Search found 263 matches
4. The ‘dingo fence’ is the longest fence in the world (5,530km shortened from m 8600km in 1980). It is about twice as long as the Great Wall of China and didn't cost an estimated $33Billion USD which started at $4 Billion on another structure Something similar could of saved Trump a lot of effort,...
- August 25, 2019, 2:33 pm
- Forum: Thailand News
- Topic: British man killed in Centara Grand Phuket
- Replies: 32
- Views: 1698
Wonder how many American's would be stateless if we only had their name to go off. Not many Dances with Wolves about these days to advise.
Is Isaan beer still on the go? I remember that being even worse than Archa. When it's hot I will drink most beers provided they are pre cooled and do not have ice in them. I've generally always prefered Leo when I'm buying though. I've never noticed different % on the same brand beer before. Having ...
- August 10, 2019, 2:46 pm
- Forum: World News
- Topic: And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US
- Replies: 150
- Views: 4988
Okay...here comes the "ban the guns" and "it's all Trump's fault" crowd. Over the years the US and other countries have spiraled into a culture of violence brought on by bastards brought up in single parent homes, collecting welfare and sitting around watching violent video games all day. Society h...
Terrorism with very little terror. In global terror terms it's really just a fart in a lift. Thankfully those innocent 3 are still alive although, sadly, most likely suffered life long injuries. The timing of the detonations suggest they didn't want to hurt/kill huge numbers but the secondary blast,...
- July 17, 2019, 1:32 pm
- Forum: General Udon Thani Forum
- Topic: Udon Thani International Airport
- Replies: 40
- Views: 2255
The growth in popularity of the airport over the last 10 years is crazy. My first flight to Udon in around 2007 only had a handful of people on it and on arrival I stood outside waiting to be picked up and don't remember seeing many cars, if any, outside. Now you struggle to see spaces. The airport'...
It's a bizarre country and gets more bizarre still out in the sticks. There's so much that could cause stress to a grumpy old man in Thailand I think part of the immigration process should be to spend a month in the local temple meditating and destressing. Preferably not one that locals honk at when...
- May 29, 2019, 6:26 pm
- Forum: Things to do in Udon Thani
- Topic: Volleyball Tournament
- Replies: 28
- Views: 4385
Imagine the look on any married poster's wife's face if they got taken to watch that! I don't think mine would believe I'd suddenly taken an interest in the sport!
- April 4, 2019, 2:14 am
- Forum: World News
- Topic: soldiers using Corbyn photo for target practice.. video
- Replies: 16
- Views: 684
Totally unacceptable behaviour, they should have used the real thing.
- December 26, 2018, 4:33 am
- Forum: Udon Thani Accommodation
- Topic: Amman Unique Hotel Udonthani
- Replies: 19
- Views: 2367
Without wanting to be critical of a udonmap sponsor without staying there it does seem an odd style choice for somewhere such as Udon. Are they expecting a huge upsurge in Arab tourists to the area maybe? Wish them luck all the same but its like they've given the wrong GPS coordinates to the builder.