Really urgent I need a vet

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Really urgent I need a vet

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2018, 9:20 pm

Does anyone know a 24 hour vet in Udon? I've got a very sick dog.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Really urgent I need a vet

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2018, 9:30 pm

This link has phone number for Pet hospital vince if not 24 hr they may have answerphone or something with contact for out of hours

vet-practice-udon-good-experience-t41903.html

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2018, 9:40 pm

That's my vet AEC but they're not open, anyone else know a 24 hour vet?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Gallowspole
udonmap.com

Post by Gallowspole » December 9, 2018, 10:11 pm

PM sent.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 10, 2018, 7:42 am

Looks like my dog was most likely poisoned, we will find out later today, she's not a yapper and she hasn't killed anything so it's all bit of a mystery. Thanks to Doug Isles and his Mrs Lek (of Leks ranch and fishing) we got her to a vet who gives her about 50/50 but after seeing her yesterday I'd say the prognosis isn't good. Thanks to all who offered info etc, Vince.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » December 10, 2018, 7:56 am

Both our dogs were recently killed, one poisoned and the very next day the other hit by a speeding truck. Some Thais are sick f$$ks. I feel for your situation....hope your dog recovers.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » December 10, 2018, 8:00 am

I've had at least one dog killed by poisoning.Perhaps not intentional,but putting rat poison on scraps of meat is a pretty senseless thing to do.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 10, 2018, 8:32 am

Dogs can get poisoned from the big slow toads .Apparently they have poison glands in their skin , and its the sort of thing a puppy will see as a play thing . No idea how old your dog is vince , but it does happen .
I had a 6 month old Thai ridgeback bitch who thought it a good idea to play with one once , within seconds shes foaming at the mouth and gasping for breath .
I didnt think i would have the time to find or get her to a vet , so i poured about 2 litres of water down her neck to dilute as much as possible the poison . It worked and she went on to see another 8 years
Hope your dog recovers . Dont lose heart , dogs have a canny way of recovering from most things .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 10, 2018, 9:23 am

Spoken to the vet, she's sitting up but can't stand and she's a lot happier in herself than she was last night, tests come back at 1pm. Cane toads are a pain in the bum and I do all I can to clear them, tonight I'll go out lamping and clear all I can. Spoke to my builder Lek and he doesn't think a villager would poison her, she's locked away behind 8' walls and gates all the time and doesn't make a nuisance of herself so hopefully that's not the issue. Fingers crossed.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » December 10, 2018, 11:06 am

Hopefully the dog will come round and recover.
Best thing to do until you can get to a vets is cram 2 or 3 raw egg whites down her/his throat whilst pouring a bunch of water down there to dilute as another poster said. Even half a litre of real milk helps.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 10, 2018, 2:41 pm

How's your pup now, did you get the results back? what a nightmare for you

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 10, 2018, 9:11 pm

Yes we got the results and they are showing huge liver failure so she's still not out of the woods, all signs point towards poisoning so we need to watch Mille and Princess, I'm going to pull the CCTV and see what I can see. Still no better than 50/50, fingers crossed.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 10, 2018, 9:24 pm

A friend of mine's wife fell in love with an expensive imported puppy. My friend bought it for her. The puppy was happy and healthy until it chewed up a toad. It died the next day. Maybe it's a good idea to have only Thai dogs. Thai dogs seem to have an instinct and know toads are not to be messed with. My dog never had any experience with spitting cobras but he knew to keep a healthy distance from one that was close to our house. He kept barking at it even after I killed it. Toads or snake bites can kill a dog.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 10, 2018, 9:25 pm

Yep I understand glalt, Mandy by the by is a Thai Soi dog that I adopted.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 10, 2018, 9:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:
December 10, 2018, 9:25 pm
Yep I understand glalt, Mandy by the by is a Thai Soi dog that I adopted.
I hope she makes it. I had a Golden Retriever that we loved. He loved everyone and he was stolen. He loved to ride in the back of the pickup. If the tailgate was down he would jump in. I always hoped he would come home but he never did. It was a long time before I got another dog. It's too painful to lose them. No one would steal my dog now. He doesn't like strangers. He would never bite but he barks at them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 10, 2018, 9:50 pm

Our Rotties killed a banded krait in the garden today, actually they kill everything that moves. I have seen Bailey come in foaming at the mouth eyes rolling and being sick but he just won't stop eating the toads.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 11, 2018, 4:54 am

Dont give up hope Vince , Ive had a rottie come back from 20% chance of survival in the past . Parvo .
I know its a different situation , but dogs are very resilient .
Soi dog or no , they are still part of the family .
Good luck

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 5:27 pm

How's Mandy now Vince she certainly hasn't been lucky health wise but shes a lovely dog

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 11, 2018, 5:56 pm

Hope things are going well, Vince.

We've got four, and I've fought that battle. Good luck.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 11, 2018, 7:27 pm

Mandy is now home, she's far from well but the vet says it'll be less stress for her being home, she's bright and perky but she's doing a lot of laying down, not like her at all. Anyway, as I said earlier Doug Isles missus Lek found me a vet, they are truly 24 hour and are situated opposite the Land Office on the Phosri Road. The vets in there are very caring, the one who looked after Mandy pulled out all the stops and i'm very grateful for the care she gave her. There are some downsides, the vets don't speak English and if you're expecting a state of the art vets like we get back home it's not like that at all. However the positives outweigh the negatives, they care about the animals, they're open 24 hours and I highly recommend them.

Tel - 081-391-0506 THAI ONLY

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”