link.

I'll report back on my findings.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » September 15, 2006, 2:34 pm

I saw solar hot water systems at Global about a month ago. Did not check the price though.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » September 16, 2006, 1:18 pm

I think the large one at Global was around 30,000 baht.

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » September 16, 2006, 10:10 pm

there are 100s of flashing road signs on the road from NongKhai that are solar powered .strange that the solar panels on top havent been stolen yet.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » September 24, 2006, 10:08 pm

Hey, I noticed the solar powered lights a couple of days ago. Pretty neat.

I also stopped by Global a couple of days ago. They had two solar water heaters. One was priced at 39,000 baht and the other was priced at 49,000 baht. A pretty good price for a water tank and some tinted glass tubes!

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » September 25, 2006, 3:00 pm

rickfarang wrote:Hey, I noticed the solar powered lights a couple of days ago. Pretty neat.

I also stopped by Global a couple of days ago. They had two solar water heaters. One was priced at 39,000 baht and the other was priced at 49,000 baht. A pretty good price for a water tank and some tinted glass tubes!
Particularly as the price in China for the largest domestic size is between 4-10,000 Baht fitted, and there is relatively little difference between brands as the technology is the same.

It might even be cheaper to import a system from China, however that also might be wishful thinking.

I am certainly interested in finding contact information or a supplier in the Udonthani province/region regarding a domestic power system.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » September 25, 2006, 4:47 pm

Not that it adds much to the topic but it is worth noting that both my solar clothes driers, (one in Udon and one in Australia), work very efficiently.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » September 26, 2006, 11:05 am

wokkawombat wrote:Not that it adds much to the topic but it is worth noting that both my solar clothes driers, (one in Udon and one in Australia), work very efficiently.

John
Yeah, especially if the winds blowing...

And of course your right it doesn't add anything to the topic.

KunKen
udonmap.com

Post by KunKen » January 9, 2008, 4:25 am

I saw a solar water heater at Kanyong in Pattaya.It had a 150 L tank water connected to elektric also when solar not give enough energi the electric heater come on.cost about 55000B.The also had waterheaters using the energi from compressors in the aircon.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 9, 2008, 8:15 am

North on 2 just outside the ring road and north of the railroad crossing.. You'll see the large warehouse building on the right with various Solar products out front..
Dave

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » January 30, 2008, 3:51 pm

With the price of energy going up, you'd think solar power vendors would be easy to find. But guess what!

Its been nearly eighteen months since I started searching for a product that would fulfill my needs for our household and not one vendor has provided a solution, a price or seems to be that interested in the household market, as for getting a that elusive price; well that seems to be a tightly held secret.

It does seem that vendor are more interested in more industrial projects and that the household market is not in their business models. Go figure. However, there are plenty of one-off products like water heaters, lamps for the garden etc. But I have yet to run into product or system that can be fitted to the house and provide the required power.

The search continues...

motasi
udonmap.com

Post by motasi » January 30, 2008, 5:59 pm

These are listings of Thai manufactures, contact info, email addresses, etc. All communicate in English and should be helpful, or at least lead in some direction. Good luck. Be sure to check the one company that also specializes in stand alone home systems.

Here

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » January 31, 2008, 4:47 am

its the price of the materials thats the bug. and control system to keep it all aligned where it should be ,otherwise it goes into reverse and loses power .
i designed a load of them for BP gas stations in europe . they were mounted on the roofs of the stations to add power to grid. takes 15 years for them to pay back the costs and become economic .
its not really viable for domestic installations just yet ,until cheaper materials become available

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » January 31, 2008, 1:29 pm

Solar Solutions Co.
[email protected]
Elgan Voigtmann
This is the factory on the road to Khon Kaen.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » January 31, 2008, 6:31 pm

Been there done that, not worth the visit.

marshallb66
udonmap.com

Post by marshallb66 » February 1, 2008, 8:58 am

Astana

I have a large home with many electrical equipment like water pumps etc. 8 air conditioners.
I have a tennis court with lighting also
4 large plasma TV etc. All the electrical equipment I have in the house plus the out side power usage is pushing my electricity bill to around 15000 / 20000 baht per month..

When I built the house I ordered and installed a Solar Hart hot waters system. This unit is imported from Australia. Cost 150,000 Baht plus installation.
It requires copper piping due the heat and pressure.

I have been interested in installing a solar power system in my house to try and cut back on my electricity bill. I live in a rural village.

I have searched over the past year for information and a supplier in the KK Udon Thani district with out success

I am prepared to pay the cost of transportation and maintainance from Bangkok.
If you have any information that would help me to get a domestic power system I would be grateful.
I only need a system that is enough to power my needs. I am not looking to feed back into the grid to make money.

My email address is [email protected]

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » February 1, 2008, 9:52 am

Check out Solar Solutions Co. in KK.

Return to “House & Land”