Jan Condotel - Udon Thani

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
lee
udonmap.com

Jan Condotel - Udon Thani

Post by lee » December 31, 2007, 2:01 pm

We would like to welcome Jan Condotel to udonmap.com, they're sponsoring our next magazine publication.

Jan Condotel are located on the road opposite Udon's museum. They offer rooms for short and long-term rental.

http://www.udonmap.com/jancondotel

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » December 31, 2007, 3:17 pm

tryed to get on their website but it says that their website has been expired.
(already)i thought it has only just been opend

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 13, 2008, 11:49 am

Does anyone have any idea of the room prices here, or indeed has anyone stayed here? Their website just shows the single page in Lee's initial post.

tony525
udonmap.com

Post by tony525 » January 13, 2008, 12:17 pm

the last time I was there (about 1 year ago) , the rate was Bt 400/day.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » January 13, 2008, 4:15 pm

Oct 2006 B8000 a month very good rooms, internet connection in room, room cleaned once per month
Master Builder

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » January 13, 2008, 9:15 pm

AussieBoy, do the rooms include any kind of kitchen/dining facility? The location and pictures make it look quite nice. I have a friend coming from Florida the end of Jan. and this might be the perfect place for him. He didn't enjoy the cramped quarters at AEK.
Stay atop the grass

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 13, 2008, 10:00 pm

if you look at the photo and read the article it say double & single rooms so if you need space check it out

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » January 14, 2008, 9:29 am

This link to their website should work.

http://www.jancondotel.com/en/index-en.html

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » January 14, 2008, 8:50 pm

Thanks Ron.

Once again, you've jumped in and made a comment on someones post and, as usual, you don't have a clue as to what's being asked. Yes, I've seen the photos and yes, I've read the article and neither indicate as to whether the units have dining/kitchen facilities - which is what I specifically asked AussieBoy (NOT you) about. And of course, the fact that I mention that I'm inquiring for a friend seems to have eluded you completely. And finally, no, I don't need more space.

Sometimes I think you just post your diatribe on various topics to see how many 'chains' you can pull. :?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 14, 2008, 9:30 pm

Tony & Aussie Boy, thanks for the info on the room rates, daily and monthly. And UdonExpat, for the Jan Condotel's proper website address, from which I got more info. The rooms look good.

moola

Post by moola » February 5, 2008, 4:14 pm

Stayed there for one month in July absolutly fantastic for the price and the owner Nararat what a wonderful lady.

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » February 6, 2008, 8:30 am

Looks a great place and a bargain. I had a look on the udonmap and couldn't see it. Has anyone the reference, please?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 6, 2008, 10:32 am

Have a look at the latest magazine map (page 18-19), Jan Condotel is on Soi Sansuk opposite the Udon Thani Museum (Map Ref H10). There is a link to the latest magazine pdf on the index page of udonmap.com :D

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » February 11, 2008, 8:39 am

lee wrote:Have a look at the latest magazine map (page 18-19), Jan Condotel is on Soi Sansuk opposite the Udon Thani Museum (Map Ref H10). There is a link to the latest magazine pdf on the index page of udonmap.com :D

Thanks Lee,

Looks a decent place. :D

madwolf
udonmap.com

Post by madwolf » February 18, 2008, 6:14 pm

they should update their website then..... they list the standard room at 400 THB, but when i called them, they quoted 500 THB. not that I find that overpriced (dont know the place anyway), but I dont like if someone lures u in and then the reality is different from what is being promoted online....

I decided to stay somewhere else 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 18, 2008, 7:21 pm

Did you ask them why it says 400B on the website and they quoted you 500B madwolf..?
Can You Dig It Dug.?

madwolf
udonmap.com

Post by madwolf » February 19, 2008, 1:19 pm

when they quoted 500, I said "on your website youlist the standard-room at 400", but then the lady again replied the price is 500 and nothing less. so why should I as a potential guest start any fruitless discussions WHY the price is not same promoted ? its not my business WHY the price is different. what counts for me as a customer is , that the information I was given online, proved to be wrong.
but anyway, dont wanna start a big argueing over that. They will know what they do and so do I.
maibpenrai ;)

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 19, 2008, 7:34 pm

the price does change with the location of room, 1st 2nd 3rd floor, cheaper as you go up. also, on some holidays there is a surcharge, which i cancelled that time. but nice place to stay if not needed to be in farang catering area. very quite.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » March 1, 2008, 5:26 pm

I've stayed at the Jan Condotel a few weeks last year and a few weeks the year before. First time was a bit over 400 baht per day the second time maybe 450 baht.

The staff doesn't have English skills and aren't likely to explain their rent options. Mostly Thais stay there and I suspect most of these Thais are teachers working at the nearby schools.

The big disadvantage IMO is that it is a ten minute ride to the Robinson shopping mall or the Irish Clock street. The very good Thai open-air eatery, Oyster Hot Pot, is around the corner on Phosri Road. I don't like the Oyster Hot Pot dish, but the rice dishes are wonderful. Everything Good Restaurant is a ten minute walk away. If you don't have a laptop, two inexpensive internet shops are across the road. Snack shops across the street. Many shops in walking distance.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 1, 2008, 6:17 pm

disadvantage IMO is that it is a ten minute ride to the Robinson shopping
that is an advantage to me, prefer quiet area, close to nong prajack, as you say, enough food in the area. may have to try that oyster pot, tho oysters aren't my thing. 8)

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”